5.0 out of 5 stars Loewe AirSpeaker Wireless Airplay Speaker - Aluminium/Black
Published 17 months ago by Andrew Logie

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound great cant get wireless to work
Also annoyed that as it is named and promoted as wireless it then "recommends" using a wire connection for the best sound. For the price I would expect more
Published 15 months ago by Mrs S A Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Loewe AirSpeaker Wireless Airplay Speaker - Aluminium/Black, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Loewe AirSpeaker Wireless Airplay Speaker - Aluminium/Black (Electronics)
Quite an expensive speaker, so I did a fair bit of research: fatman, samsung valve amp and B and W and BOSE all reviewed.. I was unable to find a Loewe stockist to get a proper demo, plucked up the courage to just order, and have been delighted ever since. The kit has the design of Apple iThing and I found it really easy to set up. Some people have been a little stumped in adding it to their wireless network (initially via ethernet cable), but this is actually simple. About 1 month after adding it, I decided to re-code my iTunes collection to lossless .... and I now stream directly over TP LINK Powerline to the ethernet connection at the back of the Speaker. Still all with Airplay, but the lossless and the ethernet connection really make things sing-a-long just that little bit better.... The build quality of the box is very very good and the excellent speakers in a solid, simple,single solid box more than make up for the lack of 'proper' stereo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy setup, and quality sound., 5 Aug 2014
Barrington G. Raven (Italy) - See all my reviews
Not sure about the reviewers who have problems with this speaker, it was an absolute doddle to set up, just follow the simple instructions hey presto its set up, airplay everywhere. The one thing that fooled me for a few minutes was the browser the background is black, so the box to enter the wifi key is not visible, once I had figured out to click the black area under the wireless key question, its done.
Sound is very good although this is not a cheap item, the quality of the sound, in all areas, highs, mid, and really good bass, is up there with all the speakers in this price range, nice smooth delivery perfect for me, but some people might like a more aggressive sound. One negative is really a personal one, is it is quite bland fine if you like that, but for my money I want something that attracts attention, I like people to see where I spent my money, and admire it. If you want understated, then you won't go wrong with this Loewe speaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 2 Sep 2013
Neil K. Thomson (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
I don't understand why these aren't more popular. Expensive, cetainly, but well worth the money in my opinion. Beautifully engineered, gorgeous, minimalist appearance and terrific sound quality. The signal does occasionally drop out and the web interface is somewhat clunky, but otherwise I'm delighted with my purchase. Streets ahead of the Bose unit it replaced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound, 27 Feb 2014
Amazing sound for a small speaker , but complicate to connect, should be easy, it's hard to find in the net

1.0 out of 5 stars A beauty, and a beast, 31 Jan 2014
Well, full credit to the guy above who found this easy to set up on AirPlay network.

Switch off for five seconds, plug a WLAN network cable into your router, also plug a WLAN into your PC, go to 122.33.43.22 on your browser, wait a bit for flashy lights, switch off again... wtf?! Have dropped Loewe a support email for help, but def not one for the faint of heart, or those not qualified in network maintenance.

Honestly, it's 2014 and I use a Mac. I want to plug it in via USB, download an app and smoke an e-cig while it does the rest.

Have given up trying to get it to work wirelessly device and am running it from my Airport Express via WLAN. Sounds good, looks brutally beautiful but in terms of the wireless audio I wanted in the kitchen at the moment I preferred the (broken) Bose I bought it to replace.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound great cant get wireless to work, 27 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, compact and bespoke?!?, 27 Nov 2012
Very rarely does something deliver exactly what it says on the tin, however with this great product I wasn't disappointed! The sound quality delivered from this sleek looking aluminium box is fantastic, coupled with the green top it fits perfectly into my room and is so easy to use I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!!!!!, 28 Nov 2012
Received three of these for use in different rooms. The Loewe instructions on set up are poor. Managed to set one box up and the sound quality was very good but with regular drop off of tracks being played.the second set wouldn't work at all and indicated that it required an update via cable which was exacerbated as I was unable to log into the Loewe site as a message indicated that their site was down! After repeated attempts over 4 hours still no good. Managed then to get the third box to work after a struggle connecting as indicated. After 5 hours the first and second box still wouldn't play simultaneously via AirPlay and then the first one wouldn't connect at all!
An absolute nightmare. Re packaged and ready for return to Amazon who I have to compliment have been exceptional in the delivery and subsequent returns process. Thank you Amaazon.
LOEWE YOU NEED TO GET THS SORTED,,DO NOT BUY!

4.0 out of 5 stars Loewe AirSpeaker, 7 April 2013
This is exactly what I needed for taking my music around the house with ease. Sound quality is fantastic and the look of it is nice and simple, so it fits in anywhere.
Can certainly recommend this unit as good value.

Cheers