5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DMC - FT20EB-D
Published on 10 Oct. 2012 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally disappointed
Published on 23 Feb. 2013 by LAH1

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DMC - FT20EB-D, 10 Oct. 2012
I purchased the Lumix Panasonic on the recommendation of the previous reviewers. I can honestly say as cameras go its a really nice piece of equipment. I purchased the unit because of its unique ability to be dust proof, water proof and shock proof, okay to a certain height, but in that case I have no intention of going abseiling. As an archaeologist, I've already broken my old camera a Samsung, which sadly to say was not dust or water proof and died in the last rain storm. This camera however has proven itself to be a winner, I've mislaid it once on site already, overnight in a rain storm amongst the mud, only to find it the next morning thanks to its garish colour. The unit worked straight away after cleaning the lens and body. The only issue I can find with this unit is to ensure the lens is clean prior to taking any images, sounds simple enough but some images do show the specks of dust on a larger screen. Also watch the intelligent focus, while a nice piece of technology, it can focus on the wrong subject. I would recommend this unit to anyone out doorsy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally disappointed, 23 Feb. 2013
Being a keen photographer - one piece of kit I didnt have was an underwater camera. Having spent weeks researching cameras capable of going up to 5m underwater, I opted to put this camera to the test a few weeks later on holiday to Eygpt where I was both diving and snorkling. I checked the camera over prior to going out on my first boat trip where I was snorkelling. Sadly first try and the camera stopped working after one picture. I checked the camera over when I got back to the hotel and it had leaked - totally dead. Sadly no pictures underwater from this holiday. Luckily I took my Canon SLR and got some beautiful shots albeit out of the water.
I contacted Amazon on my return from holiday and no questions asked refunded me in full. Makes me wonder if this is because of the amount of returns on this camera? or purely Amazons excellent returns/refund policy

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 23 Jun. 2013
This camera was purchased for use on a cruise across the Pacific Ocean. Unfortunately, it failed to operate after it's first immersion in the sea. Since this was a once in a lifetime holiday, visiting many islands with wonderful snorkelling opportunities, it was very upsetting not to have a camera with which to capture underwater memories.

Amazon refunded the purchase without a problem on return from the trip but were, of course, unable to replace the opportunity to take the underwater photos! Very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for work purposese and it did the job well., 15 April 2013
P. Mckelvey "PhillM" (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this (in fact a number of these for work purposes) need a dust and shock proof camera that zoomed without the lens extending. They work well in some pretty rough conditions. Good product at a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 12 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Panasonic DMC-FT20EB-R Rugged Camera with LEICA Lens and HD Movie - Red (16.1MP, 4x Optical Zoom) (Electronics)
This camera was exactly what I wanted and it did everything asked of it. The video and sound were very good underwater and switching between taking pictures and video was very easy, even underwater.
Very easy to use, I probably didn't use half of what it can do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera, 5 July 2012
I had to write a review about this camera as we are very pleased with it. I went to florida with my husband and 2 kids. In short the camera was easy to use, took very good quaity photos both in & out of water and the shutter speed was brillant ensuring that when a quick photo was required we got the picture.

We are not proffesional photographers and therefore I can not say whether this would be a good for a pro but for holiday snaps its perfect, the camera is light and compact it fitted into our pockets comfortably, my husband was able to use the camera with just one hand and get good photos. Also the camerma has an intelligent mode which helps taking the excellent photo as am I not good with cameras :)

The down side is that we found the battery would be low on power after around 4 hours of shooting and reviewing photos (not sure if this is the normal for digital cameras), the screen is not the biggest but we found it ok and for photos under water you need to be a bit further away for your subject which took a bit of trail and error to judge.

In all for the money we paid, it was brilliant and would recommend this for people who want a realiable camera for holidays etc where water will feature whether it be rain or swimming pool (we did not try it in the sea and we only used it in water depths of 5 foot deep)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 20 Dec. 2012
Smart automatic exposuring, good lens, takes hits and water with a smile. Get a spare battery or two if U plan to shoot in temps below freezing, one battery drains fast. Good pics with a low price tag.
Red camera is easy to find in a snow bank.
I only wish there were a sliding lens cover.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose very poor service from Magicdiscounts, 30 July 2013
S. Wilson - See all my reviews
I have had this camera less than 3 months and so far it has developed 2 faults. I purchased it from Magicdiscounts who refuse to refund me the £6.95 it costs to send it to be repaired and they refuse to refund my money even though I have explained that the camera isn't fit for purpose or of a satisfactory quality under the Sale of Goods Act.

I will no longer be buying electronic items on Amazon as if anything goes wrong with them it is expensive to send them away to be repaired. At least if I bought in the High Street I could just return it to the shop without incurring any postage/insurance/packaging/printing charges.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing camera, 1 July 2012
As expected from Panasonic, this is an amazing product. I bought this camera to take on holiday and the pictures are very good, which is expected as it is a 16 megapixel camera. The video recording is also very good with the 720hp HD Movie function. There are other cameras on the market which have a higher HD recording, but the overall spec of the DMC-FT20 made me buy this camera. After using the camera on holiday the major plus is the waterproof element, which is amazing either for photos or for videoing. Because of this I would highly recommend this camera and I have to give it 5 out of 5 for ease of use and results. The only technical spec I cannot comment on is the shock proofing or the dust and sand protection, but I am sure this camera will live up to these specifications.

5.0 out of 5 stars panasonic dmc-ft20, 19 July 2013
bought this camera to take to egypt to take pics and video of fishes whilst snorkelling and i m really impressed with the quality of pics and video it is amazing, also for taking normal pics. wow what a camera exceeded my expectations i highly recommend it