5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, even though I'd seen the movie!
Published on 16 Feb. 2012 by millie200

3.0 out of 5 stars A good premise but a bit far fetched
'Panic Button' shows how dangerous our online social interactions and our need to share information about ourselves can be as 4 'players' battle for their lives on board a plane...

Published on 27 Feb. 2012 by ille13

3.0 out of 5 stars A good premise but a bit far fetched, 27 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Panic Button - A Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)

'Panic Button' harbours an interesting concept, and really had my suspense and curiosity held in the first half of the book, however as the story went on it just seemed to get more and more far fetched right until the ending which really disappointed me and was unbelievable.

I did enjoy the fact that the writing was so fast-paced and how the perspective quickly shifted from character to character but in some places the grammar was poor and it just felt a little rushed. The hacking scene was so bad that I had to read out to my partner who is a computer programmer and we were actually in hysterics at how unrealistic and cliche it was!

Overall it's a thriller wrapped in a moral story about online bullying, a moral which is completely disregarded in it's ending, I got it for free and it was an alright read but wouldn't recommend it too greatly.

*Got for free on Amazon Kindle*

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, even though I'd seen the movie!, 16 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Panic Button (Paperback)
I saw the movie "Panic Button" a few months ago and it really played on my mind. Like others, I post all sorts of things online and think very little about my own protection or, indeed, who may be watching. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some paranoid freak who thinks there may be stalkers out there watching my every move! I'm just a little more cautious now (in a good way) than I was before. Anyway, I bought the kindle version because I'd watched the movie and liked the plot so wanted to see how it would translate literarily. I risked my 99p(!) and, to be honest, was expecting to get half way through and move on (because I'd seen it on screen, obviously!). Though the story was the same, it was a totally new way of experiencing the story! There's a richness to the text that allows one to really get sucked in to the story world.

I didn't realise that there's actually an all2gethr.com (the site mentioned extensively in the story). It looks fun and has loads of funny vids etc... I digress. Sorry!

I would recommend reading this book (it won't take long) even if you've seen the movie. It's fast paced, fun and thrilling. Great stuff! If you haven't seen the movie yet, give that a go too. It's well acted, thought provoking and a little disturbing. I've never read or seen anything by Frazer Lee before Panic Button. I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for him in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Take your seats.....for a bumpy ride........., 25 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Panic Button - A Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
When this came up as a free book I thought it sounded quite an interesting concept and as it wasn't too long it got bumped up to the top of my 'next book to read' list!
I'm very glad it did. What starts off as a seemingly exciting prize of a lifetime soon turns into everyones worst nightmare as the 'winners' deepest, darkest secrets are revealed to themselves and each other in a do or die race to save themselves and those they love....

3.0 out of 5 stars A salutary tale for the internet generation, 7 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Panic Button - A Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
This is a novelisation of a movie, which I have not seen.
Not my usual genre, so I found it a bit gory towards the end, but there was enough in the initial premise to keep me interested to the end, and the writing style was easy to read.
It certainly made me think about the amount of personal information people are happy to provide on the internet, and the depersonalising effect that watching others lives from the 'security' of your own home can have.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enough to keep the pages turning, 21 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Panic Button - A Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
A good start to the book with a good theme. but then it starts to drag.
Quite a lot of gruesome events, so have a strong stomach.
Assume the author is English seeing as he lives in Bucks., in which case it's a pity to see him use sloppy American English. Having been taught in the early 50s to avoid the word "got" every time I come across the American "gotten" which is a million times worst, I cringe.

5.0 out of 5 stars panic button, 15 April 2012
This review is from: Panic Button - A Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
Wow, it is not often I get so involved in a book that I can't put it down, but this has you gripped from the start. In this day of social sites etc, it really makes you think. Can't wait to see what else this author writes. Not just a good story but a very cheap kindle read too. You can't loose!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it loved it loved it!, 18 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Panic Button (Paperback)
What a fantastic book, had me hooked from the first page! some great twists, really makes you think about "who knows what" about us.... great thriller a little gore and plenty suspense and only 99p on kindle , worth a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 4 April 2012
This review is from: Panic Button - A Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
Gripping story with an intriguing storyline that kept me wanting to read more - a really good page turner. Easy to read and not too long, enjoyable. Would recommend. Now reading another title by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GRIPPING READ, 26 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Panic Button - A Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
I decided to give this book a go as it was a free read on Kindle . I was pleased I did as it was a terrific read . I read it in one go , as I just could not put it down .
The characters were believable , and the plot just flowed smoothly . It is a bit gory in parts , but essential really for the story to be taken seriously .
I would recommend this book to anyone who doesnt care if jobs dont get done !

2.0 out of 5 stars I would definitely not recommend this book to any one., 23 July 2013
This review is from: Panic Button - A Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
I thought this was a horrible thriller, because of the way revenge was done on these people, it was definitely not my cup of tea and did not find it enjoyable reading.