4.0 out of 5 stars misleading packaging but great product
Published 23 months ago by Angel

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish packaging
This advent calendar has been a nightmare! All the moshling figures fall out of their windows into the one below, so it's spoilt the surprise having to get the whole cheap blister packing out to rearrange the moshlings. Not what you need every morning before school.
Published 21 months ago by Catwomanga

4.0 out of 5 stars misleading packaging but great product, 4 Oct 2012
Angel - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Moshi Monsters Moshi Advent Calendar (Toy)
When I received this ready to have before the big day I was initially very disappointed and ready to send it straight back as the packaging makes it look like from the photos and the description that the box contains series 1 normal moshlings, most of which we already own, and as if there are only only a couple of christmas ones; for a fan it looked like an issue. Further investigation (opening a flap on the box and having a very good look pulling out the tray to see everything) revealed, to my huge relief, a fantastic array of normal sized Moshlings including Mr Snoodles made over as a Christmas pudding, a Mini Ben dressed as a present and Iggy in a christmas hat - it also made me think for a 43 year old I maybe know too many moshling names. There are 7 special christmas ones and the rest are moshlings in shades of translucent blue and green - so what looked poor from the packaging turns out to be a really good product.

The box is quite thick and the front folds down to make a display area, no assembly just a window to open everyday and a proper sized christmassy themed moshling inside. My daughter is going to love the moshlings and the surprise of getting a different one every day I know, but whoever designed the back of the packaging really should have made it clearer what is inside as there is no way of knowing that this calender is not a disappointment (if I'd seen it on a shelf rather than buying on amazon I would never have bought it), hence this review.

Don't be put off by the ambiguous product description here or the packaging of the box, this is a great advent calendar that any moshi fan is going to love, and actually for 25 moshlings the price is pretty good too, and I would have given it 5 stars were it not for the misleading packaging. If you are the parent of a moshi fan you will understand that there's no price you can put on 25 little bits of plastic happiness, one for each day up to Christmas. Recommended, for what's inside, not the box.

Edited to add - a couple of reviewers have given this one star as they say there are no windows - there are, you just need to open a sellotaped closed flap to reveal them, this folds down to make a display area for the moshlings - again this should be clearer on the box possibly. Oh and my daughter was indeed thrilled with this - day one was Angel with a red nose and reindeer horns, roaring success and I think might just make her Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - don't worry about the box!, 23 Oct 2012
This review is from: Moshi Monsters Moshi Advent Calendar (Toy)
I am so thankful to angel for their review because I was in a mouse-clicking panic about an advent calendar containing moshlings they already have, but I opened the tray as they suggested and they are all lovely Christmassy ones. I am sooo relieved! Funny how these little plastic things have made us parents all a bit bonkers too. It's cute and my 8 year old boy and 5 year old girl are going to love theirs. And yes you just have to open the flap at the front to reveal the windows just like you do with all these gift advent calendars.

5.0 out of 5 stars great way to pick up moshlings and not get doubles., 3 Oct 2012
LornaA (Surrey) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Moshi Monsters Moshi Advent Calendar (Toy)
I bought this for my moshi mad daughter as its a really good way to get 24 different moshlings, no doubles or blind bag randomness, I bought this because there was no way I was going to buy packets and packets of the smaller winter wonderland sets in the hope of getting a decent collection. This is a very large calender, think of the regular chocolate ones you buy in supermarkets this is slightly bigger and about 3 or 4 times deeper, the picture you see on the front is a flip open cover that is secured by tape, so cut that and it opens like a book, then you need to turn it on its side as its actually a horizontal display. So the flip out cover is now laying flat on your table or whatever and then the advent holes are on the standing up bit, so bear in mind that this takes up a fair bit of room and there is no way to latch it shut each day. The picture and description on the back is very confusing as to the actual moshlings inside, so much so that I actually opened it from the bottom and had a peek inside. It contains 7 regular moshlings with santa hats or snow etc and the other 17 are the winter wonderland, which is the see through blue and green ones that are on the product picture, also on some of the days are some codes for free stuff. Yes its quite expensive, but its cheaper this way on amazon than buying the packs seperately and I believe the only way to get the regular moshling in an xmas style is through this calendar. Last year I bought one of the value moshling packs to put daily in our advent calendar but it turned out we mostly already had them. This will definatley keep your moshi fan happy!
UPDATE after actual use we have found that the calendar doesnt actual stand up by itself, the cardboard is a touch too flimsy, which means it falls forward on itself and the flat scene at the bottom doesn't stay flat, also the plastic insert that holds the moshis isnt great, as it kept falling forward they all ended up at the bottom so on day 13, empty hole! had to open it out reset all the moshlings and now its sitting leaning back and propped up from behind. All these things are very noticeable as its sat next to a lego city advent calendar which sits upright, stays flat and all the lego stays in the right place the cardboard is stronger, the plastic insert a much better fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for moshi fans, 24 Oct 2012
This review is from: Moshi Monsters Moshi Advent Calendar (Toy)
I can't wait for 1st December when I give this to my two moshi fans, they will be over the moon and 21 is a great price for 24 moshi monsters with no doubles. Am looking forward to using it as bribery what better way to get them dressed in the morning than the promise of a moshi!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advent calendar, 24 Oct 2012
This review is from: Moshi Monsters Moshi Advent Calendar (Toy)
My daughter is obsessed with moshi monsters, so when I heard about their advent calendar I quickly searched for it online. Needless to say when I saw the price of it my jaw hit the floor. Then after some research I realised it costs about 20 to get 20 moshlings anyway and the likelyhood of getting doubles and triples is very high in the mystery packs. You get 24 moshlings, all different and some you can only get with this pack. Most are the trasnparent blue colour but some have been remolded with christmas hats on etc. I paid 22 for it and it turned up straight away. The box is quite big but after having a look inside at the moshlings I know that my daughter is going to be over the moon when she gets it in december. Worth the money if you have a moshi mad kid

4.0 out of 5 stars A real must for any Moshi Monster fan, 7 Oct 2012
This review is from: Moshi Monsters Moshi Advent Calendar (Toy)
Now I know if you have a Moshi Monster fan in the house as parents we should by now feel a bit ripped off by the various things that come with one or more of these monsters on them. From cheap sweets to some things that chats to the kids in a language that no one understand nd to the vast amount of packs of cards that we have to buy so that they can "HAVE A COLLECTION" !!!!!!! Now nothing is really worth the money when it comes to kids collections as we and countless other generations before us . Remember football cards of the latest players, Pokemen cards (no idea what they were) and various other things that we may have collected over the years and that are now lost in either someones weird nerdy collection or have ben thron away over the years.....

Now not wanting to resort to spending a further fortune on MOSHLING packs I was asked for not the usual cheaper 3.00 Chocalate advent calenders this year for my twin daughetrs but this Moshi Monster Advent calender. When I came around after seeing the price of the thing I looked into what they would be getting. So for 21.99 on AMAZON (bearing in mind it 25 everywhere else) I found that they got 24 Moshings and based on the average pack of 5 Moshlings in a normal pack is 5 then they are getting more moslings for their money. So what about the doublers that we allways get with the packs well.... Yes they are all Series 1 moshlings but they are all special edition with what looks like frost or snow on them ( I know cos I opened the box completely and seen the contents)also you get some of the standard ones such as the legendary IGGY which is normal but has a santa hat on. There are about 6 or 7 normal ones that are dressed in a festive theme such as presents and things so they are not wquite the same as the others in the collection.

So all in all I must arrive at the concussion that they are good value for money if the kids are into Moshi Monsters and you have 22 to spare on an advent calender. I have twins and in an effort to show them the value of sharing as I have alwways done we have only bought one Calender so they can share. Also I am not that stupid to waste my money on two of these things !!!!!!

So finally Yes I would pay the money for them (as I already have) and as they are no doublers of what my kids have already and would say that they will be hard to find when word gets around that they are available.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 18 Oct 2012
This review is from: Moshi Monsters Moshi Advent Calendar (Toy)
what a great product. some may say your mad at paying that price but if you look at some of the individual ones people are selling they range from 5 to 9 EACH. these work out less than 1 each. what a bargain. and of course the kids will go crazy and its christmas fun.
packaging is ok but at the end its going in recycle anyway.
yes you do have to lift flap up to see windows as some people havnt noticed that and sent back.
end of the day its great. its fun and the kids will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best advent calendar for a Moshi fan, 3 Nov 2012
This review is from: Moshi Monsters Moshi Advent Calendar (Toy)
I read the reviews before buying yesterday. My daughter will love it. 24 days of Moshi fun in the run up to Christmas - I've already been told I'm the best Mum ever when the box arrived.

5.0 out of 5 stars moshi monster advent calender, 17 Oct 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Moshi Monsters Moshi Advent Calendar (Toy)
bought this for my daughter who is 8 and she is loves moshi monster and will go mad wen she finds out whats inside :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: Moshi Monsters Moshi Advent Calendar (Toy)
This advent calendar is fantastic for any Moshi fan! This is for my 9 year old son and he will be completely over the moon when he gets this to open on 1December! A different figure every day - such a wonderful idea. I hope there will be one next year too!!

Moshi Monsters Moshi Advent Calendar