5.0 out of 5 stars Great little device! Highly recommended.
To be honest I was never entirely convinced by the tablet PC thing, but I liked the idea of an Android 4 platform with a screen that was bigger than a phone so I thought I'd try one of these. It didn't cost much more than a basic Kindle and I thought it'd do as an e-reader even if it was rubbish at everything else.

Well, it's not rubbish as it happens. In fact...
Published on 12 Mar 2012 by Gibbonici

2.0 out of 5 stars Revised: Not great to be honest
Initial Review: The neuropad 2 is a vanilla Android 4 based tablet that is excellent for the price. Don't expect a "retina display" quality screen because if that is what you are after you will be sadly disappointed. However, the screen is bright enough, responds very well to multitouch and adequate given the price of the unit. I've also this week taken delivery of the...
Published on 19 April 2012 by F. Todino

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little device! Highly recommended., 12 Mar 2012
This review is from: CloudNine Neuropad2 Android Tablet - Now with Android 4.0.3 ICS - 2180p HD Superslim 7" 5 point touch Capacitive Android Tablet with A10 processor NOW WITH 8GB Memory - Fully compatible with Facebook, Youtube player and Skype

Well, it's not rubbish as it happens. In fact it's a really nice little device and is a total bargain at the price.

The build quality is top-notch, it has a satisfying weight in the hand without being heavy and the touch screen is very responsive with a crisp, clean picture. The processor handles the very latest version of Android 4 (which it ships with) like a dream and the whole thing is a pleasure to use. It came with the Facebook and YouTube apps pre-installed as well as a file manager, and it also came with a USB lead and a recharger. It has a built in facing-camera, a mono speaker and a microphone, and also has a micro-USB port, a HDMI port and a micro-SD slot.

I've tried it on a few different wifi networks and it connects almost instantly, and better still, once you've put a network's password/passphrase in it automatically connects to it whenever it's detected. The wifi range seems pretty decent too, I actually managed to pick up a friend's network from a couple of streets away! (To be fair though, it was only once and not for very long, but still!)

I've installed a few games from the Google Shop, including World of Goo and Xenowar (which is a fully featured XCOM clone with 3d graphics,) and all run absolutely flawlessly. Same with the built-in web browser - it's fast, smart and does exactly what you want it to do. Video playback is solid with no stuttering or desynching, and the sound quality is pretty decent (given that it has a single speaker) and is great through earphones.

I could go on but I won't; suffice it to say that this little baby is great and has totally exceeded my expectations.

I've not even got round to using it as a mere e-reader yet!

EDIT - My review relates to the now discontinued 4gb version of the Neuropad2, which came with earphones and ethernet cable. Android Slates told me that the new 8gb version doesn't come with these items (in order to stay at the same price as the 4gb version) so I've edited my review to avoid confusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb little tablet!, 17 Mar 2012
Mrs. Joanna Williams (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This tablet was purchased by my husband, so this is his review:

Like a lot of people I probably spent far too much time researching various budget 7 inch android tablets. I wish I had seen this one first of all as it would have saved me many hours of googling. I am, quite frankly, blown away by the quality, performance and responsiveness of this CloudNine Neuropad2 Tablet.

Like other reviewers the deciding factors for me were full android market, flash support, capacitive touch screen and the very lovely android 4 (ICS) OS.

I would say the sensitivity of the device, in my opinion, is easily on a par with my ipod touch.

I have installed quite a few apps - the usual Angry birds (for the kids, of course), Kindle Reader, iplayer, live wallpapers plus many other games, and they all work flawlessly.

All the preinstalled apps, such as Facebook, Youtube, Skype etc. all work fine - no crashes or freezes.

If, like me, you got fed up waiting for the UK release of the Kindle Fire, then look no further as I'm sure you won't regret buying this. I'm so glad I did, as I think it gives me far more functionality anyway.

At a 100 it's an absolute steal. If you add in a cheap Kingston Class 4 16GB Micro SDHC card you will have one little beast of a device on your hands.

Overall then - very, very impressed and would highly recommend this tablet to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars CloudNine Neuropad2 Tablet, 7 Mar 2012
CloudNine Neuropad2 Tablet - Now with Android 4.0 Tablet - 2180p HD Superslim 7" 5 point touch Capacitive Android Tablet with A10 1.5GHZ processor 4GB Memory
This was the third attempt since last Christmas to acquire a 7 inch tablet. After the second failed attempt I spent a lot of time reading up on Android tablets. To state the obvious: it depends what you want the tablet for, and, you get what you pay for.
For a machine in its price bracket, the CloudNine Neuropad2 Tablet is a great option! It does what I wanted it for.
It's a slim, elegant machine with a great screen and good speaker. It comes with Android 4.0.3 which is a great experience after Android 2.2 or 2.3. No problems connecting to WiFi, even to non-broadcasting networks, something not every tablet will do in my experience.
Flash 11 is installed and a "fully working Android Market". This last point was a real clincher for me. Taking possession of a tablet to then discover it has some look-alike version of the Android Market is frustrating. Not being able to install paid for apps already in use on my Android smart phone is a real pain.
I'm not a game player so I've no idea how the wonderful screen will perform. The charger comes with an adaptor for use in the UK. The instruction manual has unbelievably small printing and needs some updating. At least the translation is better than some I've seen.
Android 4 deals with an external sdcard in a way that left me confused but after contacting the seller everything became clear. On this point I think time will tell how the tablet performs. No problems at all contacting the seller: replies come very quickly by email.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy in a long time!, 30 Mar 2012
Debi (bournemouth) - See all my reviews
I spent ages researching tablets as I was limited by price and the fact I needed a 100% full android market, because I needed certain apps to enable me to use it with my disability. I asked sellers of tablets I was looking at, if the tablet could run the apps; all replied either "no" or "don't know", whereas AndroidSlates actually took the trouble to install it on one of their office tablets to check. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone.

The tablet itself is great; its light, but feels well made. The screen has great quality display, it's also really responsive to touch (even with the protective film I've left on) & quick to auto rotate. The operating system is Android 4 and runs all the apps & programs really quickly. It'll happily run 4 or 5 apps at the same time. The battery seems to last ages; it came partially charged, I ran it down and recharged it - have now been using it on & off for 2 days on the same charge!

The wifi is great and automatically connects to the network as soon as I get home. Within my flat or at the cafe with wifi, the pages load quickly; pretty much the same speed as my laptop. If I'm in the garden it struggles with loading sites from the internet... But, there's 3 brick walls and at least 50ft between me & the wireless router - so I think it's excusable.

It comes with loads of apps preinstalled, Facebook, Youtube, PDF reader, an office system; and ones like ezPDF Reader are pro versions; not trial or lite versions. I've installed Ivona, dropbox, Sims & other games, a painting app + more... All work perfectly.

When I was looking, there were similar tablets with Android 2.3 at cheaper prices. From the quality of service I've received and confidence I have in AndroidSlates, should anything go wrong; together with the quality of the tablet and the speed of Android 4, it was most definitely worth stretching my budget and paying a little extra. But even with a bigger budget, I can't see why anyone would buy a big name brand; when this tablet is so brilliant.

I got a keyboard case Afunta(TM) Artificial Leather Keyboard Case with mini-USB plug For Protection Of Your 7" Tablet PC ePad aPad Device, that uses a mini USB connector; so didn't even need to worry about adapters. In addition I got an 8GB Kingston micro SD card for 3ish....... So even the accessories are a bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely tablet for a great price, 14 Mar 2012
I'm a bit of a 7" Android tablet junkie, this is my third tablet and my two kids also have one each - this is by far the best. IceCream is a step and a half above the other Android releases and is such a pleasure to use - especially with the browser in full-screen mode and all the "Labs" (experimental) options enabled. And whoever designed the multi-tasking is a genius.

Good clear screen and the 1.5Ghz processor gives it smooth response. I tried the Asus Transformer Prime and I would say its response is about the same (at 500!!!), but of course it has a much bigger screen so more work to do.

With the full market place, Full Flash and shockwave this covers all the bases with surprisingly good battery life. Overnight (zero usage for ~9hrs) it lost about 13% charge, heavy use for an hour and it looses about 30% - for average use (web & email) mine lasts about 26 hrs on one charge. It will also charge through the mini-USB socket (using a standard mini-USB cable provided), which not all will do.

It also comes with the mini-to-full USB adaptor you need for using with a USB keyboard.

My other tablets in this price range have stability issues (they often crash) - not this one - its stability is pretty impressive for this price.

Not sure what is going on with the dictionary, it seems to say every word is spelt wrong.

Mine didn't come with Facebook or Skype pre-installed (as per the description) and I couldn't find a facebook app for IceCream, but it works fine using the web and skype installed from the market place fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for money, 16 Mar 2012
Really neat tablet, at 114 good value for money. Slim and good looking. It comes with male + female USB and mains charger. No Bluetooth. Battery lasts a day(ish). Some apps from android market don't recognise tablet though I've managed to download quite a few such as BBC iplayer etc. I had problems with Facebook for android not recognising my tablet and poor quality Skype video calling. I emailed the seller. He phoned me and talked me through installing different versions that work perfectly. He said that future tablets will go out with Facebook and Skype pre-installed. I was very pleased with his prompt customer service and his willingness to help. Excellent customer service. I'd be happy to purchase from this seller again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat Effective and Good Value, 1 Mar 2012
You open the box to find the Tablet fully charged, you need to change the Time Zone and the Keyboard Country then it is all systems go, upgrade the on board storage with a micro SD card I used a 16 gig for 8, the Apps can be transferred to the SD card so you have plenty of space, you can load your films directly to the SD card also your pictures and music. The screen is very responsive, so much so a game of Pinball can be played without loosing a ball to non responsive flippers. The picture quality is first rate and the sound adequate through the on board speaker and first rate through headphones. This tablet has a HDMI connection and Wi-Fi. The gravity sensor is very fast to change the screen orientation, I have only found one foible, when the battery reaches a full charge if the power is still connected strange things can happen to the screen responses, it's then time to unplug the power cord and run off the battery. The battery lasted me a couple of hours, but with USB and a AC power supply to charge the tablet this shouldn't cause problems for many people. Fast connection to the Internet, Youtube runs without a hitch, you can have your emails collected from 5 mins to an hour and the responsive screen keyboard makes it a doddle to run off a quick reply. I spent 6 weeks making my mind up which Tabled to get, this ticked all the boxes for me and I haven't been disappointed (My wife's delighted as see saw me looking at some priced 450).

After a few days use the battery LASTS LONGER (4 hours full use) AND CHARGES QUICKER. I like the tablet more and more each day apart from the email dictionary, our dog knows more words. But it has become my constant companion!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb customer service!, 13 April 2012
Lesley Fenton (Gers, France) - See all my reviews
I won't repeat all the accolades from other reviewers for this tab. It seems to be an excellent product for the price (although we have only really just started using it).

But I really wanted to comment on AndroidSlates. Not only do they respond immediately and helpfully to any queries in the forum, they react quickly to problems too. I contacted them when we first received the tab because the mains charger wasn't working (it charged OK via USB so was evidently a problem with the mains charger itself). I had a reply within five minutes saying that they would be sending out a new one immediately, which they did. I live in France and when the charger arrived, they had taken the trouble to send me a charger with a french plug! Now that's what I call excellent customer service and I would recommend whole-heartedly buying this product from AndroidSlates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Android Tablet for the Price, 31 Mar 2012
I have been looking at this tablet for the last few weeks, weighing up buying either the NATPC, Tabtronic or Cloudnine versions of what appear to be almost identical tablets. The thing that made me choose AndroidSlates over the other companies was the helpfulness of the vendor in answering questions or resolving peoples issues.

I have only been playing around with this for a day, but so far I have been very impressed with this tablet. I'm not a great Apple fan, and having played around with my wifes android phone, I liked the fact that you are not restricted in what you can do, unlike the Ipad. I have downloaded a few apps for now, as I mainly want it for things like internet browsing/email/FB/skype etc. Having a couple of minor issues, one is that last night the wireless network kept disappearing completely, which I need to keep an eye on, and also the Met Office app doesn't seem to work at all. I need to play more with this to make sure it is not just user error rather than a anything tablet related. But overall my impression of this is very good, like the other people who have already bought this.

One thing I did was buy myself a protective case for transporting the tablet around in, and went for this item:

Emartbuy Blue Water Resistant Neoprene Soft Zip Case/Cover suitable for Tabtronics M009S Tablet ( 7 Inch Tablet / eReader )

It's not amazingly thick, but it does the job, and it fits well inside this case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product and Customer Service, 16 Mar 2012
Brilliant Android 4.0 tablet for the price and not much to add to the 4/5* reviews left by the other purchasors.

Being a bit dim myself the seller helped me work out that the internal 4gb memory is actually labelled "SD" and not "Internal Memory" or "Hard-drive" as I had been used to with previous tablets. Now I'm having no problems copying files via USB to either external SD card "ExtSD" or internal memory "SD".