on 23 December 2012
I plugged this into the wall socket for the very first time and within 30 minutes there was a burning smell so I turned it off left it for left it for a while then switched it back on only to hear a pop and that was the end of that. Total waste of money.
on 21 June 2012
This piece of kit was a real convenience. Easy to charge in hotel room to use sat nav as a pedestrian about town. Saved having to return to car for charging. Very pleased.
VINE VOICEon 24 August 2012
Of course you can use the in-car cigarette lighter to charge your satnav. This device does meant that you can use the satnav without in-car charging, or if you want to use the satnav while you are walking. Ideal to use to allow you set the satnav up outside of the car and not connected to your computer. A great device, it works very well, I have no complaints.
on 8 May 2013
It works, what more can you say except that it is bulkier than my phone charger although it is rated for twice the output for an otherwise identical piece of kit. Did not wish to risk overloading the phone charger and possibly finishing with no charger at all.
Only bought as a back-up in case of a hire car not having a suitable power point.
on 10 August 2012
does what it needs to. its a charger for home mains socket. i bought this as my car battery is dying and i dont want to draw any power from it other than for starting my car, so i didnt want to charge my satnav by plugging into the car socket. to my annoyance, after buying the garmin satnav carry case, i found the case pack came with one of these included...so i guess i now have a spare!
11 comment3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 December 2012
It arrived sooner than was indicated, I took it out of the package and plugged it in to the mains and the SatNav and it did what I expected - it allowed me to charge my SatNav from a mains socket
[I can summarise this as 'it works', but Amazon needs 20 words...]
on 27 December 2012
This product is a must for all sat nav owners as it has proved to be good investment in charging up the battery overnight prior to a next day car journey.

A good back up and a cheap but essential present stocking filler for anyone with a sat nav.
on 29 July 2015
Good to start off with but does not charge properly now. Only had for 9 months. Will charge the phone but the battery runs out really quickly and I have to wiggle the connection around a bit as it does not fit properly now.
on 4 September 2013
Great charger. Does the job of charging my sat nav.
it came in 3 working days.
well worth it if you are going to use the sat nav while walking that way this can be charged at home
on 14 February 2013
I am so glad I chose this one as I travel frequently by air and the description did not mention the weight but I can assure you that it is the lightest charger I have ever come across.