5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing bargain from a thoughful guitar maker
I purchased this guitar for my son - who loves it - it's amazing. I do a lot of studio work and have an Ibanez guitar (which cost me nearly 300 a few years back) which I've never been able to record properly. I thought it was something to do my mic placement, or my playing.

Published on 26 May 2012 by Wombat

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment after disappointment.
Published 13 months ago by PLiv

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing bargain from a thoughful guitar maker, 26 May 2012
This review is from: Lindo ORG-SL Slim Electro Acoustic Guitar with Pre-amp and Integrated Tuner/Accessories - Black (Electronics)

Problem solved - This guitar is awesome for recording. Because of it's smaller body, you dont get the boom-i-ness, and the action is amazing. Even though the body is slim, it generates a good level of sound. A nice crisp sound, almost twelve string like when CAPOd higher up the neck.

There is so much anal snobiness about how much you pay for a guitar. My sons friend purchased a Tanglewood at the same time (3 times as much in cost) and the Lindo was far more pleasing to play. Defo whack new medium to light gauge strings on straight away and it'll sing in your hands!

Not sure I'd ever use the locking nuts but a nice thoughful feature.

Worth every penny. I'm gonna sell my Ibanez and get one of these for myself - although my son tells me I'm not allowed black.

It came well packaged with a bunch of extras. Only downside is the extras, they are really cheap - the capo broke almost immediately, and the strings come in poly bag without any indication which string is which (maybe not great for a beginner.) You will also need a sturdier bag than the one provided - but the value for the guitar alone is awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guitar!, 28 Sep 2012
Mr. P. Stubbs (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a fantastic guitar, it sounds as good as it looks. It is very nice to play, would be very good for beginners, or anyone really as it plays so beautifully.

The tone of the guitar is nice and deep but also very resonant and melodic.

The service by this company is outstanding as well. (It arrived in 24hrs with spare strings, strap, plectrums, allen keys, etc)

Very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace!, 15 May 2012
Wow! I'm only a beginner player but wanted something a little smaller than the cheap guitar I had recently purchased. This guitar is slim, tidy, and sounds great! I haven't put it down since it arrived. Good contact with Lindo as well. I emailed them a few questions about the guitar and they emailed back quickly. Can't recommend it enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, 27 Sep 2012
I recently purchased this guitar, and was a bit concerned after ordering it. Very speedy delivery, once it arrived the 1st thing i did was tune it and play.... and WHAT A SOUND comes off it!! i thought for the price there maybe something off about it, but the note it gives it superb, the built in tuner works wonderfully and it looks fantastic which was the reason i bought it in the 1st place). I also have an electric guitar and a full acoustic but havent been able to put this guitar down. i would highly recommend this to any guitarist, at any level. its absolute joy to play and amazing value!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment after disappointment., 5 July 2013
I purchased this guitar way back in February. I had some problems early on(which I will detail) but I had a good communications with the company and decided at the time not to bother with a review. But it's just went from bad to worse really, so I felt as though I had to outline my experience, as there has been only good reviews for this product. In the interests of fairness I will start at the beginning.
First of all, I have been a musician for many years, and am fully aware that the price paid for this guitar meant I did not have unrealistic expectations. I wanted this guitar for my home studio and the ability to plug this directly into my soundcard via the preamp was my primary reason for the purchase. So it arrived , and the first thing I did was put the battery in and turn the tuner on. It wasn't working. It turned on, and powered up, but the tuner was faulty. I considered ignoring this, but reasoned to myself that, although this was a fairly cheap guitar, 160 quid was still a lot of money and decided to contact Lindo. As I said before the communication was very good (on the phone at least). They indicated to me to try another battery, which made sense, so I went and bought 2 new ones. They both returned the same problem. So James at Lindo said he would send me the required paperwork to return the guitar so they could fix it. He also said that he would slip a couple of batteries in the case free of charge for my trouble. He also said to me that they were moving premises 3 days from that day , and despite me voicing my concerns about this guitar getting there from the North of Scotland in that time, I was told that a 24 hour label meant exactly that. So send it I did.
Imagine my frustration as I tracked the item and saw it go further North to Inverness, Down the East of Scotland etc - you get the picture. The item arrived after they moved premises. Delivery failed and it was returned to me. To cut a long story short it took just short of 4 weeks for me to get my guitar back. In all fairness , with the fault fixed and is still working well. But no batteries in the case, which is obviously a small thing, but the principle still gnawed at me a little. I prefer people to say what they mean. But anyway - even after all this, I was still wary about putting a bad review on here. The people I spoke to were nice to me on the phone and after all, the premises thing could just be bad luck and bad timing. So I decided to say nothing.

However - Having not played the guitar too much in the last 4 months, I decided to give it another chance , and buy a new decent set of strings (the stuff that comes with this package, 2 sets of strings , capo etc are of the poorest quality imaginable, but again , in fairness , this was said in other reviews and wasn't such a big deal to me). Anyway, as I took the stings off , I could barely believe my eyes as the nut at the top of the neck (that holds the strings inside its grooves , fell off. Not glued , not even stuck on at all. Just fell off as soon as the strings failed to hold it in. Also the peg at the thick E string, that holds the strings in at the other end , was completely jammed in ("factory strung")and only after a total workout with pliers (with damage to the wood that it all sits on)finally managed to get it out.

I am fully aware that this is a mid-range guitar and if i wanted perfection I could've opted for the more well-known makes and models and spend another 1 or 200 pounds - but this was all I could afford at the time. The fact that this guitar is less easy to play, with a lower quality sound/depth/tone etc is perfectly acceptable to me. But it's the little things that disappoint with this guitar. Things that could so easily have been avoided. With hindsight I wish I had waited a little longer, saved up more money and went with a more reputable brand of guitar. We live and learn. It is not in my nature to write these kinds of reviews to be honest, and either the reviews on here are bogus , or my story is that of an unlucky one with a normally good company. I can only go on my own experience, and I will never be using this company again for anything. I had already decided that when my item returned back without batteries (it's the small things that matter to me. Can you tell? haha) - but when the true shoddiness of the guitar revealed itself to me after a restring , I felt like I had to share what happened to me.
If you are a total beginner - that's one thing. But if you have any experience with guitars, my advice is to stick to the companies that provide proven quality. This guitar looks shiny and of a certain quality, but take a closer look and it's, in my opinion quite poor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lindo ORG-SL guitar, 18 July 2014
Lord Jock (Isle of Skye Scotland) - See all my reviews
Hi there guitar lovers . At my age you would think i would know better . Im 61 and off I went and bought ANOTHER guitar .I currently own a Tele Delux dated 1974 A Strat a Guild Starfire 12 string a black les paul copy that I built myself and now a Left Handed Lindo ORG-SL .So what shall I say about the Lindo .Well it arrived on time and well packaged .With trembling hands I opened the box and held aloft my new acoustic electric guitar .It was out of tune so i went and got me tuner . No need for that I said to myself as there was no one else in the house at the time AND the guitar has it's own tuner / capo /set of strings / Strap / piece of string / lead with angled plug .Inserting the battery I quickly tuned it up and played and played and played .I played it in the living room , I played it in the bedroom , I played it in the bathroom and I took it outside and played it in the garden .I have hardly put it down since it arrived .Its very well made I particularly like the binding on the neck and the body . no buzzing no fret noise the neck is set right and for a slim guitar it has a lovely deep tone .It is so light it is a joy to have it strapped on .Bending the strings is easy , most acoustics dont like the strings being bent .Like the advert says it's like playing an electric . I am very very impressed .Well worth the money . It exceeded my expectations 10 fold .As a Guitar teacher I will have no hesitation in recommending a Lindo guitar . Thanks guys keep up the good work

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fabulous tone this guitar has ..., 2 Jan 2014
My wife bought this guitar for me for Xmas and having not played for many years due to having a basic guitar that was difficult to play, this guitar has resurrected my enthusiasm for playing, for the money this is a great guitar that has the nice touches often only associated with far more expensive models and whilst I may not be the best player around, I do appreciate the great sound this guitar delivers and the ease of playing .... thank you Lindo for a high quality and easy guitar to play.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pre-amp Guitar, 28 Mar 2013
not a bad guitar for a first time user. I would suggest changing the strings straight away otherwise you will find yourself tuning it every other time you use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Jun 2014
Came within 24 hours. Looks great qnd souns brilliant. Some reviews say to change the strings as the ones that come with it are cheap but they sounded ok SO I went and put on better ones anyway and did notice a difference in sound. The capo I haave not used I have a fav one already and the strap and extras also are sitting doing nothing. I wanted a slim nice looking and sounding guitar and thats what I got plus the in built tuner and pre amp work great. Im very happy with this purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Lindo ORG-SL guitar, 15 May 2014
Real good service I ordered this item it was delivered before date. Really pleased with packing, would recommend this guitar to anyone. As a begginer I found it nice to handle the built in tuner is really handy. With the pre amp sounds good through a mixer amp fantastic for the money loads of extras brill