on 29 December 2014
Good, sturdy ball of surprisingly decent quality. There are some complaints amongst other reviewers about the pump - either they were unlucky or we were lucky, but we've found the supplied pump really good. It's obviously the cheapest component, being made of basic black plastic, but it delivers a good high pressure from a short push - easy to get the ball inflated in under five minutes, and all without getting a hernia using an annoying foot pump!

I will say that my partner found the ball too squishy at 65cm, so we've overinflated it (which obviously risks it bursting sooner rather than later), but it seems to hold the extra pressure fine. The colour is also a little different from the picture - more of a salmon pink, really - but that's to be expected with carefully lit product photos, I suppose!

Last but not least, the plug that secures the air is a really snug fit, so removing it can be tricky (especially when over-inflated), but on the plus side, this gives a lot of peace of mind that it's not going to accidentally pop out when bouncing on it. All in all, this was a very satisfactory purchase for the price - recommended.
on 12 February 2014
Good ball, happy with purchase, though ball slightly softer than expected despite being fully inflated to 65cm. Consider sizing if you're close to the 5'8'' boundary - the instruction booklet says you can buy the 75cm version and inflate it just to 70cm. Think I would have done this if I had realised as I'm somewhere between 5'7'' and 5'8'' with legs on the longer side and this 65cm version is borderline in terms of hips being a fraction higher than knees. Instruction booklet is informative but definitely closer to leaflet than book.
on 24 March 2012
I'm so pleased I bought one. I'm 5'7 and wondered if I maybe should
buy the bigger size, but glad I didn't, the 65cm one is fine for me.
The colour is really nice compared to the other brightly coloured ones
you get. I have been doing some of the exercises it comes with and
will definitely be taking it to hospital with me.
on 3 February 2015
I bounced around on this a lot before I gave birth. I have no idea whether the ball helped the birth, but it was a good place to sit when I couldn't get comfortable, and I never felt as though it was going to pop under me. It's absolutely huge and very ugly, it will look horrible in your lounge, but it's worth it.
on 23 September 2014
The product is very high quality and comfortably takes the weight of either my pregnant wife or myself. The provided pump, while not amazing, did appear to be doing a good job of inflating however I switched to using a floor-standing bike pump for ease. Do not expect to use an electric pump as for an airbed, as it says in the instructions it will not have the pressure to pump the ball sufficiently. I suspect a compressor for car tyres would be fine.

A note on the sizing. For an "average weight" pregnant woman the sizing is probably correct. However I would suggest that if you are towards the upper end of the height for a specific size that you consider the next size up. For example my wife is around 5'6" and a size 18 pre-pregnancy and the 65cm ball proved to be just slightly too small - not uncomfortably so but her knees are around level with her hips as opposed to the recommended 8-10cm below.

It's still an excellent product and does feel very solid (for a squishy ball) so I have no doubt that it would take a fair bit more weight without any issues. The exercise instructions are also a nice touch. We are buying the larger size for my wife and giving this one to a slightly smaller, also pregnant friend.
on 28 May 2015
I received the ball and pump but the pump was smashed and unusable therefore the ball is unusable
review image
on 10 January 2016
Well there isn't much to say about an inflatable ball but it is as described, comes with a nice colour leaflet with postions to use the birthing ball pre and post birth. The inflation tape measure is super handy and really is a great aid to inflation.

Why only 3 stars, the pumps diaphragm broke within the first 5 minutes of pumping so the air free flowed from if as you collapsed it ready to put more air into the ball.

Fortunately I have a mains powered air pump for camp beds etc... so was able to finish inflating the ball. I'm not sure how long it would have taken with the included plastic pump to inflate the ball.

All in all a good purchased and the wife is finding it useful however the pump might need a redesign or I might have had a faulty pump. I'll leave you to decide.
on 20 June 2015
This thing was brilliant for the 1st few weeks I used it. Comfortable & squishy in just the right way & inflated to a much better size than average exercise balls. Then I noticed the rubber was inexplicably wearing away/thin in various spots on the ball. Eventually one of the worn spots gave way completely & it punctured. Really annoyed about it, especially as it happened literally the day my baby was due leaving me little to no time to sort out a replacement. So, sadly, I can't say I'd recommend it, particularly as it's a bit expensive for what is more or less an exercise ball.
on 17 March 2016
Have been using this since week 37 of pregnancy (now approaching 41 weeks) and despite my initial reservations it has been a great help in alleviating the aches and pains. At 5'4" the 65cm diameter seems to suit my height perfectly - in fact I'm sat comfortably on it right now as I type.

Note that the black marks mentioned by other reviewers are present but don't bother me so much as you can barely see them unless held up to the light. Not the cheapest ball of it's type out there but I'm glad I paid that little bit extra for the quality.
on 22 June 2015
Very professional and safe item, everything in good working order. Bought this for a friend who had previously been trying to use a normal gym ball in her pregnancy and had been struggling with it, and you can see the difference immediately - the size is better, the pump is easier and it is a lot more sturdy/safe. The tape measure which shows when you have got it to the right size is helpful (although we actually had it a bit smaller in the end). It is a bit more expensive than normal gym balls but it is worth paying the extra money.

See one answered question