on 28 July 2013
These are amazing. I've had so many different ice trays and they all had some kind of issue. These are absolutely great...

The top is soft plastic; nice and bendable. Some pro's

- no more drips and drops of water as you carry it from the sink to the freezer
- everything stays nicely in place and forms perfect ice cubes
- hygienic; the lid stops things falling onto the ice from other items in the freezer
- keeps out odour; we have fish/meat in the freezer and this helps keep those smells out

Overall - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED especially at a price less than £3 inc. delivery. Well worth it.

UPDATE:
The plastic is very rigid / tough and once frozen it can easily break. Unfortunately, that's what happened to mine. A bit snapped as I was trying to remove the lid. I've removed one star for this reason. The best thing to do is run it under a tap (cold) for a few seconds before attempting to open the lid. This will ensure its a little softer and easier to remove the lid without breaking any plastic around the edges.
on 24 April 2013
These are brilliant. I usually slop water everywhere when taking ice cube tray to fridge, but not with one of these. Have just seen something similar in a catalogue at four times the price,
on 2 May 2013
we love this item it is so much,.. finally we found very good ice cube tray.... we tried so bad and we bought so many and nothing worked but this ones does
on 16 January 2014
Very simple but useful product. Easy to remove the ice but tapping gently the tray on the worktop when the lid is still on. Easy to re-fill and put it back in the freezer with the lid.
on 27 August 2013
They do what you'd expect. Spillage is minimised. However the corner of one of lids snapped off, which is surprising because they otherwise appear to be of high quality.
on 29 March 2013
Initially brought for baby food but can see using these for various purposes in the future. Great quality product, especially at the price i purchased these at.
on 5 October 2014
These trays are brilliant. I have used them for ice cube and to freeze purées for my 6 month old. The lid is useful for no spilling when filling with ice cubes and also to protect the purées for baby food. The only negative thing I have to say is that they need a good tap to get the ice cubes out but this has never bothered me. In fact, I have purchase 2 ice cube trays and am about to purchase more.
on 11 March 2014
keeps my frezzer tidy no spills of water great if it was silicone it would be even better, would buy again
on 28 December 2015
Don't know why I haven't known about these lidded ice cube trays - they are such a simple but practical idea ! The lid prevents spillage of water when you refill the tray and head for the freezer and more importantly you avoid packaging from other items in your freezer sticking onto exposed ice cubes (not to mention stray bits of frozen herbs infiltrating your ice cubes). Last but not least, the fact that the tray has a lid means you can stack the trays on top of each other in the freezer.
on 17 March 2016
These are brilliant. They don't make the biggest cubes evee but I'll take slightly smaller cubes over attempting to get from the sink to the freezer without spilling and then attempting to get it into the top drawer of the freezer and get the drawer closed without stopping the water everywhere (and having it freeze everywhere but in the tray).

I find that it's best to bash the box slightly before taking the lid off and the cubes out. It separates and loosens the cubes.