‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Electro French Swing Sounds, 19 Jan 2010
Mr. D. Macdonald "SkinnyD" (Brighton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
Fantastic. These guys play their own instruments as well, so its not juts old swing songs being remixed. An exciting blend of violins and accordians which create melodies that you can't stop listening to. So fun. The whole album is superb listening, a mix up of bpms, no song is average, its all 5 star. Then go listen to Parov Stelar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch., 16 May 2009
Mr. N. Grimes (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
I'm not one for buying albums without listening to 3 or 4 songs first, but, as soon as I heard Suzy, I had this on my mp3 player before I could spit. Not only do Caravan Palace combine classic electro with swing perfectly, but the catchy We Can Dance, Bambous and Je m'amuse will have you dancing for days.

There are no weak songs on this album. Each song is able to stand alone, whilst still blending immaculately as a whole collection of music. The mix of bass, percussions and violin is so unique and so fresh, I doubt anybody besides a collaboration of "Zazou" inspired musicians could pull it off.

Caravan Palace serve up festive, frantic music, an improbable futuristic and melodious Charleston fit for the dance floor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, but..., 22 Jan 2010
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
A good and undoubtedly polished album this is, but I am less in awe of it than some of the other reviewers here. It certainly has some exceptionally strong tunes and the musicianship is excellent, but the novelty does wear thin for me after a while. I had the slight feeling there was some kind of formula at play. That said, it's a very enjoyable album, and credit is due for reinventing the spirit of Django Reinhardt and capturing the sound of Electro Swing so well...now check the other proponents of the genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great!, 9 Jun 2009
G. Mansfield (Maidstone, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
This is a great album, modern, vibrant, inventive....certainly reflects their live performances.
I love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jolly tunes, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
I heard one of the tunes whilst on holiday and Shazam'ed it to find out what it was. Ended up buying the whole album. Full of jolly tunes which are easy to listen to and remind me of my holiday in the sun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now Obsessed with this band and so are my friends., 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
Now Obsessed with this band and so are my friends. Amazing Electro swing sound. Can't wait to see them live in May now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking album!, 26 Jan 2013
Mr. T. Kellett "soon to be 40" (Kent, England, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
This is a brilliant album.. i just love the way they've modernised swing music. Excellent for video background music! I particularly like tracks 4 and 9. I'd also recommend getting their latest album, Panic, which I also bought here on Amazon. Great prices too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure fun, 4 Dec 2010
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
Was quite a mission to find this band, heard one of their songs as a small part of a large mix and loved the way they sounded. So after finding them, it was very exciting to say the least, and they definitely dont disappoint in any way. French Electro Swing is a pretty good category for them I'd say, not one you'd hear about often but for its unusualness.
I, and my flatmates, constantly play this album, its feel-good mixed with a rhythm to make you want to dance - even if you cant! Quirky and ecstatic, and they've become one of the most-played bands on my itunes :D
I really really highly recommend Caravan Palace. Not much more needs to be said.

5.0 out of 5 stars insanely cheerful, 29 Aug 2010
David K. Allen "DYM" (Plymouth U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
playing this at regularly work it seems the common description of the music is insanely cheerful. This leads me to the simplest review ever written, if you like swing. if you like cheerful music, if you like a touch of insanity.........buy this this, you will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Caravan Palace, 28 April 2010
A. Smith (Newcast;le UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caravan Palace (MP3 Download)
marvellous - perfect - happy - marvellous - you can not listen to this without a smile appearing - this should be on perscription.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›