5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!!!
Published on 18 Mar. 2011 by rachel

3.0 out of 5 stars This Heart Within Me Burns
Not a bad read, especially about her early years. Found it very funny in parts and very sad in others.
Just shows you can overcome anything if you have the character.
Published on 8 Nov. 2012 by Shelagh

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!!!, 18 Mar. 2011
i received my crissy rock book,this heart within me burns,from bedlam to benidorm,on 16th march from my daughter for my birthday,as she knows i am big fan and friend of crissys.i started reading it 8 30 that night and finished it 1 30am, just could not put it down.it was absolutely brilliant.crissy has had so much heartache but she has still come out a very special lady.love her to bits and wish her all the best for the future.a book that must be read,makes you cry and laugh all at same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read, 21 Mar. 2011
i'm not into reading to be honest but having seen crissy on the programme "this morning", i said to my husband that i'd love to read her book, mainly because of the interview but also because we have seen her so many times in benidorm as a stand up (amazing show).
my hubby very kindly bought it for me and since he brought it in for me, i just couldn't put it down, as i'm a slow reader it took me the full weekend to read it, what an amazing read, what inspiration she is to man, woman and child! every human being should read this book, not just because of crissy's tormented life but because of how she proved that she did have a life to live that was worth living!!!... thanks crissy, your an amazing woman xx

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 21 Mar. 2011
i received my book an read it the same day, unbelievable book, wud recommend it 2 every1 (which i have) my family grew up knowin crissy as we lived around croxdale road and after reading the book has becum an inspiration i cant believe wot she has been through an still manages to laugh, well done crissy on a fantastic book xx

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Autobiography, 27 Aug. 2011
Amazon Customer (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I can still remember when I first heard rumours that this book was being written, as a long time Crissy Rock fan, this was in 2007 on one of her DVDs, so it has been a long time coming. I have always loved her superb portrayal of Maggie in Ken Loach's masterpiece film 'Ladybird Ladybird', her character Janey York in 'Benidorm' and for such movies and TV shows as 'Dockers' and 'Trial & Retribution'.

I knew very little about Crissy as a person until I purchased this book. I was expecting this autobiography to be hilarious, I would of expected nothing less from this talented comedienne and actress. I certainly was shocked when I came to reading it, what a hard and difficult life Crissy has led!

This book starts off with her describing an horrific attack that her first husband subjected her to in the 'Prologue' chapter, from there, you can not put this book down. I read the whole thing in one afternoon, it is by far one of the best autobiographies on the market, for here is a woman who has plenty to write about.

My heart went out to Crissy who has experienced so much trouble and heartache in her life, there was the sexual abuse she suffered at the hands of her grandfather as a child, losing her beloved grandmother, her early marriage to a violent bully, her times of bankruptcy and homelessness, and these are just a few, selected examples.

But there are also a lot of laughs in here as well, Crissy's wicked sense of humour and positive outlook comes shining through in the book. She has has a great career as an actress, landing the lead role in 'Ladybird' in 1993 and quickly winning a string of top awards all over the world including Best Foreign Actress in Barcelona. This led to leads in some amazing television plays such as 'Brazen Hussies' with Julie Walters, 'The Butterfly Collectors' with Pete Postlethwaite and 'Dockers' with Ricky Tomlinson. The book contains two sections of interesting photographs, I enjoyed looking at her family pictures and also the photos of Crissy and some of her co-stars in various acting jobs.

I truly enjoyed this book and I am glad that it has become a best-seller. I wish Crissy all the very best with her life now as well as whatever future projects she might have in the pipeline. "This Heart Within Me Burns" is very inspirational, her life has been one of great high and lows but she has always remained strong and dignified. To quote Ricky Tomlinson: "A book that will have you laughing and crying in equal measure. An incredibly honest account from an incredibly honest woman."

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!!, 25 Mar. 2011
I couldnt wait to read this book, and i was glued to it! I am originally from Liverpool, and i knew the about the scouse humour, but i didnt expect to cry at the end, the way Crissy finished the book was lovely.

I feel there is a book to written by a lot of people everywhere, and i think this book will inspire them to do so.

Never went to bed till 2am this week, excellent read! Thankyou you brave funny lady for sharing your life, although very sad in parts,how she survived it all god knows,she is an inspration to me, God Bless you Crissy.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellant book, 3 Jun. 2011
Ms. B. Kelly - See all my reviews
WOW WHAT A BRILL BOOK, CRISSY IS A WONDERFUL LADY AND HAS HAD A LOT OF VERY HARROWING TIMES IN HER LIFE AND I AMDMIRE HER 100 PERCENT. I COULD NOT STOP READING THIS BOOK, I LAUGHED AND CRIED BUY THIS BOOK YOU WILL LOVE IT

5.0 out of 5 stars This heart within me burns, 6 May 2011
I saw the interview with Crissy on this morning and was amazed how up beat she was and had great zest for life but you could tell the smile on her face hid a lot if pain.I am not a good reader but felt i just had to get the book i ordered it online within 10 minutes of seeing her on this morning. When it arrived and i started to read it after watchin the interveiw i felt i could see her every expression has i read.She made me laugh she made me cry she is amazing and nobody deserves that much pain and unhappyness in there life but she has come through smiling . I wish her and all her family all the love and happiness in the world and will look forward to reading anything she writes in the future.She has also made me look at my own life from a whole different angle and i intend to make the most of every single day because life is so precious

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 30 Sept. 2014
This review is from: This Heart Within Me Burns - From Bedlam to Benidorm (Revised & Updated) (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book after seeing her being interviewed on t.v. about a novel she has written ,I didn't know anything about her apart from being in the series Benidorm. This book follows her story from childhood through to the present day during which she suffered horrific abuse at the hands of her grandfather, whom she describes as having two sides - one, the abuser and two- the loving grandparent( whom she loved dearly).She had a lot of self doubt about her talent as a comic which may stem from her being told she was worthless from an early age by those around her. It wasn't until Ken Loach saw something in her that gave her the big break she needed. She is also an artist and a writer. An interesting insight of a person I knew little about and on the back of this I also bought her first novel Revenge Is Sweeter Than Flowing Honey.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspirational Read, 15 April 2011
I bought this book after watching Crissy on This Morning. I love reading biographies but have never fancied reading books by victims of abuse as I would find them depressing. Like other reviewers, I read this book in one sitting and it is the best book I have ever read. Crissy is not a victim she is a survivor. What an inspirational woman. I really cannot reccomend this book highly enough. When I finished the book I gave it to the local Domestic Violence Centre in the hope that other victims of domestic violence will find it as inspirational as I did. I hope Crissy has found happiness with her "stalker" and wish her well. She deserves all the happiness in the world. Her daughters must be so proud of her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absoluely Heart Wrenching, 27 April 2011
I received my book yesterday at 6pm by 11.58pm, I had read it, I couldnt put it down, even went with me on toilet breaks..lol..
I have had the pleasure of meeting Crissy years ago when she did her stand up at The Fur & Feathers in Mab Lane and she knew a couple of my Aunties from Croxdale Rd. Wudnt have thght behind that lovely face was such heartache. You have done an excellent job on what u have achieved, u have worked harder than anyone ur whole life. I loved ur book, planning on reading it again, u made me cry and laugh. May the rest of ur years be extremely happy and we r all so glad u didnt succeed in taking ur own life. U wouldnt b the person u r 2day and b able 2 see ur lovely girls and grandchildren. Keep up the gr8 work. Debi (NZ)