5.0 out of 5 stars 75cm NBF birthing ball
Love it! Am delighted with my new birth ball, I'm 36wks now, and its the most comfy thing to sit on. I'm 5'9 and the ball is really firm and supportive and plenty big enough, I haven't needed to inflate it to its full size. It arrived within a couple of days of ordering. The instructions are helpful and I really love the colour.
Published on 15 Mar 2012 by KarenBas

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing.
Once blown up the ball is filthy inside with lots of black dirty marks. It's looks awful and is very disappointing. The package the ball came in was not sealed and I wonder if another customer had returned for this reason.
Published 5 months ago by Sarah McChristie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 75cm NBF birthing ball, 15 Mar 2012
This review is from: 75cm Natural Birth & Fitness Birthing Ball & Pump - NBF Birth Ball (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars My only regret is not buying it sooner, 16 April 2013
I wasn't sure which ball to buy due to the different sizes available but settled on 75cm. I procrastinated before taking the plunge (prompted by the realisation that I had 3 weeks until due date) but I am glad I did. At my booking appointment, I was 5'9"/5'10" but I have since 'lost' height and now measure 5'7" and the ball is still ok for me (thankfully my legs are still a 34" inside measurement)

For a start, I received the item within 48 hours of placing the order so kudos to supplier for that one. This is highly significant as it meant I could get a bit of crafty bouncing in before the big day. Chairs, sofas have become uncomfortable as my knees are raised a lot higher than my hips and getting up is also an issue. Once you get used to the inflated ball, it becomes comfortable and good fun as you can rock your pelvis or just sit still. Apparently, this is excellent for foetal positioning and for labour preparation. For me, this is significant as I am aware that I have an anterior placenta so a posterior presentation may be my fate. I am, therefore, keen to do anything I can to try and get this baby into the best postion possible for labour.

You will get to a stage of inflation where you think it is fully pumped but, when you measure it with the tape provided, you discover that you haven't inflated it enough. You will need to be brave and persevere in order to reap the most benefit. You know you have cracked it when your hips are higher than your knees (approx 8-10cm.

Pump, tape measure and an exercise guide included in package.

I plan to use the ball in the early stages of an active labour to minimise discomfort.

I will provide an update in respect of the labour and post natal benefits in due course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and does the job!, 7 Aug 2012
I bought this to help with SPD & birth & post natal exercises. It's great quality & fairly easy to assemble (well, so my husband tells me.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Prompt delivery - shame the pump was broken, 31 Jan 2013
I ordered this ball and it came within 48 hours - the product itself is great and I use it all the time to sit and watch TV! But the pump was broken when we opened the packaging so we had to use our own which didn't fit properly and it took ages to get it up to the required size ( I mean over an hour). It looked like it was broken before packing as the piece that was missing was not in the packaging.Shame - would have given it five stars if it weren't for this

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 13 Feb 2014
Perfect for pre and post pregnancy and even other half also used! Good quality. Pump worked well. Good size too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 3 Feb 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars birth ball, 26 Aug 2013
I couldn’t use the ball because the pump was not working. When you receive a new product you expect it to work especially when you are due in 3 weeks… Going to return it tomorrow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 24 April 2013
We have no complaints with this large ball. Inflation took about 10 minutes, and two weeks later it needed a little more air, but the ball is doing exactly what it should do.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great quality ball, 14 Mar 2012
I'm so delighted with this birthball - it's far better quality than I expected. I did have a normal gym ball, but it burst, luckily when my partner was sitting on it not me! Just shows it's better to have a specialist ball, that is anti-burst, it's not worth the risk when you're pregnant. This one is lovely material, good smell,lovely colour, very good quality. Also the leaflet with photos and advice is great, I hadn't seen some of that before. Service very speedy, arrived within 2 days.

4.0 out of 5 stars great purchase, 2 May 2014
A. Bouriak "Anna B" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The ball was a great purchase for third trimester and helps when the baby's head is engaged and you need to sit on something small. It was the last thing I wanted to use once I was in early labour though and bouncing on it in the last few weeks wasn't the most comfortable experience - but that's nothing to do with the quality of the product.
Great that it comes with a pump, it's a hand pump so gives you a good workout too!!! : )

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›