4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Design : 9/10 - Not the best looking but functional. Feel sturdy and controls are easy to use. Good nautural noise isolation. A bit plus for me is that sound leakage is very low, very impressed up to about 80% volume when some begins to escape (audible from a foot away)
Published 7 months ago by JT

I'm by no means a serious audiophile, but I can appreciate the difference between a solid pair of cans and over-priced, unrealistic-sounding garbage like Beats. My current headphones of choice are the Sennheiser HD 25iis and they've been a dream to me in the five or so ears I've wielded them.

However as a commuter and avid gym-er I've been looking for a...
Published 5 months ago by Marcus

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sennheiser MM500-X Stereo Bluetooth Over-Ear Headset Featuring the Apt-X Codec (Electronics)
Comfort : 8/10 - Fit over my ears fine. Good amount of grip and ear cups are soft. Have used for continuous two hours without discomfort.
Wireless : 9/10 - Pairs well. Occasionally there can be a split second of interference. Not sure if this is down to the headphones or my device. It is rare but has happened several times, much like a cd skipping. Otherwise excellent.
Sound : Excellent. I think they sound great. I listen largely to indie with guitars drums and vocals but I have a wide range and they cope with everything. I also use an apt-x device. Loud enough as well. Can only imagine anyone that disagrees is half deaf or didn't turn up the volume on the ear cup itself as there is built in volume control.
Battery : 7/10 - 10 hours sounded impressive. I probably get 7 to 8 hours listening at about 75-80% volume. Most annoying thing is the battery warning noise! Handy you get a 10 minute warning, but then it continues to go off every minute which is frustrating and unnecessary. Charging is easy and quick.

Overall I think these are an excellent choice. I love being wireless and the faults I have picked are very minor. Bit of tweeking with an equaliser from your app store is worth doing as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 27 Aug 2013
Best headset I've ever owned. Even without apt-x codec the quality of the sound is outstanding! Battery last me for 4-5 days of average use (1,5 - 2,5h per day). Headset feels very comfy when on

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, 13 Mar 2013
I spent quite a while looking for some decent bluetooth headphones that I can use when I'm out and about. I wanted them to be comfortable and sound good, and I've tried all sorts of headphones, which isn't an easy task...

I eventually found that I really liked a set of Sennheiser wired phones as they were comfortable to wear and gave a nice sound, so I was very happy to find that they did a set with the same earcups and bluetooth connectivity, although I wouldn't have bought them at full price.

These are reasonably robust without feeling too heavy, pack away into a carrycase which was supplied with them so I can fit them in my pannier when cycling, and have a replaceable battery which seems like a very good idea.

They paired very easily with my Android phone, and music quality over bluetooth is stunning - a nice, well balanced sound, not too thin at the top, not too boomy at the bottom. In response to one of the earlier reviews, I've not had any issues with low volume levels - in fact, walking around town with traffic noise in the background, I had to keep turning them down!

With my previous BT Headset (plantronics) I was constantly suffering from drop-outs, and then key-changes as music came back. With these, no dropouts with my phone in the same place, so that was good. They were a little hissy on a phone call, but only during call setup, so no real issues there.

As well as being great on bluetooth, you also get a cable so you can hard-wire into a music source, something I'm hoping to do shortly, which is supposed to give more bass and treble response, although it doesn't really need any improvement for me...

3.0 out of 5 stars A solid pair of bluetooth headphones with a few notable drawbacks., 31 Jan 2014
Marcus (London, UK) - See all my reviews

However as a commuter and avid gym-er I've been looking for a wireless option to avoid the encumbering headache that comes with wires. So upon extensive research I was directed to these pair of wireless phones and took the plunge.

My impression:

[Build] - Quite impressed here. Looks are of course subjective but to me they look rather neat, they're very sturdy and they fold quite compactly making them an excellent portable option. No complaints here

[Comfort] - I was a bit apprehensive about going for 'around-hear' phones, but these very comfortably encompass my ears and don't feel fatiguing after extensive use. Bear in mind though my ears are on the small-medium side and they just about fit. If your ears are a bit on the larger side then it might be more of a snug fit.

[Connectivity] - Easy to connect, stays within promised range, no complaints.

[Sound] - This is where it disappoints me. Now I appreciate that with Bluetooth headphones there comes a compromise in sound quality, but at 170 I expected that compromise to be less dramatic. The highs and mids are decent, but the bass is practically non-existent. Now again sonic preferences are also subjective, but if you're a bit of a basshead these headphones will sound quite underwhelming, and no I'm not suggesting it should aspire to Beats level of ridiculous, muddy-sounding bass, but it wouldn't have hurt to pack a little more punch. The biggest drawback however is the volume - its far too low! The noise-isolating qualities are pretty lackluster too - my music was close to being drowned out on near full volume when riding on the London underground.

So can I recommend these headphones? At this price - probably not. They're on the whole a solid wireless option but its drawbacks for me mean they don't constitute good value. A better option (which I've since replaced this with) are Jabra's REVO wireless head phones which are around the same price. If you live without the wireless functionality then you can pick up a better sounding pair of headphones for half the price (even from Sennheiser themselves!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny, 28 Oct 2013
Got these after much searching as I hate in ear type headphones. They are very comfortable, great sound for me and I never miss a call/text/update on my phone. They contact via bluetooth to every device I own seamlessly. They have now trekked many miles with me, very pleased with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable and great sound quality, 29 Sep 2013
Lightweight, very comfortable to wear, even for long periods of time and great sound quality.
Easy to connect to bluetooth transmitter.
Controls on the side very easy to use.

Highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Deep Bass & Crystal Clear Treble, 1 Jun 2013
I listen to a wide range of music from classical to heavy rock and these Bluetooth headphones do justice to the sound, no matter what's playing. You can feel the bass from some tracks before you even register it audibly, meanwhile the top end stays perfectly crisp - even with the volume up high. The Bluetooth range is about 15 metres, line of sight (7-10 metres indoors) before the sounds starts to break up, paired with my Lumia 900. Pairing with my laptop or iPad also works flawlessly.
These are not the sound cancelling version headphones, but you actually don't need that feature for everyday use - you can't really hear people talking around you unless they're right next to you anyway (tested in an office environment)!

Call quality when paired with my phone is excellent. The person on the other end of the call can't tell it's on handsfree, so that's exactly how it should be.

Although I've been using these headphones for a couple of months, I haven't made use of the Apt-X feature as I don't own any devices with it... yet.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended !, 1 Mar 2014
Perfect sound. Powerful enough. Big bluetooth range. Easy setup.
Good feeling to wear. All friends also were excited. Incredible bass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sound you'll get from BT headphones, 8 Feb 2014
I listen to a lot of metal in a noisy gym and these have never let me down, the bass fidelity over BT is unmatched. The fit is tight enough that they don't slip when moving around too (and I have a small head). Comfortable to wear for extended periods, battery life is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality is great but a couple of minor gripes, 6 Feb 2014
The sound quality is good enough for me, but I am not an expert. They talk by bluetooth to my iphone 5 (but not my 2013 11" MacBook air :-( even though it claims to have Apt-X Codec). The built in mic works great with the phone in doors but picks up a lot of ambient noise outside so much so that people on the other end of the phone call complain, Also the mic only seems to work via bluetooth the cable connection only carries headphones to the Macbook and not full headset which is a bit of an annoyance.