on 15 February 2012
Just One Drop is the 3rd installment and the books just keep getting better!
I actually laughed out loud at some of the witty repartee between Jen and Dec and you can't help but be gripped by their drama, This book still Incorporated Jacquelyn and Fane's romance but it took you further with Jen and Sally.
It's left at a torturous cliff hanger and I'm sad I'm going to have to wait until the Author writes the next installment... which wont be quick enough for my liking!
The book is a definite page turner that you just can't put down, If you love this genre give the Grey Wolves series
a try you won't be disappointed, and the price of the books is an added bonus! Well done Quinn Loftis.
22 comments6 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 June 2012
First line: '"Jen you are not going back to the States so stop trying to pack your damn clothes," Sally growled.She intercepted Jen and snatched the pants she was carrying to an open suitcase, which lay haphazardly across the four poster bed. Jen steadily ignored her and did an about face to the closet to grab some more clothes.'
Ok, as you can see at the start of this book, Jen is attempting to pack her bags and jet back to the US. Where is she you ask? Well, Jen would be in Romania. Living with a wolf pack. Yes you did read that right, our Jen is living with a werewolf pack. Previously in the series, Jen had discovered she had a tiny amount of werewolf blood running through her veins, making her a dormant wolf. She should stay with her two best freinds, Sally and Jacque but a certain fur ball is causing Jen to want to run back home. The fur ball (Jen's words not mine) is named Decebel and he is the pack's Beta, but only out of choice...the damn man is dominant enough to be Alpha of his own pack should he wish. Anyway, Jen and Decebel have had sparks before in the series (though the previous novels have been about Jacque and her mate Fane) but said fur ball has run off with his tail between his legs because his wolf is not showing any signs of wanting to mate with Jen. It's been 62 days 4 hours and 22 minutes since Jen last saw Decebel and she's sick of waiting for him to show up at her door. However, when Jen's tries to leave, who should turn up but Decebel, and that's where things get interesting :)

I adored JUST ONE DROP, Jen is just hilarious. I mean Decebel is about the most dominant, manly wolf man you will ever meet and she calls him 'the fur ball'. Jen's mouth just keeps getting her into trouble, as does her spontaneous attitude. Put that together with two equally humerous sidekicks and a tightly wound alpha wolf and you're ready to have yourself a party. Quinn Loftis has written this brilliantly, we all know I love a good dose of humour in anything I read and JUST ONE DROP has that in spades :)
JUST ONE DROP is set in Romania and for the most part Jen and her two besties as well as Decebel, pack leader Vasile (whom I just adore) and a few other pack wolves are attending The Gathering. This is an old tradition amongst wolf packs revived for the 21st centuary. Due to wolves only having their one true mate, and with population numbers dwindling, the Alphas of 4 packs decide to bring back an old tradition, that is basically speed dating for wolves. All the unmated females and males of the packs gather together in one place in the hope of finding mates among the other packs. However, when you add Jen and her panchant for trouble to a highly strung, territorial alpha wolf and several sex-crazed young male wolves there's going to be bloodshed. Decebel is still trying to fathom his feelings for Jen and her natural talent for pissing him off makes for one hilarious and enthralling novel. Add to this a conspiracy to murder my darling Vasile and his mate to gain control of the pack and you have the recipe for one awesome read!
As well as keeping up with Jen and Decebel, we are also able to see how Jacque and Fane are progressing since their mating. They can speak mind to mind like all mated pairs, and I have to say that some of what Fane says makes me go all mushy and wish that I could find a real live Fane. Anyway, it's good to see what they are getting up to, I just want to see more of Alpha Vasile to be honest...he's even more dominant than Decebel, meaning he could kick serious ass :) He's the strongest Alpha in living memory and his mate Alina is so sweet...I don't hate her at all...nope ;)

All in all, JUST ONE DROP is one of the funniest new books I've read in a while. While it did take me a while to get used to the American slang Jen and her friends used it was comforting to know that none of the Romanian wolves knew what they were saying either :)
I loved every minute and will definitely be keeping my eye on Quinn Loftis and the Grey Wolves Series for the foreseeable future :)

My Rating: 4/5
on 16 April 2013
Jen is probably one of the best characters in this series, and although the main series began mainly focusing on Jaque, I think Jen has stolen the show. With her hilarious comebacks, her manic ideas ( that you just know will get her into trouble), you can't help but love the girl.
The story, itself, is coming along superbly, and no sooner does the book end, one is itching to begin reading the next. Quinn has outdone herself yet again and she is becoming quickly one of my favourite authors. These books are a bargain and I would highly recommend them to all. In fact, I'd love to see these as a film (just incase any of those producer peeps are hanging bout!!)
Where do I begin? This story is the one of Jen and Decebel mainly and starts off with Jen trying to hightail it back to the States because she thinks that her and Decebel are a no go being as he disappeared 2 months ago and she hasn't seen him since. She is confused over her feelings and trying to understand how he can affect her the way he does. This is at the same time as Dec is trying to figure out the same but without the two of them talking so cue confusion. Add to the mix that 4 other packs have got together to try to find a way for them all to find their true mates without the unmated wolves attacking everyone and you get a situation rife with flirtation, tension and danger. There is a sub-current running through this book that gradually makes its way to the fore as you learn more about how the packs behave and their general lifestyle.

Sally is a character that although one of the main 3 females we haven't heard much about. She begins to step into her own in this book and I personally can't wait to find out more.

Part of the description of the true mates and how they complete each other reminds me of CL Wilson and her Tairen Soul series. Being as how that is another series I love, take it as a compliment!

This book will make you laugh and cry and will draw you even deeper into the pack. It will leave you with a cliff-hanger but I'm VERY glad to say that the next book is available so there's no long wait for me!

Once again, DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED
on 13 September 2012
This was my favourite book of the Grey Wolves Series. Having followed Jen in the first two books I knew what a fiesty and funny character she was so it had to be a character that would complement her nature that would make it work and Dec did just that. Their exchanges were very whitty and I found I was laughing out loud often. Following them on their journay was both funny yet emotional, I really believed everything that went on between them yet it wasnt predictable as to where they would end up. I was really sad when I got to the end I really wanted it to go on. I will be reading more Quinn Loftis books in the future as this book did not disappoint.
on 2 October 2012
Once again Quinn has done it! this book was yet again another page turner, as soon as i got it i was hooked.
I found as i keep reading this series the story is getting better and better. Quinn's characters i think are excellent with all the characters you get a feel for them, and want to understand them a bit more each time.

This book is the 3rd in the series and is more about Jen, which is good because she is a great characater.
This book looks at how Jen copes with what she finds out and how love and friendship can always help.
on 4 October 2012
I could not put this book down! People on the train must have thought I was mad laughing out loud! The Girls in this story are brilliant and I love Jen's one liners, she is a gem! I have felt all kind of emotions from these characters and wish I could meet a werewolf like Dec! I have just downloaded the other books in the Grey Wolf series as I do not want to miss out on any of their adventures and turmoil that Jackie and Co will get into. Read these books and escape to a world of laughter and tears.
on 2 March 2012
I love this series of supernatural shape shifting romance. It has kept me "turning pages" ok so this is kindle so pressing the button lol. The only thing that would make this series a little bit better is a bit more kick in the romance department. The parts where couples actually get their kiss on are a little pg. other than that a very good read I loved them and await more from this author.
on 19 June 2013
Great book keeps you turning the pages as quickly as possible. You can sort of see the plot lines follow through in the same way in each book, and you can guess at the way things will go fairly easily but it doesn't detract from the excellent context situations are crafted in.

Well worth the read and if I am reading at 1am, it has to be good!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I have waited for Decebel and Jenifer's story for a while now and I am thrilled that thieir love has finally come to the forefront, have been dancing around each other first meeting each other all those months ago. When they finally come together it will be an explosive meeting, well done to the author