5.0 out of 5 stars Enhanced Performance
Published 22 months ago by Milton S

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't really do much.
I wouldn't recommend this as it didnt really do an awful lot for me! didnt really give me a buzz as other have done in the past. There was very little comedown which i was made up about after not getting an up! I suppose pre workout drinks work different for different people. This one doesnt work very well for me
Published 18 months ago by Barry Higson

5.0 out of 5 stars Enhanced Performance, 15 Jun. 2013
I love taking the assault before a workout. It's one of the best when it comes to pre-workout energy boosters, hands down. It gives me an added boost and that extra energy to go harder, much more so when compared to other brands I've tried in the past. I especially prefer this one because the flavor tastes amazing (fruit punch). It really does taste like fruit punch instead of watered down crap like other flavors.

Like many supplements of this kind you don't want to take it year round. Personally, I will take it about four times a year, giving myself anywhere from an 8-12 week break in between bottles. I will also add 5 grams of l-arginine powder for the most insane pumps; Muscle Maxx Pro + FREE L-Arginine (Nitric Oxide Booster) 250 Grams. I'm able to bust through my routine without feeling fatigued and leave the gym so pumped up, the feeling actually lasts till the next day.

My routine is pretty intense and by the end of it I'm mentally and physically drained. These supplements are what keep me going to the next set, the next day, and the next level. I have a much more solid overall workout and a better ability to gain strength because of using these supplements. Just use them wisely, don't over-use them, and you'll be flying high for quite some time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Orange Mango: Great stuff initially but built up a tolerance, 26 May 2014
Mr. K. T. Johnsey "kris69" (Newport) - See all my reviews
Having been more into tablets and cheaper creatine based drinks for my pre workout boosters, I wanted to take my training up a notch and go for a high brand product. After doing some research, I found that musclepharm assault seemed to be high on most top 10 lists (number 2 on men's health) as well as being endorsed by UFC, which sold it for me.

Initially assault gave me a massive buzz and energy rush within 5 minutes of drinking it. I trained like a beast for the first week on this stuff taking it every day after work and hitting the gym, no doubt it was the best pre train booster product I'd ever tried. The results were great and I found it was having a pleasing fat stripping effect as well as an increase in muscle size and definition, although I trained harder than I have in years. I even found it was making it hard for me to sleep, a testament to it's energy boosting effects, so be careful of that when you use assault. I'd recommend not using it for late evening sesh's if you have work the next day.

It has a great range of ingredients, creatine, taurine, caffeine, loads of b-vitamins, aminos, nitric oxide boosters, energy herbs etc. Very impressed with the content.
I went for the orange mango flavour, which is not bad. It has a definite medicine type taste to it, but I find that reasssuring. I definitely prefer the taste now I've got used to it.

It's white powder that turns to illiuminous orange when mixed with water. I find 1 scoop mixes well with 1 pint, I stir it in a pint glass with a spoon mostly so it will mix well with a shaker no doubt. I find if you time it to hit the gym 30-40 minutes after starting to drink, it has the best results. I take about 10-15 minutes to drink the pint.

I'm about 3/4 through my 1st tub, I've calmed down with the usage, now it's around 2-3 times a week. While I'm definitely in the best shape I've been for years and no doubt it's thanks to assault, I'm finding at the moment that it's not consistently giving me the same boost anymore. I tried cycling off it for a week, which helped a bit, but I definitely feel like I've built up a tolerance, the positive side of this being I sleep fine off it now. Assault was another level compared to my olimp amok tablets, but now the gap in performance between the 2 feels a lot less, which I find strange because the tablets perform consistently well, where as with assault it seems to have had more of a peak and then drop off.
It can have a bit of a laxative effect, you do run the gauntlet with this, especially if you've not eaten well. I found it didn't mix with a post workout chinese takeaway once, wont make that mistake again lol. Aslong as your diets been healthy throughout the day, it's not too much of a problem.
It still beats the tablets and definitley beats taking nothing. There's no doubt I have taken my training up a notch, but there was something about the information on assault that seemed to suggest it's the go to jack of all trades/ vanilla ice cream of the pre train boosters, the 1 good for cardio and lifting as an all rounder. I think if you're into lifting more than cardio (which I am) then there are better pre train boosters out there more designed for your needs. Although I can't compare, I just have that gut feeling that assault has been a great 1 to start off with, but I have yet to find that AWESOME pre train drink.

I'm going to give bullnox andorush a go once I've finished assault and had a 2 week break from supplements, something I recommend to anyone who didn't feel anything from taking assault. Definitely the 1 to start off wth if you're new to high level pre train boosters and I know I'll come back to assault at some point in the future

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't really do much., 22 Oct. 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't come close to Craze or Jack3d., 13 Jan. 2014
J. Farrow (England) - See all my reviews
First off, this product is okay. If you're looking for that bit of extra energy in the gym, and especially if you're new to the world of pre workouts Assault will serve you well.

I on the other hand, have had a moderate intake of caffeine for quite a few years now, and it seems that's pretty much all Assault will do for you in terms of an energy boost. The 'pump' is nothing to write home about, sure you'll get one, but nothing amazing.

The best thing I can say about this product is, its 99.99% likely that its safe. And by that I mean, no risk of banned substances, anything that will give false positives for a banned substance or stimulant like ingredients such as DMMA which are potentially dangerous. There's no drug like high and huge crash like you'll experience with products such as Driven Sports Craze or USPlabs Jack3d, which in all honesty is probably a good thing but if you're used to such products, you're going to very disappointed.

Unfortunately thought Assault is pretty expensive for a glorified caffeine boost. I chose it because I felt I needed to move away from the other pre workouts mentioned, as the substances contained within are not thoroughly tested and potentially dangerous. It's just a shame it doesn't even come close, though I don't know if anything else ever will!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good taste, and works on me, 8 April 2014
Full rating for the good taste and the effects! It seems to work for me, and it's very pleasant to drink!

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality control issues - tainted product. 0/5 stars., 21 April 2015
Product deserves 0 stars. Tastes vile. I had previously bought an identical container in person and results were great and taste was good.

I'm not sure if the batch delivered by Muscle Pharm via Amazon had a production fault but the taste and smell was absolutely horrid and unpalatable.

Sadly I ordered it along with 2 other pre workout supplements and opened it about 50 days after it got delivered so was unable to return it. Used two scoops and it is ready for the bin.

Most disappointing Amazon purchase to date. I used to be a big Muscle Pharm fan but will now steer well clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars MusclePharm Green Apple Assult Powder Review:, 25 July 2014
This review is from: MusclePharm Green Apple Assault Powder 736g (Personal Care)
Although it still doesn't taste the best and the apple flavour is more of a vague disguise, it's incredibly effective in changing my mood. Some days I'll be going to the gym feeling like I might only do an hour and not do that much either. But I drink this and that one hour 'meh' session turns into 3 hours of gainz!

Overall;
Very effective in getting you in the mood to lift
The only bad thing is it still tastes like s***, but we're not here for the taste, we're here for the effects, which is why I give this a 5 and would recommend for others

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy the raspberry lemonade!!, 25 Sept. 2013
Blue raspberry tastes horrid and made my stools green... Seriously!! Raspberry lemonade tastes great and no dodgy side affects!!

As far as the function - works great, feel pumped to workout etc. just a rancid taste and dodgy Bowel movements (a known issue from what I've found online).

Giving two stars as the product (other flavour) is a 4 maybe but this flavour is so grim it's a 1! Overall - 2 stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great flavour, 2 April 2013
I cant fault the product for flavour or mixability. it tastes great and there are no lumps after a couple of shakes in my shaker. The reason ive given it 4 stars is because i havnt really noticed much gain with this product. ive had to add some creatine to my pre workout drink to give it an extra boost

5.0 out of 5 stars no matter how tired you are this will get you goin really good product, 10 July 2014
This was my first pre workout and I was impress with the results , no matter how tired you are this will get you goin really good product

MusclePharm Green Apple Assault Powder 736g