on 14 January 2015
While it seems well enough constructed, the sizing is completely inaccurate. I bought one that was meant to be suitable for a 4-6-year-old. The sizing information says it is for a chest of 71-76cm, and my 3-yr-old has a 66cm chest, and so I thought it would fit well, even over clothing. However, when it arrived we could barely get it done up on him. I measured the vest itself: when it is closed and velcroed, it measures 71cm.

Normally, a clothing measurement indicates the size of the person's chest/waist/hips without clothing (or with minimal clothing). You expect the garment -- especially a piece of outerwear like this -- to be substantially bigger than the chest (etc.) measurement. For a chest of 71-76cm, I would expect a vest like this to be 81-90cm or larger. Here, the vest only just made the bottom end of their chest measurement range. The length and armhole diameter are also only just large enough for my 3 year old.

I think companies like this sell poor quality or mis-sized items cheaply, knowing that customers won't bother to return them because it's not worth the postage. In that case, Amazon should be rigorous in its quality control checks, and bring companies like this to account.
on 8 June 2012
We bought 2 of these Children's size Baratec vests for our sons to wear while riding their bikes on the road and for taking with us on holiday to Europe when hi-vis vests have to be taken in the car.

The vests are a good fit, the sizes are accurate, and have velcrove front fastening. All the seams are well made and secure.

I have no hestitation is recommending these vests to other buyers, they are good value.
on 14 December 2014
Just a suggestion, but take winter coats etc into consideration when purchasing this. I bought the size 4-6 for my 5 yo and while it does fit him, and it does technically fit over his puffy winter coat, it's tight over it. He's quite slim so I was surprised at this.

I can't fault the product, I did make the assumption that it would be a loose-fitting vest and that's my fault. The vest itself is decent quality and highly recommended.
on 2 January 2016
Got this for my cousins daughter, she's 2 years old, and they live in an area where it's okay for children to go on motorbikes, (South America) the poorest areas don't tend to use cars much, anyway their street lighting isn't very good at all, so I wanted to make sure the little one was seems as much as possible, even if it's just her walking with her mum to the local shop In The winter
on 24 December 2015
Great purchase - arrived really quickly. Have used loads already as have an energetic 4 year old who still wants to go for 2 mile go kart rides even though its not really light enough after school! Fit is slightly together than I'd expected, but that's because it's over a thick winter coat. Would definitely recommend - can't believe how cheap it was!
on 15 February 2013
I bought this for my grandson to wear over his school uniform as we live in a rural area with no street lights. He is only 5 and loves to wear it. I noticed that now some of his class mates have them on and he said that he started it so he is well pleased. It is very good and he will certainly be seen. A good purchase all round.
on 30 December 2013
This vest is very good and can been seen at night when lights shine on the jacket. I ordered a size 5-6 years but this is very small, especially if you are going to put it over a jacket. I would order at least 2 sizes bigger. My boy is 5 in March and is big for his age but these sizes are especially small
on 2 June 2016
The vest is good quality wth sturdy reflectors. My five year old loves it. It is however very snug (with a jumper on it barely closes across his chest) and I doubt it will last more than till over the summer before I will have to buy a size up. My boy is average size for his age - on the slim side.
on 18 December 2012
Very good idea for young children who may be walking with adults in dark or indeed even for playing in the grounds of own house as it provides more safety. Children love to wear it as it looks so like the adult version of the waistcoat that the see being worn by workers.
on 9 September 2014
I bought this for my (large) four year old to wear on his bike to school. Its a good size and will fit over a coat - it only has one velcro fastening which is the same colour as the vest making it hard for him to find and do up on his own. But other than that its great.