5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Buy
I'm so pleased I bought one. I'm 5'7 and wondered if I maybe should
buy the bigger size, but glad I didn't, the 65cm one is fine for me.
The colour is really nice compared to the other brightly coloured ones
you get. I have been doing some of the exercises it comes with and
will definitely be taking it to hospital with me.
Published on 24 Mar 2012 by KL

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small!
I purchased the ball as I am 5'6" but the ball is much too small for me. To sit on the ball properly as a pregnant woman, your knees should be below your pelvis. I would recommend this ball for ladies 5'4" and under, not 5'6" like me. When the ball is inflated, it only measures 55 cm, a full 10 cm off the advertised size.
Published 5 months ago by SJS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Buy, 24 Mar 2012
This review is from: 65cm Natural Birth & Fitness Birthing Ball & Pump - NBF Birth Ball (Kitchen & Home)
I'm so pleased I bought one. I'm 5'7 and wondered if I maybe should
buy the bigger size, but glad I didn't, the 65cm one is fine for me.
The colour is really nice compared to the other brightly coloured ones
you get. I have been doing some of the exercises it comes with and
will definitely be taking it to hospital with me.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great comfort, 20 Feb 2012
I purchased this ball after attending antenatal classes and trying one out for labour-positions work. I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant and finding this really useful for my back pain and helping baby get into a good position. Its really comfy and takes the weight off my back so I would recommend it if you're finding it hard to get comfortable sitting down. I will be using this when I'm in labour and also post-natal so the leaflet with suggested positions and exercises is especially helpful. The ball is fairly easy to pump up and takes about 15 minutes to get to full size. The ball arrived extremely quickly after ordering so I can't fault delivery. A very good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels safe, 22 Mar 2013
I feel really safe sitting and bouncing on this birthing ball. I don't feel in any danger of it popping. It was easy to inflate and I liked that it came with the measuring tape to ensure that it was inflated correctly. It is a nice colour too, not garish like some balls available, so it doesn't look too bad in my living room. The exercise leaflet has been useful too. Using this to sit on really helped stop my hips becoming too painful when the nesting instinct kicked in recently and I started sorting the house out and decorating. So much more comfortable than sitting on the sofa. I would recommend it for any pregnant lady suffering from pelvic pain! It doesn't quite get a full star rating from me though because it is quite expensive compared to others available, and I'm not convinced that a cheaper one would be any less effective!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 25 Mar 2012
Ball arrived next day. Love the colour. Love its firmness. Instructions very clear. Exercises just right - not too strenuous. Thanks :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver to gv comfort, 21 Mar 2014
Lifesaver to gv comfort. No negative about this maybe price cld be lower but this has help me a lot with back pain. Ive also used it like a chair watching tv etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Good ball, 21 Mar 2014
Ms. Jade L. Bailey "J. Bailey" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I am 5'6 and it seems like the right size for me - my knees are below my pelvis when I sit on the ball.
The ball seems very thick and hard wearing, and I have bounced up and down on it a lot so it's hard to imagine what someone would have to do to actually pop it!
It's also quite a nice, natural colour rather than anything too eye catching, which is important if you plan to use it months before and after labour as it would seem to take over the room otherwise.
It is a little difficult to pump up to the full size because it seemed full by the time it was 3/4 of its full size and it felt like the air inside the ball was resisting the pump and kept popping it out, but I think that is probably normal for pumping something of this nature up. It does come with a handy tape which you can wrap around the ball while you pump so you know when it is full size.
The booklet that comes with it also has lots of ideas about exercises/positions you can do with the ball and I thought the pictures made the instructions very clear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - sizing options not clear in description, 12 Feb 2014
Good ball, happy with purchase, though ball slightly softer than expected despite being fully inflated to 65cm. Consider sizing if you're close to the 5'8'' boundary - the instruction booklet says you can buy the 75cm version and inflate it just to 70cm. Think I would have done this if I had realised as I'm somewhere between 5'7'' and 5'8'' with legs on the longer side and this 65cm version is borderline in terms of hips being a fraction higher than knees. Instruction booklet is informative but definitely closer to leaflet than book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Other half likes it, 9 Jan 2014
Seems to be very tough. I believe its claim that if it ever bursts it will do it slowly. That was the main reason I ordered it, I didn't want any ball to burst and deflate rapidly. The ball makes large claims to the amount of weight it can take, again this would not surprise me. Very high quality and safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Dec 2013
Love this birth ball, helping me sit comfortable at home during my third trimester, will be taking it to the hospital for labour

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 5 Dec 2013
Absolutely delighted with ball as it was really beneficial during pregnancy to ease how the baby was lying. I would recommend to anyone to have one for labour as it kept me active and was great when breathing through my contractions. Also, good to work stomach muscles after labour. Definitely worth a buy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›