We have now purchased nearly all of the Vtech Toot Toot Drivers range for our son, after having just purchased these vehicles along with the VTech Toot Toot Drivers Emergency Vehicles (Pack of 3) and Toot Toot Drivers Construction Site (Multi-Coloured) towards his Christmas present. Thankfully there were no issues (as with the Emergency Vehicles) as the set Amazon sent to us did contain the 'newer style' emergency vehicles and so it would appear that they have finally exhausted their 'older style' vehicle stock.

Newer Style Vs Older Style:-
Although the VTech Toot-Toot Drivers Garage,Vtech Toot Toot Driver Traffic Tracks,VTech Toot Toot Drivers Car Carrier and Toot Toot Drivers Connecting Tracks that we have are the 'old style' versions, all of the rest of the Toot Toot range including the new set of VTech Toot Toot Drivers Everyday Vehicles (Pack of 3) that we recently purchased are all the 'newer style' versions and so I wanted to ensure that all newly purchased Toot Toot products are the 'newer style' to prevent any interaction problems. I contacted Vtech to query this and they confirmed that with the 'older style' cars, garage etc it was the actual garage that held all of the programmed information whilst the 'newer style' has the actual vehicles storing all of the greetings and information etc. Vtech informed me that the 'older style' garage etc will happily correspond with the 'newer style' vehicles as they have manufactured them to do this however the 'older style' vehicles wouldn't work properly with the 'newer style' sets such as the garage etc. To explain to anyone who isn't aware; Vtech changed the complete design of the Toot Toot range very shortly after the range's actual launch and I think this was within even six months of each other (although not precisely sure of the actual dates) and so a lot of parents like us had already purchased a lot of the 'older style' range, only to discover that the 'newer style' smart point's didn't work properly with the ranges already bought - very infuriating when you have spent a lot of money on them all! I can confirm that the 'newer style' vehicles work perfectly with the 'old style' play pieces such as the garage etc as the 'newer style' vehicles have both the old pressure points on the bottom of them as well as the new pressure points, however the 'older style' vehicles do not work with the new smart point technology on the newer ranges such as the construction site etc.

These new vehicles thankfully have different sounding voices on them and it would appear that Vtech have listened to feedback from parents regarding the old ones having the one child voicing the entire range which I personally found got on my nerves a lot as every vehicle sounded exactly the same albeit with different phrases. Other than the new vehicles being programmed with all of the information as opposed to the garage etc being programmed with it that is about where the differences stop apart from obviously the old vehicles won't interact with the new sets but that the new vehicles will interact with both old and new. So if you are wondering if you have the new or old style vehicles then simply look on the underneath of them and if you have a set of teeth at the front end and the back end of the vehicle then you have the new style but if you only have one set of teeth near the back then you have the old style.

The three vehicles in this pack are the tractor, truck and the cement mixer and each different vehicle sings different songs about itself along with actually describing what those vehicles do in real life - which I thought was a nice touch. For example the truck sings "Load up the goods, stops to make, friends to greet, one stop here, one stop there, all aboard deliveries everywhere" along with other phrases and songs. The cement mixer sings "Mix, mix, mix cement ready to begin, driving to the building site, come let's all dig in" along with other phrases. The tractors sings "I am heading to the fields for plowing and planting" along with other phrases and songs. They all have a little light up face on the front of them as well and are meant to interact with the garage and other accessories. One 'gripe' I have is that we now have three trucks as we got a truck free with the car carrier, one with the everyday vehicles set and one with this set so it would be nice if they had thought up a different vehicle in both the construction and everyday vehicle sets or even another dumper truck in with the construction vehicles as these seem to only be supplied with the construction site. No volume button has yet been introduced although you can just turn them off as they can become a bit overwhelming and annoying especially if you have all nine plus vehicles playing at the same time!

Our one and final part of the currently released Toot Toot Drivers range that we now need to get for our son is the Vtech Toot Toot Driver Fire Station which I believe our friend is getting him for Christmas so until they introduce more of the range (which I am sure they will) our son is one very lucky little boy with the whole range...hmmmm I wonder just how much more singing mad vehicles etc we can take!
on 6 January 2014
This was bought to go with the garage. The vehicles are sturdy and easy to push, very noisy but my granddaughter loves that!! ( they can be switched off)
on 21 January 2013
A must if you have the toot toot garage as the garage only comes with one vehicle. They all switch on independantly of each other so you can try and minimise the noise, the 3 of them on together gets a bit much after a while, expecially if the garage is on as well. Overall, a good buy and keeps my 15 month old little boy occupied, he of course, likes everything switched on together and has now learned how to flip all of the swtiches.
on 19 May 2014
I had never heard of Toot Toot products until I became a mum in December. I've started collecting toys now for my sons birthday and stumbled across Toot Toot drivers and saw the brilliant reviews on the range of products. This is the first set I bought and I'm definitely not disappointed. The catchphrases are so charming and the cars are easy for little hands to hold. Will definitely be investing in more VTECH baby Toot Toot toys!
on 23 September 2013
These toys are amazing Fun and a delight to all kids from about 6m + they light up and sing when their faces are pushed and sing away when the hit the interactive contact points on the toot toot garage and other accessories.

Well worth the money and educational as well as fun cannot say enough how great they are to vtech
on 14 February 2013
Not my favorite toys as they are quite a bit noisy, but you can switch it off so it is a good point. My girls 1.5y & 3.5y love them. I bought that as a addition to VTech garage and girls spend hours either playing with them or fighting over them :) I would recommend this for toddlers - say 1-2 years old.
on 7 May 2013
My little boy got these for his first birthday. He's now 20 months old and still plays with them everyday. Whilst the tunes they play might drive me round the twist they are still the best toy in his toybox - an excellent buy!
on 13 May 2013
(same review for all the toot toots weve brouht) "toot toot" my girls love em i have 3 girls 9 month 2, and 5 and they all love the "toot toot" range some of the things seam a bit pricy but all come with batterys and provide hours of fun, there is only one thing that lets the whole range down and thats the track, it only connects one way round if you look closer on any pics with track you will see now ive pointed it out, i would say the garge has provided the most fun so id recomend that as a starter with the construction set (cement mixer, truck and tractor if i remember right). all vehicles have there own voice and sayings and sing a song relevent to there job.
on 1 January 2013
bought for 18 month old grandson as accessories for toot toot garage. Bit pricey but made from strong and sturdy material, ideal for toddlers hands. i would reccomend for any young toddler from 1 year plus.
on 2 March 2013
Yet again another brilliant product from v-tech. Purchased for my 15 month old grandson who thoroughly enjoys playing with them. A toy that will still be in use in years to come. Excellent value.

See one answered question