Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 19 January 2010
Fantastic. These guys play their own instruments as well, so its not juts old swing songs being remixed. An exciting blend of violins and accordians which create melodies that you can't stop listening to. So fun. The whole album is superb listening, a mix up of bpms, no song is average, its all 5 star. Then go listen to Parov Stelar.
on 22 January 2010
A good and undoubtedly polished album this is, but I am less in awe of it than some of the other reviewers here. It certainly has some exceptionally strong tunes and the musicianship is excellent, but the novelty does wear thin for me after a while. I had the slight feeling there was some kind of formula at play. That said, it's a very enjoyable album, and credit is due for reinventing the spirit of Django Reinhardt and capturing the sound of Electro Swing so well...now check the other proponents of the genre.
on 16 May 2009
I'm not one for buying albums without listening to 3 or 4 songs first, but, as soon as I heard Suzy, I had this on my mp3 player before I could spit. Not only do Caravan Palace combine classic electro with swing perfectly, but the catchy We Can Dance, Bambous and Je m'amuse will have you dancing for days.

There are no weak songs on this album. Each song is able to stand alone, whilst still blending immaculately as a whole collection of music. The mix of bass, percussions and violin is so unique and so fresh, I doubt anybody besides a collaboration of "Zazou" inspired musicians could pull it off.

Caravan Palace serve up festive, frantic music, an improbable futuristic and melodious Charleston fit for the dance floor.
on 4 December 2010
Was quite a mission to find this band, heard one of their songs as a small part of a large mix and loved the way they sounded. So after finding them, it was very exciting to say the least, and they definitely dont disappoint in any way. French Electro Swing is a pretty good category for them I'd say, not one you'd hear about often but for its unusualness.
I, and my flatmates, constantly play this album, its feel-good mixed with a rhythm to make you want to dance - even if you cant! Quirky and ecstatic, and they've become one of the most-played bands on my itunes :D
I really really highly recommend Caravan Palace. Not much more needs to be said.
on 29 January 2015
An exceedingly rare album, this self-titled outing from Caravan Palace remains as fresh and individual as when it was first released. Though I do agree with another reviewer that the songs, played back-to-back, may seem a little formulaic, I would argue that it remains a highly enjoyable and very unique formula that has kept this album in my constant rotation for the best part of five years now and shows no sign of letting up.

Not one track on the album lets you down, or dips the unrelenting swing vibe the band have become so well known for, and each stands just as well individually or played through in one go. Tracks like "Jolie Coquine", "Brotherswing", "Suzy", "Je M'amuse" and "We Can Dance" remain all time favourites that will pop out of nowhere in my mind and refuse to go away until they're blaring round the house!

If you enjoy electro-swing then this is a must own album; if you've never sampled the genre but ere towards any form of beat heavy, fast paced music (dubstep, house, electro, blues, jazz) then I would definitely recommend Caravan Palace's personal take on this fusion over any others as a first step. And if, somehow, you've seen them live and are wondering if the album lives up to that performance? Well, it comes closer than almost any other band if seen/heard! Definitely pick it up and you'll be dancing like mad all over again.

Personally, they began as an instant love and have become an all time top tier band that I can imagine enjoying for decades to come. In fact, excuse me from doing any more of this review, but I have an increasingly overwhelming "Brotherswing" shaped itch to scratch!
on 29 August 2010
playing this at regularly work it seems the common description of the music is insanely cheerful. This leads me to the simplest review ever written, if you like swing. if you like cheerful music, if you like a touch of insanity.........buy this this, you will not regret it!
on 9 June 2009
This is a great album, modern, vibrant, inventive....certainly reflects their live performances.
I love it!!
on 26 January 2013
This is a brilliant album.. i just love the way they've modernised swing music. Excellent for video background music! I particularly like tracks 4 and 9. I'd also recommend getting their latest album, Panic, which I also bought here on Amazon. Great prices too!
on 4 July 2014
'Suzy' was one of the first songs I heard when I discovered this 'electro swing' genre by accident. I have bought lots of the compilations now - Electro Swing Vol 1, 2, 3 etc and these are a great introduction to the whole style. However, the Caravan Palace material especially sticks out on these compilations and their videos on You Tube are brilliant, especially the live stuff. Therefore, I had to buy this album and it is exactly as I thought it would be - lots of great songs and rhythms with quirky lyrics and samples mixed with traditional music. Some of the songs I recognised but there are lots on here that I didn't and they give a good insight into the Caravan Palace sound. If you like electro swing then I can fully recommend this album, even as a starter. And check them out on you tube too.
on 16 June 2016
I own numerous early Rock & Roll and jive CD's as well as old swing music of various types including the more recent 'Deleted Scenes From The Cutting Room Floor', but I also enjoy lots of current music. I have recently heard some Electro Swing on the radio and TV including Caravan Palace on Live At The London Palladium in June 16 (see you tube) so i decided to dip into it with two CD's, this Caravan Palace CD was one of them. I played it through and was very pleased with the tracks and feel this will grow on me, great to listen to on long car trips or at home. Good up to date version of the older music I already enjoy, but I only gave 4 stars as it does not have that raw feeling you get from the original older music.