5.0 out of 5 stars A TRULY AMAZING BLUESMAN, 29 Mar 2012
FastHand (Harefield, England) - See all my reviews
This is a great live album played by a man who really enjoys what he does and to quote Danny " I just want to be a working Bluesman because this is what I love, That's all it's ever been". That says it all and it really shows on this album.
He rips into the first track "Tell Me" showing he has complete control of his guitar as it crackles and whines, then gently caresses and teases the notes out on "Love of Angels" "My Baby's a superstar" "Knocking on heavens door" and "Always with me". All but three of the tracks are written by Danny. I don't think you can really appreciate an artist until you've heard them live and only then can you admire their true talent. I've been waiting for Danny to bring out a live album and this certainly does'nt disappoint. There are only three musicians on this album, Danny vocals and guitar, his dad Ken on bass, and Trevor Barr on drums, so there's no where to hide but why would you he's brilliant.
The album ends with "Always with me" twelve minutes long. It starts slowly with Danny tickling and coaxing the notes out before tempting you with short bursts of soaring guitar before subsiding back to his delicate soulful playing before ending on a high. The album is soulful and played with a lot of feeling. Eric should take note. A wonderful live blues album by a very underrated artist, get it and you wont be disapponted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding., 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Night Life (MP3 Download)
I saw Danny for the first time last Friday in a small gig with about 100/150 people.
I thought it was one hell of a gig with the set list of the tracks from this album.
I have seen many fantastic guitar players over the years and most of the truly great ones. For me this guy ranks with the truly great players.
Not only that, he is a good entertainer and genuinely nice man.
Not fogetting the band, Ken Bryant on bass and Trevor Barr on drums. Real quality. They were solid and tight and made it look easy.
If any band deserves to be at the very top, it should be this one

4.0 out of 5 stars Danny is fantastic, 28 April 2012
If you get the chance to see danny live go for it. fantasic live and on CD. About time the mainstream music lovers listen to him.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good well recorderd, 20 Nov 2013
Gerald Crook (south wales) - See all my reviews
This is the best CD so far. He has put hell of a lot of felling and guitar work in to this album which shows on the overall sound and felling he put over. I must say this is one of the gigs I would loved to have seen him at. My day will come I will see him in the next few years I hope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Guitarist, 28 Jan 2014
Brilliant album from Danny Bryant,i have only found out about Danny recently and will be buying more of is work.I will be going to see him in Febuary can not wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Guitarist!, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Night Life (MP3 Download)
Brilliant guitarist, Still playing local venues too! I hope he goes far! There is also a DVD of this gig.

Downloads are very quick too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome gig captured well, 16 Dec 2012
M. J. Rigden "riggerz" (East Anglia UK) - See all my reviews
I was at this gig that was recorded for DVD / CD. A fantastic show that has been accurately recorded and captures the night well. Well worth a purchase for any blues fan. Excellent band and excellent music here.

5.0 out of 5 stars good music, 28 Nov 2012
Top notch Blues, just go out and buy it. It does not get better than this.Terrific.
everything comes together. just good music.
james in cumbria

5.0 out of 5 stars His best yet, 25 Sep 2012
I've been a fan of Danny since his early days in short trousers- (no sorry that was Angus) as one of the Blues Matters! stable, and have watched him mature, both as a guitarist and songwriter, over the ensuing years.In my humble opinion he now ranks up there with the best of them (Bonamassa, Trout, Clapton etc). This album starts off with a bone-shaker, Tell Me, then eases into the slow,thoughtful Just As I Am ,which sends shivers down your spine.It's worth buying just for this track and the closer, Always With Me .The rest of the album is a beautiful mix of light and heavy with some awesome guitar solos,and meaningful lyrics.It also captures the spirit of a live album perfectly.Tip: If like me, you get the taste of an album from the one minute samples on Amazon MP3,then you won't capture the quality of this album as each track takes over a minute to develop to it's full potential. I enjoy seeing live gigs, but being of a certain age,often find the volume a bit brain-mushing.No problem with this one- there,s a DVD as well which can be enjoyed over and over again at a volume to suit one's taste. In summary, a must-have album and DVD ,by a very under-rated artist.When are we gonna see Danny Bryant at The Royal Albert Hall?

Night Life