4.0 out of 5 stars It's cold. And it's getting colder...
Here we go again...

Yhis is the second half of the fifth book in the series of fantasy novels 'A Song of Ice and Fire.' Currently being dramatised on tv as 'Game of Thrones' although they're only in the middle of book two at the time of writing.

This is not a good jumping on point, and new readers should start with A Song of Ice and Fire (1) - A Game...
Published on 8 May 2012 by Paul Tapner

3.0 out of 5 stars Plodding at times
Like most reviewers I feel this is all getting too drawn out now and this book left me more frustrated then the others. Maybe I have made a mistake reading all 5 books , one after the other, so am now left with at least a years wait. This book had very little real action - more pieces of the story come into place but some of the chapters really plodded with little to add...
Published 2 months ago by Boots

‹ Previous | 147 48 4997 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Game of Thrones, 4 Jun. 2014
Great read if you are into Game of Thrones ! A must have for reading the whole series. I am hooked and have bought the DVD set too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 1 July 2012
This series is the best I have read in ages. It is unbelievable how someone can write this way. I cannot wait to have the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dance with Dragons, 7 May 2013
Brilliant book. The whole series is spellbinding! The screen adaptation very good also. What more can I say? Thanks very much!

5.0 out of 5 stars The only thing wrong with this series is that i ..., 11 Mar. 2015
This review is from: A Dance With Dragons: Part 2 After The Feast (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
The only thing wrong with this series is that i thought there were more books so i read them quickly now i have to wait till 2017

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 1 Nov. 2013
Mr. W. J. D. Murphy (n ireland) - See all my reviews
great series of books that are very well researched and written. the characters are all very believable and the plot draws you in

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping read, 26 Sept. 2014
Thoroughly gripping read and can't wait for next book. Loved kindle as delivered first chapter of next book too! Great surprise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 21 Aug. 2014
This book continues where the others ended and leaves you in suspense and wanting to read more and more. Roll on the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gift That Keeps On Giving... :D, 17 April 2012
I came to the series late (when first brought out in the 90's I was a little too young for them) but still before the TV series. I didn't have high hopes for the first one - 'A Game of Thrones' - and bought it using my Waterstones points. However, I completely went back on my assessment of it within a few chapters - it had caught my attention and I couldn't put it down! Five books in, and I'm still loving every second of it! :D Martin is ruthless with his characters, sacrificing where needed, and not wimping out like most authors will do when it comes to killing their main characters.

Some parts do stagnate a little, but that's only to be expected when you're trying to write new characters in to replace the old ('A Feast for Crows' I found a little arduous, but I persevered, and this one more than makes up for whatever I found lacking in book four) :)

If, like some, you came to the series from the HBO series, you still won't be disappointed. The storyline is kept pretty much the same, and apart from the Starks' ages changing, there is not much else that is different. All in all, a fantastic plot line that keeps you engaged from the beginning of book one right through to the end of book five... and let's hope it doesn't take Martin 6 more years to write the next one!!

Enjoy :) x

5.0 out of 5 stars I've read them all and they are brilliant. I've now got the whole series on kindle ..., 2 Jan. 2015
I've read them all and they are brilliant. I've now got the whole series on kindle and can't wait until the next one comes out.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good read, 16 Aug. 2014
I enjoyed the twist and turns of this book! It's still leaving me hanging and wanting more. Can't wait for the next instalment.

‹ Previous | 147 48 4997 | Next ›