4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice
Was looking for not expensive and reliable headset to use with my iPhone4 in gym and while riding bicycle.
Took into consideration MMElectronics M6P, A-Jays4, sennheiser c680i( which is way more expensive)
Published on 24 Mar 2012 by Oleg

2.0 out of 5 stars No great shakes for the price
When I bought these from Amazon, I thought they were the same as the JVC HAFX1X earphones my daughter had bought recently, but with a mic for speaking which I wanted. How wrong I was. The wires are very thin compared with the HAFX1X, and the resulting sound is quite toneless. I had bought a lot cheaper earphones from Maplins that were better than these.
Don't touch...
Published on 31 Aug 2012 by Andy Cleeter

2.0 out of 5 stars No great shakes for the price, 31 Aug 2012
This review is from: JVC Xtreme Xplosives Headphones with Remote and Mic - Violet (Electronics)
Don't touch these phones with a barge pole, go for the HAFX1X that are virtually the same price and better than twice as good. I'd rather have good listening than the convenience of talking without moving my phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice, 24 Mar 2012
However after reading user review and opinion could not make my choice as there were people who either said "headphones are great" and "headphones are mess", when found new, recently announced HA-FR201 .
I'm not an audiophile and never had expensive headphones which I don't think you have to buy for gym, but JVC sounds very good with deep bass. They are quite comfortable and mic button is very soft, however I don't think it will pushes by itself neither you can press it ocassionally.
Cable is not so thick as it may looks on the picture, but looks strong enough.Straight 3.5 mm jack could be angled for better fit with iPhone.
There is short cable adaptor to use with android devices. Unfortubatelly they don't include carriage case anymore, probably to keep low price.
After two 2.5 hrs bicycle ride JVC feels very conmfortable in my ears, however you have to choose eartips carefully. I wish they had foam tips as well.
For money I paid, I don't think there is any better choice for my needs. I give 4 stars only because they don't supply carriage pouch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but may not be the best for you!, 16 Aug 2012
I'm quite a fan of JVC headphone's as I've owned many pair's. Before buying these I owned a pair of JVC HAFX1X's which I bought back in May 2011. After using them for a good 7/8 hour's each day they finally died on me. I decided to try out these headphone's to see if they were any good.

These headphone's are great, great sound, great price, a nice remote feature with a mic which works with my Android phone; however there's one slight issue. The build quality has nothing on the pair of JVC HAFX1X's I owned previously.

Both headphone's are similar in price and quite cheap compared to other's on the market and they both have good features and great sound, but it's up to you which pair is best.

If you're looking for a pair of headphone's with great sound, a great price and a remote + mic feature, these are perfect for you.

However, If you're looking for a pair of headphone's with great sound, a great price alongside brilliant built quality, go for these JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones!

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS GOOD AS I EXPECTED AFTER THE AMAZING JVC HAFX1X, 22 May 2012
hi there and thanks for reading my mini review on the new jvc xplosive hafr201

i will be comparing them to the previous model in ear xplosives the hafx1x which can be bought for about the same price and which i believe are the superior headphone for several reasons

amazon provided a great service and they were delivered promptly but i will be sending them back the same day due to them not being as good as the earlier hafx1x model infact everything that was great about the previous model has been taken away and replaced by a mic and music control button

let me start with the box contents and how the headphones look compared to the previous model

straight away as soon as you get the headphones you will notice that the cable is much much thinner then the previous model and even the jvc logo that holds the cable together feels cheaper and doesnt look as good or robust . The cable is at least half the thickness of the previous model and doesnt have as much anti tangle property to it , the cable difference can be seen without even opening the box and was the 1st sign these wernt going to be as good and that jvc havent carried the brand on properly .

when opening the packaging which i might add hasnt got better since the originals (its a nightmare to open)you will also notice no case or carry pouch which is a shame as the previous model came with a great little hard case for your new headphones .

you will also notice that the headphones themselves are smaller then the originals this isnt your eyes tricking you this new model only packs 8.5mm drivers compared to the 10mm drivers on the original , the colouring also looks cheap compared to the originals when they are held next to them , so the design doesnt look as good with the colouring and thinner cable and the performance wont be the same because we have a new driver which is smaller then the originals

its also worth noting that the driver isnt just smaller but the frequency response of the headphones doesnt match the originals and neither does the sensitivity , the originals are capable of producing some great bass due to this where as the newer model just doesnt sound as good and this is probably due to the smaller 8.5mm driver and the reduced frequency response and sensitivity levels of the speaker

now amazon are advertising these as 10mm drivers which is completley wrong as the usa jvc website says they are 8.5mm so be warned before you buy them they wont sound as good as the originals and dont look as good , due to the thinner wire they also wont last as long as the originals

as you can probably tell iam a bit dissapointed at jvcs attempt at upgrading a great set of headphones and cant see why they have taken everything good about the originals and thrown them into the bin and replaced all of them with a mic and button

its worh noting that you can turn the originals into mic/remote button headsets by simply buying a headphone adapter with mic and button , ive used the originals like this for 1 year and it works great with my sgs2 handset i can awnswer calls and control my music through the adapter

these headphones might be ok if you havent experienced the originals but if you have then you will have loved the thick cord , the great build quality , the sound of the 10mm drivers , how handy the case can be and generally just how good they can be and will only be dissapointed if you purchase these

i havent even had mine a day but because i own the originals iam sending these ones back they dont feel like they will last and they dont sound as good

i recomend any perspective buyer of these to go for the original hafx1x by jvc and buy a adapter with mic and button , if you search amazon for ''iphone headphone mic adapter'' you will find loads , i believe belkin also make them as does griffin

the originals cost about the same and just offer a much better buy due to better build quality , looks , sound

due to how bad these are compared to the originals i can only give them 2 stars , i give them 2 stars because i suppose if you havent heard/seen the originals then you might not be as dissapointed as me with the purchase but i cant give them more because for the same price you can buy better headphones from the same company that will last you a lot longer

i hope you find that usefull and thanks for reading and happy shopping

please feel free to rate my review or leave a comment/question on this item

cheers

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely cheap quality and way over-priced headphones, 12 April 2013
Vsrose "v r" (uk) - See all my reviews
from the first day one or the other headphone was goin deaf and then suddenly working again. Now after just five uses one of the headphones has become permanently deaf (despite my careful and gentle use, after realising how frustrating it was to get both headphones working again). Not something i had expected for the money that was charged for this headphone. ps. I just hope that my one was a faulty product and not how the actual headphones perform.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad construction. Completely broke in a few weeks., 22 Sep 2014
I've had a few pairs of JVC headphones now, but these have been the only ones I felt strongly enough about to review.
When I first got the headphones I was really impressed at the bass from in-ear headphones. Sound quality was good and price was good.

Then about three weeks after buying, I took them out of my pocket to find that one side had snapped completely off. The actual speaker part had snapped off from the main body and was left hanging off with the wires hanging out. I hadn't mistreated them, I had only had them a few weeks and they broke. They broke because the actual speakers are more or less at a right-angle to the body.

I still have an older pair of similar JVC headphone (but the speaker is inline with the body) and they have survived 3 years without any damage at all but these couldn't even survive three weeks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, but awful build quality, 6 May 2014
A friend recommended these as I was looking for decent earphones to use with my phone and initial impressions were excellent for the price. The mic and remote worked brilliantly and the actual sound quality is good for the price. The fit wasn't perfect with any of the supplied caps but that's a personal thing and I can't really blame JVC for not fitting my ears exactly. The real problem though is that today, only two months after buying them, the left earphone conked out entirely and no amount of fiddling with it gets any more sound from it. Obviously I could just've got a dodgy pair but even for a tenner I can't recommend earphones that stop working after two months.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy the red ones, 2 Aug 2013
I have three pairs of the original Extreme Explosives and they are great. I purchased these purely for the color (my kids keep losing theirs & taking mine). Sadly they are not the same, they sound awful and lack the dynamics of the red ones. It's not just the in-line controls and color that are different, the profile is a slightly different shape than the originals.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Headphones, Bad Build, 7 Nov 2012
Richard J. Tubman "Richard Tubman" (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
Basically I really liked the headphones out of the box, the microphone was okay but still made that feature enjoyable to use, however within a week one of the headphones stopped working, so I no longer use them anymore, shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Headphones, 5 Jun 2012
Z. Herczeg (Sutton) - See all my reviews
I never write reviews but this time I decided to make an exception. I read the reviews before I bought this and I was a bit worried before I ordered them. I listen music about 8 ours a day at work so headphones are very important to me. I have gone through a lots of different ones but I have to say the JVC XX earphones are great! I have a pair of iBeats Solo HD headphones and they are great but I prefer this one as its just sounds better in my opinion. If you are looking for a reasonably priced and fantastic earphones dont hesitate to buy these as they are great!