5.0 out of 5 stars Electro French Swing Sounds
Fantastic. These guys play their own instruments as well, so its not juts old swing songs being remixed. An exciting blend of violins and accordians which create melodies that you can't stop listening to. So fun. The whole album is superb listening, a mix up of bpms, no song is average, its all 5 star. Then go listen to Parov Stelar.
Published on 19 Jan. 2010 by Mr. D. Macdonald

2.0 out of 5 stars whilst the skills on display are excellent and I would agree with some of the comments ...
Sorry, guys, but this album just didn't warm me up, whilst the skills on display are excellent and I would agree with some of the comments made, it was a bit repetative for me and I would say not a patch on Tape 5 or Caro if you like that particular style. A bit too frantic (and very French) for me in some respects. Clearly, other reviewers are 'on board' with this album,...
Published 1 month ago by PaulH

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Electro French Swing Sounds, 19 Jan. 2010
Mr. D. Macdonald "SkinnyD" (Brighton) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch., 16 May 2009
Mr. N. Grimes (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
I'm not one for buying albums without listening to 3 or 4 songs first, but, as soon as I heard Suzy, I had this on my mp3 player before I could spit. Not only do Caravan Palace combine classic electro with swing perfectly, but the catchy We Can Dance, Bambous and Je m'amuse will have you dancing for days.

There are no weak songs on this album. Each song is able to stand alone, whilst still blending immaculately as a whole collection of music. The mix of bass, percussions and violin is so unique and so fresh, I doubt anybody besides a collaboration of "Zazou" inspired musicians could pull it off.

Caravan Palace serve up festive, frantic music, an improbable futuristic and melodious Charleston fit for the dance floor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, but..., 22 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
A good and undoubtedly polished album this is, but I am less in awe of it than some of the other reviewers here. It certainly has some exceptionally strong tunes and the musicianship is excellent, but the novelty does wear thin for me after a while. I had the slight feeling there was some kind of formula at play. That said, it's a very enjoyable album, and credit is due for reinventing the spirit of Django Reinhardt and capturing the sound of Electro Swing so well...now check the other proponents of the genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eclectic, frenetic, fantastic electro-swing!, 29 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Caravan Palace (Audio CD)
An exceedingly rare album, this self-titled outing from Caravan Palace remains as fresh and individual as when it was first released. Though I do agree with another reviewer that the songs, played back-to-back, may seem a little formulaic, I would argue that it remains a highly enjoyable and very unique formula that has kept this album in my constant rotation for the best part of five years now and shows no sign of letting up.

Not one track on the album lets you down, or dips the unrelenting swing vibe the band have become so well known for, and each stands just as well individually or played through in one go. Tracks like "Jolie Coquine", "Brotherswing", "Suzy", "Je M'amuse" and "We Can Dance" remain all time favourites that will pop out of nowhere in my mind and refuse to go away until they're blaring round the house!

If you enjoy electro-swing then this is a must own album; if you've never sampled the genre but ere towards any form of beat heavy, fast paced music (dubstep, house, electro, blues, jazz) then I would definitely recommend Caravan Palace's personal take on this fusion over any others as a first step. And if, somehow, you've seen them live and are wondering if the album lives up to that performance? Well, it comes closer than almost any other band if seen/heard! Definitely pick it up and you'll be dancing like mad all over again.

Personally, they began as an instant love and have become an all time top tier band that I can imagine enjoying for decades to come. In fact, excuse me from doing any more of this review, but I have an increasingly overwhelming "Brotherswing" shaped itch to scratch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great!, 9 Jun. 2009
G. Mansfield (Maidstone, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
This is a great album, modern, vibrant, inventive....certainly reflects their live performances.
I love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jolly tunes, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
I heard one of the tunes whilst on holiday and Shazam'ed it to find out what it was. Ended up buying the whole album. Full of jolly tunes which are easy to listen to and remind me of my holiday in the sun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now Obsessed with this band and so are my friends., 21 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
Now Obsessed with this band and so are my friends. Amazing Electro swing sound. Can't wait to see them live in May now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking album!, 26 Jan. 2013
Mr. T. Kellett "soon to be 40" (Kent, England, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
This is a brilliant album.. i just love the way they've modernised swing music. Excellent for video background music! I particularly like tracks 4 and 9. I'd also recommend getting their latest album, Panic, which I also bought here on Amazon. Great prices too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure fun, 4 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
Was quite a mission to find this band, heard one of their songs as a small part of a large mix and loved the way they sounded. So after finding them, it was very exciting to say the least, and they definitely dont disappoint in any way. French Electro Swing is a pretty good category for them I'd say, not one you'd hear about often but for its unusualness.
I, and my flatmates, constantly play this album, its feel-good mixed with a rhythm to make you want to dance - even if you cant! Quirky and ecstatic, and they've become one of the most-played bands on my itunes :D
I really really highly recommend Caravan Palace. Not much more needs to be said.

5.0 out of 5 stars insanely cheerful, 29 Aug. 2010
David K. Allen "DYM" (Plymouth U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
playing this at regularly work it seems the common description of the music is insanely cheerful. This leads me to the simplest review ever written, if you like swing. if you like cheerful music, if you like a touch of insanity.........buy this this, you will not regret it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›