on 22 May 2013
I have already written a review for when I received this rucksack. At first I was really happy with it! Couldn't have loved it more! Then yesterday I picked it up from the side... and my thumb went straight through the material! The material it is made from frays easily. This is what the material had done and as a result had come away from the stitching. Leaving a hole. I would like to stress hat I did not put any form of heavy weight on the bag. The bag only had a laptop in. The part where the stitching came away was not even on the laptop compartment. I would not recommend this bag. The material overall is not well made.
on 27 March 2014
Bought this bag to use for hand luggage on a forthcoming trip. Despite a few negative comments here on Amazon, it appears to be well made and of good quality - certainly there's nothing skimpy about it.
I don't intend to carry a laptop with me, but the special compartment will be great for keeping newspapers and magazines in good condition. Pleased with my purchase so far and don't see any visibly obvious reason why that would change.
(Additional note, added 13/04/14, after use: I took my bag on holiday for one week, with a camera, binoculars, two small portable radios, a toilet bag and a couple of magazines in it and one of the shoulder straps is now disappointingly starting to part company with the top of the bag. It would appear that this has been due to a quite minimal surplus of material being allowed for the sewing in of the strap).
on 26 June 2012
I bought this for a weekend trip away, fit's perfectly in your hand-luggage allowance and it offers excellent protection for your laptop. Also it's water proof which is fantastic and also, very strong, I'm a good judge because I always over pack everything.
on 3 September 2013
I bought this bag with prior knowledge that Cabin Max tend to do things just right, which was in this case very true. Before buying the bag I was slightly apprehensive having read some reviews on the bag; reports that there was not enough space, or that one's laptop wouldn't fit. The latter was my greatest concern, as I currently use a rather meaty Dell Inspiron 15R SE, with a 15.4" screen and a chunky 1.5" depth. I decided to take a gamble and go with this bag, being attracted with the incredible price (£12.99) and majority positive reviews. The service was excellent and I received the bag a prompt 48 hours after purchase and was amazed to find out that on delivery not only does my laptop fit very well, but also that there is enough room in the main compartment for two full lever arch files and a full A4 pad - Uni students you will be able to relate with me here as to how important this is! This bag is indeed like the Tardis - even with a laptop, two folders and a pad there is ample space for whatever you want, ie; books, power cords, water bottle, might even squeeze a lunch in there. Overall, this bag in simply magnificent, a solid 5/5 in the respect that it is cheap, does the job and nothing more can be asked of it!
on 20 November 2012
I had been looking for a bag for work with different compartments so that I could carry my packed lunch, and my iPad without the risk of a spillage damaging my gadget, this seemed to tick al the boxes. The bag feels sturdy, with plenty of padding on the straps, and back area. The iPad compartment (which is very roomy, enough room for a standard laptop) also has extra padding for security. There are also two more pockets on the front, and one on either side - no zips on the side ones though - so it is ideal for all my work needs, I'm very pleased with the product!

I also ordered this bag by next day delivery, at a charge of £3.95, which is a bit steep, but the delivery company, DPD were excellent, they sent me an email, and a text to let me know that they would be arriving between 1.07pm, and 2.07pm, so no hanging around all day waiting for the parcel, they actually turned up a around 1.30pm, so well done to them!!
on 17 October 2012
When the bag arrived it seemed way too small, but it really is a tardis. My 17" laptop went in the back smoothly, my uni' books and other stuff all fit in the main pouch with lots of room to spare, the front compartment is big enough for all the bit that i carry like my wallet, diary, etc, etc. The padding is really comfortable on the back and the straps - I was also suprised to see that the back padding was two vertical strips which go either side of the spine, allowing air to pass down the centre of your back (Not much use to me as I use it on my motorbike, but good if your trekking or running with it on).
I held off writing a review because I wanted to see if it really was waterproof, and I was caught in what felt like a torrential downpour the other day, the bag remained completely waterproof and all my attempts at coursework were saved! hooray! lol. I wouldn't normally gush about a backpack but I am genuinely impressed, especially within this price range. A must-buy!

Theres always a negative!!! I just wonder about the very front pouch (there are 4 compartments: laptop, main, front, and then a smaller pouch), it does not have a zip like the others and is open from the top... surely on a waterproof bag that would just fill up in the rain. It didn't happen to me but I don't know if that was a fluke or it it is designed to release the water. I would suspect the latter.
on 20 August 2014
A good, light, cheap bag which is strong enough to discreetly carry a laptop, with room for lots of other bits and pieces. Waterproofing is adequate, although the large open pocket on the front is surely going to collect water in heavy rain. Comfortable to carry with well padded adjustable straps and back. Laptop pocket is large enough to hold a MacBook Pro 13" - anything larger, and you might struggle, but check the dimensions before buying to avoid disappointment.
on 5 November 2012
Great backpack - good quality and as described by seller. Light weight and strong with 3 sections. Would recommend as a school bag. Good value product.
on 25 March 2013
I was looking for a bag to save me money and time at airports on a recent Asia trip, this bag looked ideal.
Saved me money on the budget airlines and saved me time with no waiting for hold luggage. It fitted my notebook, my clothes I needed for the first few days, my travel documents, camera and phone and bit of room left for bottle of water and book. I was never once stopped to check dimensions or weight by any airlines and it fitted in the overhead compartment perfect. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants a bag that looks and feels compact, on the outside, but it will surprise you the amount of gear this miniature backpack can hold inside. This a perfect bag for avoiding costly hold luggage costs with all budget airlines.
on 30 December 2012
I've been using this backpack for a while now and find it very comfortable and well padded. It's very lightweight but sturdy and I'm sure it would cope with carrying a lot of weight. I wasn't too keen on the white and green logo on the front so I coloured it in with black permanent marker. The only criticism is that it can't withstand a heavy Scottish downpour. Luckily, the first time I used it in heavy rain, I had a book in the laptop compartment and not my laptop as the book got quite soggy round the edges. The front pocket is handy for sticking an umbrella in though, so I'm continuing to use it and just making sure I don't subject it to prolonged heavy rain.

See one answered question