on 5 March 2016
You have to love headphones with remotes and mics. They make life so much easier. And indeed fun. For example, the other day, I had gone for a walk in the park, to enjoy the sun. I had my headphones on, listening to Ultravox's classic album Lament. (Some people might not view Lament as a classic album, but for me, it was the last good Ultravox album, and it included the hit single Dancing with Tears in my eyes; a song which signalled the end of post-punk new wave's obsession with apocalypticism. I digress.)

Anyway, while I was listening to the album, my wife called me. First phone call taken using the new headphones! Joy! I had quite a chat with my wife, who was calling to tell me about some hilarious office antics at her workplace. I can't share that story here, as I must protect the innocent! Anyway, my wife's voice was a little bit quieter than the music I had been listening to, so I tried to up the volume using my headphone remote control facility. Disaster! I accidentally ended the call! How could this happen, you may ask? Was I a clumsy, fat-fingered oaf with little respect for the device or, indeed, his spouse? I say thee nay! It turns out that in an example of spectacular design oversight, the remote on this set of headphones cannot adjust the volume!

'No!' I hear you cry.

But it is the truth! You can pause and skip music, take and end calls... but you cannot adjust volume! What is the purpose then of this abominable piece of kit? What black-hearted misanthrope signed off on this design?

Anyway, I reestablished the call with my beautiful, if somewhat miffed, wife. But such was my confusion that whilst walking and talking, I missed my turning in the park, and had to double back. Picture, if you will, this: I appear, from a distance to be talking to myself while wandering in a confused state around a park filled with children and concerned parents!

So, if my face turns up on Crimewatch, I blame YOU, JVC. Yes. I. Blame. You.

Signed,
Disgruntled of Chorley.
review image
on 17 September 2013
I opened the product and tried it on. It wasn't the most comfortable of fits so I decided to send it back. I had second thoughts and decided to give them a try at the gym this morning. I should have stuck with my original feeling about them.
As I got in to my work out a little sweat and they kept on slipping out. I kept having to stop what i was doing to correct the positioning of them.
It is a shame because they do have a lovely depth of sound to them, Technically very good, Ergonomically, very disappointed.
on 30 July 2012
I bought these earphones for use with my HTC smartphone, because the set that came with it is poor quality, & the 'buds' kept falling out of my ears. The 'ear-hooks' with these earphones certainly do a good job of keeping them on my ears, although I'm not sure how comfortable they'll be for an extended period (I've only used them for about an hour in one go). The hooks can be adjusted according to the size of your ears, but I didn't need the adjustment myself. The cable used or the 'phones is unfortunately very thin, and tends to tangle quite easily. I'm not sure how durable it will be in the long-run, especially if you're in the habit of wrapping the cable around your phone when stored in your pocket, as I am.

The sound quality from the earphones is definitely an improvement on the HTC ones, but lack bass. Mid & high tones are clear however. The mic & other controls for the phone (skip tracks forward & back, pause, & answer & hangup phone) all worked perfectly with my phone, with callers able to clearly hear my speech. JVC provide an additional adapter cable which apparently may be require for certain phones (they don't specify which).

To sum up, I think the headphones are good value, especially if you're not too critical regarding sound-quality, & you use the earphones only occasionally as I do.
great value

nothing else in this price bracket comes close I use these for skating, skiing etc sound quality is fine for this
on 12 September 2013
These headphones cost me about £13. The first lot £50 the next £20.
These are more comfortable than either of the others and as the others broke (they get chucked in bags and sat on) these won't be such a pain in the wallet to replace.
Sound quality OK but needs more bass.
Cable is a bit thin and tangly.
Didn't notice the lack of volume control on the remote but what do I expect for the price??
Instead of a useless adapter (perhaps the connections inside are round the other way) I'd have split the cable so that you had a choice of 2 lengths.
Still pleased with this purchase
on 14 March 2014
These headphones are OK! The sound quality is quite good but the bass is below par but not awful. The clip is on the hand is good at keeping the headphones in your ears and you don't even feel the clips are there. These are all the positives but now for the negatives.

First of all, the main negative is how uncomfortable the speaker bit is. It has a raised part that just stabs the ear and can get quite painful after a while. The only solution is to buy a foam cover -- so it is a good investment because the foam cover really helps. The next negative is the fact that the headphones extremely that loud. My official samsung headphones are slightly more loud. You may ask why you need to the headphones to be loud. Well some videos on youtube are extremely quiet so you need loud headphones.

Finally, the wires get easily tangled meaning that they are probably not very robust. So these headphones are worth the price however if you have the money then buy more expensive ones.
on 28 October 2013
This is manageable for the price. Its saving grace is that it has a mic, which on mine has now stopped working while there is a static noise coming out of the right ear when l plug it into my iPhone.

It would have scored a higher mark if it was as sturdy as the without the mic, which l had before this.
on 23 March 2016
Leaving aside Amazon's purchase and delivery process, which has always been brilliant for me, these headphones are the worst pair I have ever owned.

1) The sound is very poorly balanced, so that the bass is barely audible and the treble stabs your eardrums. Not even my phone's fancy audio optimization settings can improve the sound quality.
2) They are uncomfortable, especially if you have small ears. The earpieces don't fit properly and they are so hard that they start hurting your ears after only 5 minutes of wearing. The actual loops are no good either because if you want the headphones to stay on, you have to clip them too tight, which only hurts more.
3) And if the above two points aren't enough, in real life they look cheap and flimsy.

If you have no better use for your £10, feel free to go for these headphones.
on 8 September 2013
why i didnt buy these years ago i do not know. They are the most comfortable ear pieces i have ever worn and the clarity of sound and the microphone is not diminished in any way compared to other ear pieces, a very good buy and love the colours
on 6 November 2013
These do the job OK. The one button remote takes a bit of getting used to for some functions. As headphones they sound quite good but they are a lot quieter than the stock EarPods and they can be awkward to fit correctly sometimes.