5.0 out of 5 stars Genius George
Published on 10 Mar 2003 by christine oakley

3.0 out of 5 stars George
Yup - its fine - does what it says on the tin! Not as keen on George Michael as I thought I was but this is not the CD's fault!
Published 23 months ago by Tootler

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius George, 10 Mar 2003
What a gem of an album this is!!! Disc one has all the ballads and the second disc contains the dance tracks. "Jesus To a Child" is just beautiful and sung with such emotion. "A Different Corner" is my personal favourite and it moves me every time I hear it. "You Have Been Loved", "Kissing a Fool" and "One More Try" are classic ballads which are all simply superb. "Cowboys And Angels" is fabulous and George's cover of "I Can't Make You Love Me" is just wonderful. The dance tracks are equally as good. "Fastlove", "Outside" and "Spinning The Wheel" are just great 'feel good' tracks. "Somebody To Love" recorded live with Queen is the highlight of the second disc, George really gives this song something, turn this track up loud to get the full effect!! Of course there are so many other classic songs on this album...."Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" with Elton John, "Faith" and "Careless Whisper"... the list is endless!! It has something on it for everybody so buy it and see for yourself. It is a classic, timeless album that demonstrates excellent songwriting skills, the sheer talent and the versatility of the man that is George Michael.

4.0 out of 5 stars George Michael fan or not..you will enjoy this album, 14 Nov 1999
By A Customer
I would never have bought this CD myself as I am not a big George Michael fan but I was really surprised when I listened to it after someone bought it for me as a present. It really is a great CD to listen to and I play it often. It is mainly split into two sections: the more serious, slow, moving songs like Jesus To A Child and Careless Whisper then the more funky stuff like Faith, Freedon and Outside. There are two tracks on this CD that are my absolute favourites which are Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me recorded with Elton John and Somebody To Love recorded with Queen. There also many others which are just as enjoyable. All-in-all a really great CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars The biggest musical talent Britain has to offer?, 8 Jun 2000
By A Customer
Its been over 20 years since George Michael burst onto the scene with the ultra succesful pop duo Wham! George's silky smooth voice and unrivalled songwriting seperated Wham from the rest of the brit pop groups of the early eighties. When Wham! broke up in 1986 few would have guessed how succesful Michaels breakthrough solo album would have been. Faith sold over 10 million copies world wide. Its mixture or r&b rhythms and heart felt ballads struck a chord with fans all over the world. It even managed to top the charts in America- the most competitive and prestigious music chart in the world. So George had become perhaps the worlds biggest pop star. But something was missing- respect. His follow up album Listen Without Prejudice was a declararion of his superior songwriting abilities and flawless voice. George Michael had made a conscious decision to distance himself from the superficial side of the music world. He longed for respect and for people to appreciate just how talented he really is. With Ladies and Gentlemen, he manages to fulfill his ambition. The double c.d contains some of the best pop songs of the last twenty years.Yet to simply call George Michael a pop star does not do him justice. His voice is the best in the industry today and his songwriting skills transcend the confines of the pop market. the ballads on the first disc are timeless classics which once heard are never forgotten. The second disc is packed with flawless pop songs which vibrate with raw energy. I recomend everyone to buy this album. It is without a doubt the greatest album of the nineties.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies and gentlemen,George Michael, 10 Nov 2012
Great cd as it contains a large varied selection of hits.
One cd is the much slower tracks and ballads and the other more faster like fastlove and outside.
All in all an impressive cd for music and value.

5.0 out of 5 stars GEORGEOUS!, 7 Nov 2000
By A Customer
It is now undoubted that George Michael is Englands geatest artist. Through the Cd it is possible to 'see' Georges wirting style mature, to hear some of the most beautiful ballards, and most invigorating dance tracks. Any Cd with Careless Whisper on it surely deserves a look. Also remember that, as beautiful as Georges voice is, behind it, is Englands most talented and intelligent writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars A circumnavigation of the heart., 1 Feb 2009
G. Cox "GILL COX" (Devon U.K.) - See all my reviews
George has the remarkable ability to capture and entwine the essence of each track, with his dexterous touch of Genius. Powerful emotions can evolve from the tender nuances of expression for treating each number with an individual approach. I never tire of listening to this accomplished and stylish artiste who, in one breath, can pull at the heartstrings and fill the senses, possibly even with a nursery rhyme! My favourite track 'JESUS TO A CHILD is heartbreakingly memorable for opening the floodgates! Compelling album - never out of my car CD player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music As It Should Be Made, 22 May 2005
As a 21-year old, I was only a wee nipper when Wham captured the media's attention as the baffling duo of one uniquely talented singer/songwriter and one philander who courted the public's disdain for his drunken mishaps. I wasn't impacted in any way by "Faith", "Listen without Prejudice" or indeed "Older", perhaps because I myself wasn't old enough. However, a few years ago, when I did start to appreciate music and became an avid musician myself, I was given "Ladies and Gentlemen" as a gift. I don't wish to resort to hyperbole but this was a truly transformational moment for me - I was introduced to a musician who was to become, by some distance, my favourite artist of all time.
Ladies and Gentleman is a handsome collection of George Michael's best work. It is at once buoyant, smooth, dark, poignant and occasionally poppy. Disc 1 contains the most beautiful tracks I have ever heard. Whilst "Careless Whisper" is most often cited by people as their favourite GM song, there are four other compositions on this disc that are, in my humble opinion, equal if not better songs: the smooth, jazzy "Cowboys and Angels"; the wonderfully simple yet beautifully sung "Different Corner"; the paradoxically upbeat yet dark "Praying for Time"; and the heart-wrenchingly melancholic "Jesus to a Child".
GM then manages effortlessly to transfer the listener from the emotionally moving songs of disc 1 to catchy, feet-moving and expertly produced fare on Disc 2. "Outside" is based on GM's public indiscretion, but despite the subject it is a great pop song. "As" is a beautifully sung reprisal of the Stevie Wonder classic; "Fastlove" is a phenomenally catchy song that I'm sure provided the basis for the "Men in Black" hit theme tune. "I Knew You Were Waiting" is a fast-moving duet with Arethra Franklin that brilliantly captures the sensational voices of both artists; and then there is "Faith", which alongside Careless Whisper is probably GM's best known work.
There are some omissions in this collection - in particular that of "Everything She Wants", my favourite Wham song - but then an irrefutable consensus on GM's best 30 songs was never going to be easy, given his huge fan base worldwide.
Now that GM is no longer in the public eye, I genuinely hope that other people, people younger than myself, will take a chance and buy this album. They will be handsomely rewarded.

3.0 out of 5 stars George, 11 Oct 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars worth having, 21 Aug 2012
This album was bought for my wife,but after listening to it, I now carry it with me in my car everywhere I go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic !, 26 July 2012
Simply the best album George ever made, I have had this album a good few years and never tire of chilling out to it !