5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Book!
Published on 13 Sep 2011 by Mrs. Kerry D. Beck

3.0 out of 5 stars 'God Lost and Found' - Helpful up to a Point.
Published on 4 July 2012 by Mr. N. Bain

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Book!, 13 Sep 2011
This review is from: God Lost & Found (Paperback)
I had read a review of this book in a 'Book Magazine', which I picked up in my local bookshop. The review was good and my interest in the subject matter made me want to purchase it. However, I was still extremely surprised that I enjoyed this book so much. It was excellent and has helped me in my own understanding of those times when God does get a little lost. All I can say is thank you John Pritchard, Bishop of Oxford, for writing such an inspirational book. If it ever is published with a hardcover then I will certainly purchase it because I'm certain my paperback copy will be read often. Brilliant book!

5.0 out of 5 stars real faith, through it all, 1 Aug 2011
J. DOUGLAS "Johnny Douglas" (Nr London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: God Lost & Found (Paperback)
In God Lost and Found, Bishop John Pritchard looks at why we lose our faith in God and go through dark periods and at how we can rediscover God again. There is a freshness, joy and gentleness in tone and content, in navigating the gains and losses of life's pathway. The complexity and pain of our lives recieves a pastor-leaders consummate wisdom and presence without a trace of piety or cliche. The chattering culture and the dry well were areas of particular appreciation for this reader. Refreshing honesty, empathy and insight. Hope will be born again for the reader!

3.0 out of 5 stars 'God Lost and Found' - Helpful up to a Point., 4 July 2012
Mr. N. Bain "Nigel B Bain" (nr Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: God Lost & Found (Paperback)
Except in the most general terms, this book hardly touches on the tragedy of real spiritual loss ('spiritual desertions') which not a few earnest Christians encounter, when they feel quite abandonned by God. This is something better dealt with by older writers such as William Perkins, Richard Greenham, Samuel Willard, Timothy Rogers, Voetius and not least Wesley, in sermons such as 'The Wilderness State'. Nor am I sure this book would have gone down particularly well in the Early Church or on Calvin's table but nevertheless...

.. on a lighter scale and addressed to the wider audience with a variety of spiritual needs, this book makes for interesting, entertaining and worthwhile reading. It offers much practical and intelligent advice and succeeds pretty well in achieving its aim. It is both helpful and encouraging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling reading., 25 April 2013
This review is from: God Lost and Found (Kindle Edition)
This book addresses many reasons why faith can easily be lost ,but also sets out spiritual exercises for re-finding faith. It is easy to read and has many relevant and modern illustrations. It also places Jesus Christ at the centre. This may seem illogical, but many similar books fail to do this. I have found it very useful and encouraging. Thank you, John Prichard .

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: God Lost & Found (Paperback)
An honest and informative read. I was able to identify with the examples in the first part and then explore useful solutions in the second half. I would recommend this to anyone their journey of faith wherever this feel God is.

5.0 out of 5 stars We need an intellectually respectable approach to faith; here it is!, 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: God Lost and Found (Kindle Edition)
A sensible and cogent basis for faith. Easy to read and friendly to the general reader. I should like this to be widely read: so many of the objections to faith are met. This slim volume is a big boost to a life of fa and ith.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Really Helpful Book, 8 April 2013
This review is from: God Lost and Found (Kindle Edition)
This book deals honestly without criticism,with the very real feelings of doubt and uncertainty that can come to us all. It then seeks to show ways to renew that relationship.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for those struggling with church or faith, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: God Lost & Found (Paperback)
It reassures you that you aren't the only one who finds things difficult as in the first half he describes some of the turn offs we face. The second half has useful hints about possible ways forward.

5.0 out of 5 stars God Lost and Found, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: God Lost and Found (Kindle Edition)
I have just read this book for the second time and will happily read it again. It is very reassuring to find so much that can be related to wherever you are on your spiritual journey, even if you feel you've lost the path. Plenty to think about and lots of help and encouragement along the way in this book. Brilliantly written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very insightful, a good read for those who haven't lost God too, 28 Jan 2013
F. Tibbitt (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: God Lost and Found (Kindle Edition)
Or haven't found him in the first place. Goes through a lot of arguments which are thrown at you in an clear way. Flows well too

God Lost and Found