Size: X-Small (Regular)|Colour: Black|Change

on 27 June 2012
Purchased the Large-33.

They pack down fairly well; the side zip comes up from the ankle to mid hip so it is possible to access pockets in the trousers/shorts underneath. Second to keeping you dry they are very easy to remove/put-on without the need to take off walking boots, with more than enough space to avoid covering the inside of them in mud from the boots as well.

All in all excellent value for money. If I could change anything on them I'd probably have included a stuff sock for it, side pockets as well... but at sub £50 they do their job well.

While I fit smack in the middle of a 32-34 waist, I had to chose between medium & large; given it is an over trouser and some comments had suggested ensure you go up in size rather than down if borderline I went for the large, these are indeed a perfect fit. The longer leg is also perfect for my height (6' 1"); these have proven durable in the British weather so far for treks, with the leg comfortably sitting over the boot without scuffing the ground.
22 comments|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 March 2010
Light weight, waterproof, breathable. Happy with product.
I had to buy a size bigger than I would normally wear.
33 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 April 2010
Having had a number of "waterproof" overtrousers over the years and been disappointed when in a heavy downpour water seeped throught were the bottom of your waterproof coat met the trousers, this Berghaus DELUGE item certainly lived up to its name when I used them when a cloud burst downpoor caught me when out fen walking. The water was running off me like a waterfall but when I returned home I was totally dry! Would really recommend these to all who likes to keep dry!
0Comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 December 2009
They have been up Snowdon and also used almost daily in the recent bad weather. There is nothing to complain about the quality or the level of its waterproof properties. When used it is worth checking that the sides have been closed by the poppers which cover the side zips. If this is done then they are fully waterproof.
on 22 October 2010
Fabulous item. Perfect fit + looks great. Ideal for wearing over trousers and keeps water out as well as being an extra layer for keeping your legs warm---high quality as always from Berghaus---beautifully made and I like the strong zips----quality sells.Well worth the extra cost compared to cheaper alternatives that don't stand the test of time or durability. This is my 2nd pair, bought because somebody nicked the other pair. Super fast delivery as always from Amazon.
on 1 October 2010
BOUGHT THESE FOR MY TRIP TO SNOWDON. WORE THEM IN HEAVY SHOWERS AND UP THE MOUNTAIN. CAME DOWN BONE DRY UNDERNEATH. EXCELLENT ITEM. RECOMMENDED.
on 19 November 2011
These are the best over-trousers I have ever used. The zipper down the outside of the legs makes them very easy to put on .They keep you dry without restricting your movements and they don't slide off your waist like the last pair I had. I ordered two sizes larger than normal this helps with bending and stretching.
Wish they had a fly, but would this compromise waterproofing?.
on 19 January 2010
A bit expensive, but when you have worn them in the snow and wind whilst out with the dog, you then appreciate the quality and comfort that they provide.
Good investment !!!
on 5 January 2015
These trousers are exactly what I was after. I have the black Rg1 jacket and while these trousers are ever so slightly shinier, they match. They are also quieter than expected when walking, you do not sound like a mobile crip packet. They appear to allow your skin to breath while wearing which is good as other waterproof trousers I have owned have caused me to sweat to the point where it defeats the purpose them being waterproof!
Not had a heavy downpour as yet to test them in, but the light showers over the last couple of days have been no trouble for these while out walking the dog (20+ minutes).
I bought XL version, have a 36" waist, and these fit fine over trousers or jeans. The zip at the size means you can put on and off, even with walking boots on.
All in all, very happy with my purchase.

UPDATE: Had first outing when the heavens were fully open for business and these kept me perfectly dry. Also as I get two trains to work, the transition from cold wet outside into warmer carriage climates for 1+ hours remained comfortable and Miss Betty Swallocks was nowhere to be seen. They also fold away fine and can fit into front pocket of my laptop bag easily. Highly recommended product.
on 7 October 2010
You pay for the brand, and you get quality. But still pricey for what it is..
By the way...careful with the sizes....You need XL for a 180 cms or 6 feet person..otherwise water in the ankles and too tight waist.