Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 11 April 2013
Easy to use good angle guides, however, the motor quite clearly is under powered the grinding wheels slow down to much as soon as the blade touches the stone
on 17 March 2012
The unit appears to be reasonably well made, and did a good job of sharpening some pretty old knives. One was damaged and had some 'nibbles' out of the blade. Not any more, nice, smooth and very sharp blade. Only one criticism, and that is the motor appears to be a bit weak. One knife in particular, because it was heavy-ish managed to slow it down considerably, without pressing on the knife at all - ie just the weight of the knife. However, I have sharpened 7 knives very well, and would have paid much more than the purchase price of the sharpener to get them done, and I still have the sharpener. I would recommend this product.
on 23 April 2013
When pressure is applied to knife duriing sharpening, the sharpening wheels virtually come to a halt. Indicating the motor is not powerful enough. A little disappointed to say the least.
on 12 June 2013
The motor is very weak, and struggles even to do the slightest cut, It does NOT do the job at all. My advice leave well alone!!!
on 8 June 2012
This is an excellent knive sharpener we are well impressed

Would definitely recommend this our kitchen knives are razor sharp & with no effort
on 22 February 2013
Sort of sharpens your knives, but does seem to struggle at times. If you take your time, and dont mind using a Steel afterwards to tidy up the edge, its okay.
on 1 April 2012
The grinding wheels will remove quite alot of your knife if you do not take care. So make sure you just pull through quickly enough and avoid pressing down on the knife. So go easy and you will have success. You do need a steady hand and you must follow the instructions!! A good idea to just hone off on a fine wet or dry stone after grinding to remove snags of steel.
on 10 May 2014
After using a standard mini grindstone successfully for years till the motor gave up I bought this item . After trying it on some knives, according to instructions , I found it actually blunted them ! Having recovered the edge of one knife I tried again with same result . Do what I have done get a whetstone and apply elbowgrease !
on 25 September 2013
This item didn't work out for me and had to be returned. Followed the instructions to the letter, but it failed to improve the sharpness of any of my knives which are from different brands. In fact in some cases I think it made them worse. It does shave off a noticeable amount of metal from the knife but the fine grinding didn't seem to make any difference. The item is heavy so return postage costs are expensive. The seller had a limit on returns postage charges so I ended up out of pocket.
on 22 January 2013
This is exactly what I needed! Many of my well-used and loved knives were so blunt that they were almost unuseable- and, furthermore, dangerous, as they required a great deal of pressure to get them to cut anything. My knife sharpener arrived today, and I couldn't resist sharpening the entire collection! Easy to use, this product did an excellent job, and has restored all the knives to razor sharpness. I shall enjoy using them in the kitchen every day. I would certainly recommend the Designer Habitat electric knife sharpener to anyone who, like me, can't use a traditional steel with sufficient skill to sharpen blades properly!