5.0 out of 5 stars Great set
I wasnt really paying attention when I ordered this headset as i thought it was a USB Headset. Luckily though I have headphone and mic ports in the front of the computer and its easy to set up using Realtek.
Published on 28 Oct 2011 by Mr. G. Bell

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the money
Sound a bit on the dull side compared to my previous, more expensive set, but acceptable for less than 20.
Published 16 months ago by Mrs Tamzin Lodge / Mr Antony Lodge

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set, 28 Oct 2011
Mr. G. Bell (London, england) - See all my reviews
The Headset is pretty impressive really, the mic is nice and flexible and not one of those soft ones that sometimes you dribble on when playing! The headphones are BIG but soft and comfortable, ths sound is great, mic is responsive and there is a nice little control on the lead for mic mute, volume and tone, although the tone one is a bit pointless!

To sum up, these ARENT USB but are a fantastic buy for the price, and I would expect a headset of this quality to be much more expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 3 Feb 2011
S. Gatland - See all my reviews
Fast delivery and on time. Package of the box was excellent. Packaging of the item inside could of been better as when i opened it one of the grills from the right ear had come off, but it was just a matter of clicking back into place.

The actual item itself is superb. Great sound quality (especially for gaming, which i bought it for. Nice deep bass and crisp sound quality overall, light weight, soft padding on the ears and do not hurt your ears after long usage.

Overall im very pleased with the headset.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior., 19 Aug 2013
Mr. L. Riley (UK) - See all my reviews
This is the best headset in the world, in my opinion. Now this may sound stupid to some of you, but as a PC gamer I've had a fair few headsets in the past. I even had a USB Medusa NX 5.1 headset, which wasn't bad but sadly the audio was a bit crackly and eventually based on where the volume wheel was positioned on the in-line audio controller, sound would turn on and off on the left ear cup.

Anyway, prior to having the NX 5.1, for years I had the NX Stereo. Now, 5.1 and 7.1 are gimmicks, many people will bash folks and deny this but the truth is, there is such little difference in speaker posititioning in ear-cups that time difference between sound sources is not adequate enough to cause a decent effect. You can definitely hear it from individual speakers, but it's far from realistic. Also, based on the game you're playing, coverage from each speaker in the cup might either be good or bad based on the way the audio works in game. Also, since many console games come to PC, much of the audio is stereo and many true PC games using multi-channel audio can be played across the Stereo channels brilliantly.

The headset itself is superb. This is my 2nd. They are built well. The microphone has always been TOP NOTCH. The speakers and ear cups are brilliant. Not only are they shaped well and large enough for my long ears, but it is also comfortable for hours upon hours of games. The goose neck-mic is a great addition as well.

Another great thing is the 2.8m cable giving tons of freedom. Not only that but like all good headsets should have, is the cable attaching to ONE ear-cup and not two, thus preventing tangles.

My only gripe is the head band. It's like a thin, stringy like membrane. If it was thicker, and perhaps fake leather that'd be great, and I'd also prefer the cusions on the ear-pads to be the same, but these are only minors. I'd be happy to pay an extra 10 for those features, assuming quality and audio were not effected.

Now, audio quality is tremendous. Bass is clear, deep and never distorted. Treble is good and the mid range is pretty decent as well. Foot steps come in clear but not in an unrealistic way and there is not a single shred of tinny audio from this.

I've always found this headset to be great on in built audio, but using this on a very cheap, very good ASUS Xonar DG PCI sound card is brilliant.

The only reason I got another headset, after my failure with the 5.1 USB one, is because the headbang had sort of torn. The only reason this happens is because I'm a skin head and it got quite oily on the head band and in a sort of OCD-like manor I'd always wipe it. Not to mention the stuble on my head rubbing on it whenever I put the headset on or off.

Anyway, after the 5.1 died after a disappointing 11-12 months, I got another Speedlink Medusa NX Stereo headset. The original still works btw, I've got it in reserve :). The first one I'd used for about 2 years and it still works. This second one I must of had for about... 6 months, possibly more (guessing), and it works great.

This headset is great for everything and I'm not just saying it because it's cheap or because I'm pleased with it based on my definition of how audio can sound but I am somewhat of a perfectionist and if something isn't right, it bugs me until I change it. This is why I keep coming back to this headset and this is why I always like this headset. I've even recommended it to people so I can hear first hand the quality of the mic, so I know what people hear from me.

Music on this headset is great. Games on this are amazing and the tone control on the in line wheels can add extra bass without dumbing the other aspects of audio down too much, which is quite a nice surprise.

The negative reviews on this headset are people who have been unlucky. I'm sorry to say it but you have been just that. Or perhaps you've spent a bomb on other headsets in the past and are disappointed. Hard luck.

Anyway, for shooters, other games, music and movies, this headset is absolutely fantastic. When you using ear cups, 5.1 and 7.1 are pretty much gimmicks, as much as people are willing to deny. There is some difference which can be noticed, but really the equal sound through 2 channels on Stereo is hassle free and great, all the time.

Get the audio jack version, I've always used them but if you have really really bad on board audio, then I don't know what to suggest. Perhaps get a Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Audio Card. It costs practically nothing, it's recommended by many people and is one of few PCI cards with a headphone AMP. Once you got that, set the sound to Soft Rock, Set HiFi and GX off, set the audio to 8 channel, set it on headphone mode and use Pro-Gaming Mode / 32/64 Ohm Headsets for louder audio (thanks Amp). Good news. This headset is a 32 Ohm headset so it can take it without going pop.

Well made headset. Cheap. Solid build. Great audio. Great Mic. Great 3.5mm connectors. Great audio cable thickness and length. Has in-line mute button. Doesn't need any drivers since it uses 3.5m jacks.

Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy them, 8 May 2012
first comment ever left for an item bought online ever. these things are exactly what i wanted, long cable, lovely sound, comfortable as hell and quality for price is pretty dam awesome :D
even the box it came in was cool

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the money, 26 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Budget Headset, 21 Jan 2012
Audio is great, bass sounds good and comfortable enough... long cable, vol control and mute button are all there. if on a budget i would deffo recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, worrying microphone, 17 Jun 2012
Amazon Customer (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
So I had problems with my last headset, a Steelseries set that lost the sound on the left hand side. I can't complain I'd had them a couple of years and they were well used. So I decided to look for a 5.1 pair. After a lot of review chasing and price checking I decided on the Medusas. When ordering Amazon were kind enough on the product page to point out there was an updated set available, at a cheaper price too. Having lived with them now for a lot of online gaming sessions I can say that they are a very effective set and I am more than happy with the sound. However, they lose a star as I am not sure on the life expectancy of the microphone. It is on a very flexible mount that wasn't even straight when it came out of the box and is all too easy to knock out of shape just taking them on and off. I can say that the actual micrphone sound quality is amazing, Teamspeak is a lot clearer both sending and receiving vox. On the whole I'd recommend anyone looking for a surround set give these a second look as on the whole they are excellent value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, great sounding, 5 July 2014
Really nice headset - very comfortable and cover the ears perfectly. Microphone sounds great on the computer and with my Amateur Radio equipment which it was purchased for. You may want to add a foam windshield on the mic, but otherwise it's a nice product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and bassy, but mediocre audio quality., 28 Jun 2014
Got this for a friend for gaming, he likes it. But for him its more about the amount of bass than the overall quality of the sound. If you are like that, or just not very picky or serious about audio, these headphones are good, and I can recommend them to you. They are comfortable (if a bit hot), and have plenty of bass, but the audio quality is what I would call average or mediocre, I am just more of an audio purist. The mids and highs lack definition and are a bit drowned out by the bass and lower mids.

So, if you are an audio purist like me on a tight budget, the Sennheiser HD201 is much much better for a similar price. That's what I use. The bass monkeys will say it lacks bass, which is true, but the quality of the bass it has is better, and the overall audio quality is way better, more like "reference grade". They only really lack bass if you plug them into rubbish PC motherboard audio or an improperly configured frequency equalizer. If you plug the HD201s into a good source, and up the bass a bit, you'll find they have plenty of good tight bass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and perfect, 24 Jun 2014
Comfortable, Affordable, I've used Turtle Beach PX-21, and these are on the same level as them, I'd still purchase these over TB's. Excellent microphone quality and awesome sound quality. My only downside with the purchase was I didn't get 5.1's :)

Speedlink Medusa Nx Core Gaming Stereo Headset - Black (Xbox 360/PC)
38.19