VINE VOICEon 10 February 2014
This is the 3rd supposedly GENUINE SAMSUNG HANDS FREE headset that I have purchased on line and they have all been fakes!

There are two dead give aways that have applied to all 3 of them:

1. The audio level and quality is crap. The levels are several DB down on the genuine for the same volume setting and the quality is very tinny.

2. Take a look at the point where the cable from the plug separates in to the two wires for each earpiece. In the originals (and I have checked) the cables have a rounded emergence point where as in the pirates they appear about 1.5mm apart from a squared off end.

It is worth noting that the earbuds on these are not white as shown but are a murky, semi-transparent grey in colour.

I know you get what you pay for but, as genuine SAMSUNG earphones don't seem available, it seems that there's nothing stopping anyone calling any old piece of s*** genuine and selling it as such.
I suspect that they know 99% of people are simply going to bin the things rather than waste time going out to send the rubbish back.
Not good.
on 25 October 2013
really a big fan of the samsung headphones, ive had a good 15 pairs of these and all worked perfectly for a few months each so i ran out, ordered 2 pairs of these and they arrived within 2 days which impressed me a lot. however on both pairs the left speaker has a very bad echo and has no bass or treble, it just sounds really bad, too bad as i really wanted to order a few more pairs if they worked as it was a good price.
on 24 July 2012
if i want to use the handsfree kit..i have to plug few times before it connects and then the sound isn't that good.
on 8 October 2013
Purchased samsung S2 earphones in June 2013. Item arrived on time and I was very happy with product. Plugged earphones in today 08/10/2013 and one ear has stopped working! Product life span of 4 months?!?! Not a happy bunny :-(
on 15 October 2012
I ordered this product and was not happy with the qaulity of the sound or the fact the button did not work. I left feed back regarding this and with in a couple of hours the seller contacted me saying they were sorry and would replace the ear phones. They only requested that i return the first set in a prepaid envelope that they would supply. I was very impressed by this as i had not bothered to contact them, which i should have done before leaving feed back. Just got to try the new ones when they arrive. Impressed by the service.
on 18 October 2013
Was all good - until I tried to play music through them. What the f...ound they had absolutely no bass whatsoever, very tinny-sounding and an odd 'crackling' thing going on. My wife and son both tried them in different devices with the same result.
I in fact own a pair of the very same, which were boxed with my Galaxy Player 5.0.
These in my humble opinion, are NOT original Sammys, but a facsimilie thereof.
The main cord length (before it splits for the earpieces) on mine is noticeably THICKER than the pair received.
For £2.52, I'm not returning, just binning them - have been in my ears anyway.
I will just call it quits and give them a total thumbs down.
on 21 July 2013
This is just like the one that came with my phone. Just what I expected.
It is highly recommended to anyone who wants a Samsung hands free headset.
on 27 January 2014
I'm not sure that these are genuine samsung. The right and left markings on each earpiece are wrongly labeled, the gromits holding the wires into each earpiece are loose and a couple of weeks after buying them the left earpiece has stopped working completely and the button on the wire doesn't seem to fulfill any function. These are not of the same quality as my orginal samsung headset.
on 17 February 2014
These headphones are truly awful. I have seen better headphones from a pound shop. DON'T ignore the negative reviews for these headphones like I did. The sound is very muffled, it's actually impossible to listen to music with these. I am very annoyed that the seller has the audacity to actually market these as genuine headphones. Waste of time and money!
on 11 June 2014
Unfortunately, I bought these for my boyfriend to use with his Nokia mobile phone and they're incompatible. The phone doesn't recognise them, so just be sure your phone will accept them before you purchase. They work fine with my iPhone.

They arrived quickly though, and quality is fine, so nothing wrong with the product, per se. I don't think I'd buy another phone set that fits into the ear, however, because it blocks the sound of everything else out and I found myself too distracted by the muted sound of my voice being muffled in my head. Think I prefer those that don't close out all surrounding sound for phone calls. I use earphones like this for music but for a phone call it feels a bit weird.

See one answered question