Published 15 months ago by Mrs J L Forster

Published 4 months ago by Sophia Hamilton

1.0 out of 5 stars Refined, Bleached and Deodorised. Certainly not equal to virgin coconut oil!, 1 July 2014
This review is from: KTC 100% Pure Coconut Multipurpose Oil 500ml Jar x 2 Qty - Used for Hair, Cooking, Skin Moisturiser (Misc.)
Much as I dislike giving bad reviews I feel it is important to make a few points about this oil. I have been using coconut oil for over 10 years now so feel experienced enough to judge whether an oil is good or not. This brand uses RBD oil which stands for Refined, Bleached and Deodorised. It is made from copra which is the dried flesh of the coconut. This flesh has an unpleasant smokey smell and is darker from the drying process which is why the RBD process is needed to remove the unpleasant smell and colour.
I have used, well sampled, this coconut oil in the past and have found it vastly inferior to virgin coconut oil both for cooking and cosmetic use. I do not feel confident about the RBD process and what chemicals may be involved. When I used this for hair oiling and scalp massage I did not experience anywhere near the conditioning benefits I have and do still experience with the virgin oil.
On my skin i also did not find it very good at all. When I have used RBD coconut oil in the past I have often developed a few spots which is something that never normally happens to me, the texture of the oil also does not feel that pleasant on the skin. In contrast when I use virgin coconut oil on my skin applied quite heavily at night by morning my skin feels plumper and nourished, my pores seem reduced and my skin tone is very clear. I'd even go so far as to say it appears younger.
In terms of taste, well I only used RBD coconut oil once in food before I knew of the issues with how it is produced. It does not taste of coconut (no surprise there given the above information) and I felt no benefit from using it as far as the taste of the meal goes. Virgin coconut oil on the other hand tastes delicious and adds a subtle flavour to the food.

I know I sound like I am promoting virgin coconut oil but I do not sell it, I'm just someone who has had very positive experiences with it and feels it is important that people are informed about the products they buy.

I will also add like many other reviewers have observed that this brand of coconut oil is available in shops at a much cheaper price than is listed here. If you really want to try it then they would be a much cheaper option.

2.0 out of 5 stars rip off!, 8 Nov 2012
this exact jar of oil can be bought in any asian (indian) grocery store in the uk for £1.50 !! i have no idea why it is so overpriced here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once of the best coconut products I have tried at a decent price., 23 Aug 2013
This is an excellent coconut oil if you don't like the taste or smell of coconut oil if you are cooking with it. This is a pure coconut oil so the goodness is still kept in the processing. I have an underactive thyroid and I use the oil for cooking and also on the skin as it raises my body temperature and metabolism. I also seem to have a little more energy since using the oil. I have also used the oil on some stretch marks on the tops of my thighs and although it doesn't rid you of them it helps with their appearance and my legs look far better than before along with less cellulite, but this is not instant, you have to apply over a number of months to see the results so you have to be patient!

I have also used the oil on my dog. For years he has suffered from very sore ears to the extent that you cannot touch them. No vet has been able to help him. I know you can put warm olive oil in ears so I thought why not try a little drop of warm coconut oil. I did this twice over a period of five days and my dog is a changed dog, he has no discharge, his ears do not smell and you can stroke his head without him crying out in pain, he is a different dog!!

I love the stuff but it is obviously the individual's taste, so all I would say is give it a try for at least 3 months and you might see some benefits!!

I also have to say that the company that deliver the product are very efficient and you don't have to wait long for your delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 2 April 2014
I bought this as I am on a ketogenic diet and it is a recommended product. It is flavourless and odourless so perfect for cooking. I have also used it as a skin moisturiser and on my daughter's face when she got dry and sore under her mouth following a cold. It was the perfect mild product for that too.

1.0 out of 5 stars How much?, 18 April 2014
This is £2.25 in my local supermarket that we have in EVERY town for the EXACT same brand!! Check it online!!. Rip off on here!

5.0 out of 5 stars I use this as a night cream :), 28 Mar 2014
I dont use this for cooking, but as a night time moisturiser. It's fab. When it's cold in the house it's a solid, so i have to use my hairdryer to melt a bit, but it's fantastic for my skin. Also good for hands and feet at night. I say at night as it's obviously oily, so you wouldn't use it during the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Price, Good Product, 8 Oct 2013
G. Humphrey (Up North.) - See all my reviews
If you've been reading about the potential health benefits of using Coconut Oil then this is a good place to start, fairly cheap and a good quality product. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff!, 17 Jun 2013
So much nicer to use and better for you than sunflower oil, though does spit a lot so be careful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 3 May 2014
The only good thing about this oil is the price. When heating up there is a bit of a scent that put me off, its like a chemical or synthetic smell.Unlike other coconut oils I have used that are aromatic.
I did buy the one in the glass jar at my local Turkish shop in Dalston, as the idea of the plastic turned me off. In short I will not use it any longer as I would rather pay more for a unrefined and more pure oil I enjoy using with the taste of coconut, after all that is part of the reason why I like the oil.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product at a great price, 1 May 2013
Ms. Laraine Ward (England) - See all my reviews
I use this for just about everything…. from cooking (yum!) through moisturising face and hair…. to feeding real wood! An all round brilliant product at a brilliant price from this seller. Fast post and well packed. 5* seller… I wouldn't hesitate to purchase again.