on 23 July 2007
This advert said 'buy new'! The battery I received was old, faded and very second hand and has less charge retention than the old one I was replacing! I've left two answer phone messages requesting a refund; I will leave a review to say whether anyone gets back to me to deal with this problem.
33 comments|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 August 2010
I totally agree with Mr Charles Abbott. Such a disappointment indeed : the battery does not last more than 24 hours. But the seller sent me another one which works great. I have been looking for info about those batteries and in fact, as soon as they are manufactured, their capacity declines. You don't know
how long it's going to last since you don't know exactly when it was manufactured. A kinda lottery indeed ! Anyway, thanks to the seller, he's HONEST.
on 23 July 2012
Nothing on the Amazon page to suggest these were not new. Indeed they advertise it as " providing 1020mAh of power for extended use".

I was looking for a battery to replace the original one from a four or five year old phone which still works but doesn't last as long as it used to.

The battery from fonewearsales could not even be recognised when I put it in the phone and tried charging. Totally useless. Looking at the battery it appears used from the marks on it and a quick search on google shows I am by no means the first to have been sent a used battery. I am still waiting for a reply after asking for a full refund.

This is unacceptable for Amazon as I trust their name and have never had problems before buying from their partners. I suggest anyone else looking for a replacement phone battery look elsewhere as there is a very good chance that you will get something in no better condition that the old battery you want to replace.
on 31 August 2009
First battery delivered I was unable to charge. The replacement battery charged BUT very poor battery life. Question also whether genuine Nokia product.
on 10 May 2010
I purchased this battery to replace the original supplied with my Nokia mobile 'phone. The new battery seems to have a very poor capacity, requiring re-charging after about 24 hours on stand-by with little use to make calls or to send texts. Not recommended.
on 15 March 2010
This battery is about as good as the one I was replacing which was about 3 years old. The new battery only holds it's charge for about 24 hours, and loses it's power at an alarming rate. I will never use Amazon for a replacement battery again.
on 14 September 2010
I had a 6600 fold Nokia mobile phone that became unreliable: turning itself off, failing to register the sim card and claiming the battery was empty within minutes of it being charged. This replacement battery appears to have solved all the problems, but I have one concern, namely that there is no hologram sticker on the battery I received. Still, it seems to be doing the job.
on 7 February 2011
Much cheaper than std Nokia battery from Nokia, delivered quickly, and it works - keeps my Nokia 2670 going for at least 3 days, which is at least as good as its original battery when bought new.

However, it is a generic battery I think, no hologram - that in itself is fine (as I said, it works well) though I'm mildly grumpy that I was sold it with a picture of a hologram Nokia-branded battery - that may be the fault of Amazon's website, though I have better things to do than find out.
on 17 May 2011
My comments about this battery are basically the same has many others that I've read since purchasing, it is rubbish the battery that it should have replaced holds it's charge longer than the new one.

The battery Nokia BP-6M arrived with the same markings as the original but without the Nokia Hologram.

Stay clear of this item.
on 18 April 2011
I can see many people have had the same problems with this company "Gomemory,"the battery I was sent was a counterfeit product which was worse than the one I was replacing and only held a charge for a couple of hours. ( good job I didn't bin the old one) I always rated "Amozon" very highly as a company to deal with but If this is the type of organization they allow to use the site I would have to think twice about using Amozon in future