4.0 out of 5 stars BTTF and Point 'n' Click Adventure Fans will love this!, 5 May 2012
This review is from: Back to the Future: The Game (Wii) (Video Game)
Anyone who loves the Back to The Future Trilogy films and point 'n' click adventure games like the Monkey Island series on the PC should play this game. Ok, this port of the downloadable episodic PC games is a poor port to the Wii, to put it mildly. The game has been 'downgraded' in terms of graphics so that it can be played on the Wii. The loading screens take too long and the animation can be jerky at times, and the controls (point with the WiiMote and press 'A' to confirm action) can be impossible at times. Some of the puzzles required to progress the story take quite a bit of imagination, and some just leave you thinking 'How the hell was I supposed to know that without using a hint?'. But those are the only bad points in the game, the story is brilliant and that's one of the most important things about a point 'n' click adventure game. It's classic BTTF time travel paradox problems that have to be resolved or Marty's (the character you control) existence will dissapear forever altering the future timeline and ripping a massive hole in the fabric of the Universe (y'know, typical BTTF stuff!). The game is set in 1986, 6 months after the events in the third film, with an all new storyline that weaves into the existing story. I would say the storyline is the strongest aspect to this game, and does the whole BTTF franchise a great fan service.

I usually play a game for a couple of hours before I need a break, but I didn't move from my seat until I had finished the first episode (About time), as I wanted to see how the story unravelled and came to a conclusion, and, ultimately led onto the next episode. I've done my best to explain the essesnce of this game, without giving away any spoilers, because to do that would ruin your experience of the game for your first playthrough. If you like point 'n' click adventures and BTTF films, you should buy this in a heart beat, everyone else should stay clear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice game shame about the glitches..., 16 May 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Back to the Future: The Game (Wii) (Video Game)
I loooove BTTF being of that era and growing up as a kid watching it, so I had to buy it. Since I don't have a PS3 or a good computer I got it on the wii.
I thought it was a really good game, the story was true to the films and made sense.
I found like the other reviewer that it does draw you in and found i was spending longer than expected playing through it. The hints system was really useful, as I didnt have to keep running to my PC for a walkthrough as some things were a little "what how was I supposed to figure that out" Not quite on the same scale as Monkey Island but enough to annoy me, but not a lot.
My only problems with it was that the loading times for cutscenes was a bit slow, and the movements were difficult to get used to. Also Officer Parker's head disappeared, well I say disappeared, what I mean was it was like play doh and stretched across the screen. Actually that was quite funny. The ending was hilarious, and kinda stupid, but it was okay.
I dont think I'd play it again but for 15 it was well worth the money and some of the stuff they say just takes you back to the films, also a nice cameo from Michael J Fox, and the guy who does the voice of Marty was really talented.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Scott! - Good, if a little flawed, 16 Jun 2012
Mr. J. Driver - See all my reviews
This review is from: Back to the Future: The Game (Wii) (Video Game)
If you were around to see all the films when they originally came out then you'll be pleased at the nostalgia and memories this brings back. It takes place after the last movie, but retains true to the films in pretty much every way, and has plenty of in-jokes that catch you by pleasant surprise.

The graphics are nearly as good as you can expect from the wii, though I have seen wii games which are slightly better, but for this game it's not an issue - it makes up for it with humor, story, voice acting, logical puzzles - all of which are excellent.

There's some minor niggles, such as some lagging of frame rates and pauses between cutscenes. This appears to be down to some sloppy development as I've seen some graphically superior wii games without these problems. There's also been a couple of glitches, such as one of Doc's eyes disappearing mid-scene. Finally, the controls could be a little better. It would be nice be able to quickly navigate through selections using the D-pad instead of relying on the cursor as it would be quicker!. Finally, the general movement controls can be a little tricky as the camera angle changes, meaning you can nadvertently send your character in the wrong direction.

The problems don't detract from the enjoyment too much, it's still very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars 88mph, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Back to the Future: The Game (Wii) (Video Game)
Back to the future is a great point and click nostalgia trip for any fan of the franchise but sadly let down by clunky controls and awkward pauses during cutscenes. it must be said though that if you enjoy the films and these type of games then its weaknesses can easily be forgiven as the game is still playable. maybe just a little patience needed. maybe doc can one day go back in time and fix the small problems that stop the game from recieving top star billing

5.0 out of 5 stars Geat value, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Back to the Future: The Game (Wii) (Video Game)
I bought this for my daughter for Xmas as it wa sun available anywhere else it was fast service and excellent condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much a BTTF 4 - But does it work on the Wii?, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Back to the Future: The Game (Wii) (Video Game)
The short answer, to me at least, is yes...OH JESUS YES!! It's such a good game, perfect for people who are fans of the films. Micheal J Fox returns as Marty and Christopher Lloyd returns as Doctor Emmet Brown. This game can be summed up in 3 eras:

1) The present (or should that be the past?) the 1980s (in specific 1986, set just months after the Deloren got smashed by the train at the end of BTTF 3).
2) 1930s (which gets visited quite a lot)
3) Alternate 1986

It's spread over the course of 5 episodes, which easily go by fast enough once you know what your doing. It's a point and click adventure game which, just like others of the genre, you go through asking questions and using items in your inventory to figure out several problems.

The plus points:
The locations are beautifully done, especially the alternate 1986. The script, as it was written with the help of the original directors, works so well. You can tell it's a Back To The Future game, the characters speak just how you'd expect. The characters themselves, from the Doc and Marty to Biff and then the ones from the 30s like young Emmet, Edna and Trixie Trotter and Artie McFly and the alternate 86 version of Lorraine, George and Jennifer all work so well. This is game that just sucks you in and never lets you go till your finished.

If I am doing plus points I guess I have to do the minus points. Having only played the Wii version then I can only remark on that version:
The load times between scenes are way way too long. It felt as if, every time I figured out the next piece of the puzzle the screen went black and I was stuck watching the flux capacitor flashing in the corner (ok so that doesn't make sense till you realise that's the load screen between scenes.) I didn't mind it at first but when you get to episode 3 or 4 and it feels like every 2/3 minutes you get another, it can get very jarring. On a similar note as this is the end credits of EVERY episode of the game. This wouldn't be so bad if you could skip them but your forced to watch them all, EVERY time. This is quite possibly just a bug bear of mind and more nitpicking but still, you should know about it really. I include in this as well, the constant beginning of every episode being the exact same screen (Deloren alone in Pine Mall) and having to select the same options every time. Again, am sure a lot of people can ignore this and to an extent so can i. Just the little things that mess up an otherwise fun great game. HOWEVER, the biggest one for me? The controls on the Wii...they are shocking! Every time you move Marty (to which you use the d-pad), you could be moving down the screen then it changes to another angle and, your now going left rather than down which makes no sense! Then comes the way your choosing what your going to be saying next, which would make more sense if it was the d-pad that you moved up and down and then press A but NO! They had to make use of the Wii controller didn't they? So, instead, you have to select the answer using the controller and selecting it. Anybody with a Wii will know what am getting at here, I can't explain it but, its very fiddly and annoying.

So overall, is it a good game? A resounding YES from me, and am sure many other Back To The Future fans would also agree. Does it work on the Wii? Hmmm yes and no is the truth of the matter. Other than the long load times and the slightly worse for wear controls then yes it does. 4/5 (or if I could, 8/10) from me...definitely highly recommended, especially if your a Back To The Future fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game like BTTF Part IV, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Back to the Future: The Game (Wii) (Video Game)
If you love the trilogy get this. Great Game Excellent fun. One of the best wii games I have played

4.0 out of 5 stars BTTF, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Back to the Future: The Game (Wii) (Video Game)
Love the films and thought I'd try the game out! Not a bad game, not film based which is a shame as that was what I was hoping for, but many series in which involve similar tales and events!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great game,but should have stay on the PC, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Back to the Future: The Game (Wii) (Video Game)
I am a huge Back to the future fan and when I heard that a BTTF game was being made I started to jump on bed and cheering like a five year old. This game was released for the PC first then later brought out for the home consoles later, I bought the Wii version
and when it arrived I instantly popped it in and started to play it.

My first thought on this game is that the story is brilliant, worthy of the Back To The Future Title. The graphics are basic that is to be expected as it was designed for the pc. The voice acting is superb with Christopher Lloyd reprising his role as Dr . Emmett Brown and A.J. Locascio taking Michael J. Fox's old role as Marty McFly.Michael J. Fox returns to the franchise taking on the roles of Willie McFly (Marty's great grandfather) and futher Marty.

The game play is good, not great but good but this is due to it being a basic point and click game most of the time.

There are problem with this game and that is that they put no effort into converting it to a home console format.
Like I mentioned before it is meanly a point and click game and as you progress through each episode it tens to frizz wile trying to get to the next part of the story.

Another thing that annoys me is that they have kept the episode layout of the pc game , this was acceptable on the pc because it aloud them to put more development into the game and release each part through out the year but with the home console game this is not acceptable as you have to go back to the main menu to click on a new episode link in order to access the next part of the story instead of just progressing to the a next level like a normal video game. This can make the game seam like five completely different games on one disc, instead of one in the same story and game.

I would recommend this game if your a Back To The Future fan and want to know the next part of the BTTF story, but I have no recommendation for if your a gamer and want hours of entertainment as I mentioned before it's just a point and click game and can get very dreary over time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the Future Wii Game, 27 Feb 2013
Mrs. C. E. Stokes-Eadie (Leicestershire, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Back to the Future: The Game (Wii) (Video Game)
Great fun for all ages and abilities. Good graphics etc ..... .... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .... ...

Back to the Future: The Game (Wii)
Back to the Future: The Game (Wii) by Deep Silver (Nintendo Wii)
13.49