5.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser quality at a bargain price

UPDATE: I contacted Amazon who have sent me a replacement

Published 8 months ago by Rosalie_M

5.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser quality at a bargain price, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Sennheiser MX 375 In-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
These earphones give a well balanced, fairly neutral sound, are comfortable and are extremely enjoyable to listen to. My only quibble would be the thin, microphonic cable, but for this price that isn't going to change. I have been listening to a variety of music and have been surprised at how well they play full scale classical and opera, something which most headphones, let alone earphones, do well. I write this as an owner of a pair of HD-25 Aluminium and HD-650 headphones.

As a result of buying the MX 375s I have now dedicated an iPod to classical and opera, music which traditionally I have always left to home listening on my hifi. Having Wagner on the move is fantastic!

Overall, a very pleasant surprise, so much so I have bought another 3 pairs to make sure I have a pair of these for listening for many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really worth buying, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Sennheiser MX 375 In-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
These really are amazing earphones at such a reasonable price! From reading some of the other reviews I wasn't expecting them to be nearly as good as they actually are. Some of the reviews mentioned these were too big or uncomfortable and I have to disagree, they easily fit into my ears (which are quite small) and once in I couldn't feel them at all. Even if you do find them slightly uncomfortable they come with little covers. I've only ever had Apple earphones or cheaper branded ones and the difference in sound quality is amazing. They make songs sound so much better and clearer. On full they are very loud without impacting sound quality lots. I also really liked the little bag they come with. The only downside I can really think of is the plastic on the actual earphones can look a little cheap but I wouldn't see this as a reason not to buy them. I would strongly recommend you buy them, especially at such a cheap price, however if you're looking for something slightly more expensive I can also recommend the mx 471s as my sister has them and really likes them.

5.0 out of 5 stars great sound, 25 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sennheiser MX 375 In-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
I used to buy Sony, but these sennheisers are awesome in sound and feel nice in the ears. I normally use the ear pads for comfort and sound, they are not needed with these earphones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set of earphones, excellent if you consider the price., 24 Nov 2014
Mr. J. Covey-crump (Bristol) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser MX 375 In-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
These score 5 if considering the the price, 4 as a comparision with other headphones.

The quality is good, with a fairly faithful bass reproduction, but not over played unlike many of these type of headphones. These sit in the ear (ear buds) rather than slotting into the ear (canal type). This has all the cons... more likely to fall out, less external noise suppression, more noise leaks out. And all the benefits... less extraction of ear wax, more comfortable to wear.

Personnally I prefer this type, but sadly there are less options than the canal type, but I'm pleased with these. Of course they can't replicate the sound from full sized close (cover the ear) headphones, but much easier to carry around!

Cable is a little thin, which raises questions of their long term robustness. No inline volume control (not a problem for me) and these are just headphones, no mic or buttons, and so has a standard 3.5mm stereo jack.

Comes with handy pouch, and foam covers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best earphones I've ever had, 5 Oct 2014
This review is from: Sennheiser MX 375 In-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
The sound quality is really good for what they are. Think about it, they're £10 ear bud style earphones. Usually they're tinny and terrible. These are, granted, not going to make the floor shake but there is actually a frequency which I would class as bass with these earphones and at £10 I did not expect that. I hate ear canal style earphones so these are perfect for me. Yes, they block almost no external noise and leak a fair bit of noise, but seriously, if the sound leakage is a problem on a bus or a train, you are damaging your ears and if you're in a library you don't need the volume that high anyway. On top of that I like to know what's going on around me so I prefer the feeling of having music playing on top of external noises. They look good and they haven't broken after a few months. There are no downsides to these earphones for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best thing about these phones is the sound- it is ..., 4 Nov 2014
This review is from: Sennheiser MX 375 In-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
Please consider this rating as 3.5 stars.

The best thing about these phones is the sound- it is the best I've experienced in over 30 years of using this type of earphone.

That said one of the pads tore whilst trying to fit them, something I've done countless times over the years without prior incident. The opening is too small, and I was just lucky I'd bought some non Sennheiser spares at the time of purchasing these. Fitting the spares to these phones, and three other sets, did not result in any further tearing!

The shape / molding is also a concern for me as after about 30 mins wear my ears ache somewhat. Also the wire is a tad wispy in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars MX 375 non in-ear earphones, 5 Dec 2014
This review is from: Sennheiser MX 375 In-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
First of all I am into music but I can’t call myself audiophile. All my albums etc are either in FLAC or 320 KBPS MP3 format and getting a good sound is my priority and although they are not liked much; Non-in ear earphones are fine with me. I am using this with a Philips MIIX MP3 player and with my Lumia 630. At home with my laptop with Dolby Sound Enhancer.

I have been using Sennheiser non-in ear earphones for like 7 years. Mostly MX series but I also have CX 685 and PX 100-II as well. I am not going to compare 375 with those since they are made of completely different structures (on ear/in ear). I can only compare them with Apple Earpods (Iphone 5c headset earpods) and my previous MX series earphones.

Sound:
MX 375 is a larger model than MX 360 and MX 470. Sennheiser put a larger than usual drivers on this model to deliver extra bass. Result is good; it’s a bargain for this price! Bass is better than my previous MX 360’s and MX 470’s. And even from Apple Earpods! Still it’s not a deep bass of an over the ear but since it’s not on or over ear headphone, current bass and treble levels are ok and seriously more than adequate for my taste. Time to time it makes me think that mids are a bit behind when I compare it to my Apple Earpods but I think MX 375 is slightly better than my Apple Earpods.

Isolation:
It blocks some of the noise from outside. But since it’s not an in-ear model you can’t expect a serious isolation. However unlike apple earpods, it blocks some of the noises due to position and size of the drivers I guess. Drivers are are big and if you put earpads on as mentioned on the box you end up both with a good isolation and a good bass response levels. People next to you might hear some leakage if you tend to listen your music loud. But music must be loud, I only had a trouble only once in the office but that was loud even for me!

Build:
It looks really stylish, I really liked the design. They are not small earphones like MX 370 or MX 470’s, they are big. Both the outer body and the drivers are larger than usual. Drivers might hurt your ear a bit due to their large size (I have average ears I guess) but it’s just a bit at first few times, then I got used to their size. It’s not a big deal if your ears are at average size I believe. And they are comfortable to wear for at least 2 hours or maybe even more. The cable looks a bit thin but the jack is well built, I expect these to last at least a year so I’ll see. I haven’t had the mentioned breakage of the earpads while putting them on. It just took 5 mins and I was good to go.

Overall I believe this model is a bargain. Sounds good and build is also good. Just the big drivers might be a slight issue for small ears but as I said above not a problem for me. I am comfortable with them. Recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars only lasted a month and a half and UPDATE, 25 April 2014
UPDATE: I contacted Amazon who have sent me a replacement

I brought these earphones because i heard sennheiser were a good brand, i was very satisfied with the earphones until last night when the sound went from the left ear and today the right one went too, I wasn't expecting £15 earphones to only last a month and a half, i did take adequate care of them and always neatly folded them into their included pouch when not in use. I've contacted sennheiser about their 2 year warranty so hopefully they will replace them, watch this spaCE

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Jun 2014
dalek78 (Sheffield, S.Yorks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser MX 375 In-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
I had to buy a new set of earphones at short notice last year, and opted for these, as a general fan of Sennheiser for sound and quality. The sound is good, though the additional bass they promise is minimal. However my main gripe with these is the comfort - or lack of.

They're hard and uncomfortable and they've started to rattle and vibrate a bit with higher or lower notes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional ear phones with just one major flaw., 29 Oct 2014
This review is from: Sennheiser MX 375 In-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
The audio quality is about what you would expect from a Sennheiser Ear Phone, meaning its quite good and better than 90% of the ear phones in the market. However, the diameter of the ear phones is larger than a comfortable size. I often found myself with ear ache after using them for 10-15 minutes. Still for the price and quality, if this works for you, you can't go wrong with it.

Sennheiser MX 375 In-Ear Headphones - Black