5.0 out of 5 stars "Cracking" clippers
I will admit that I have only used these clippers once and they are only a week old but I felt compelled to write a review now so that I would not forget my findings so far. I will amend this as time goes by, if I feel that anything needs mentioning.

Published on 30 Oct 2012 by Darkhorse

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after 4 times of use
Published 24 months ago by RDG

5.0 out of 5 stars "Cracking" clippers, 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Super Hair Clipper (Personal Care)

I spent over 3 weeks reading reviews on hair clippers. As usual, I targeted the 1 and 2 star reviews (because they tell you the most important issues) and those clippers where many people have responded. Most of the clippers had more than their fair share of issues but, to be fair, many were priced for the economy market so I wasn't surprised.

Just to give you an idea of my situation
I have wavy thick hair and I usually go for the No3 on the sides and short scissors on top. I use the No 8 comb over the top and then progressively work down to a No3 on the sides.
I have not tried the No1 and No2 combs so I can't comment on them but they are of the same build quality as the other combs.

So...

Good Points
These are the areas or points where this set of clippers has not failed, unlike so many others
1) Build quality is excellent. They really are very well made. I can't see anything breaking on it, any time soon.
2) Good weight and size, not too heavy. Certainly no flimsy/cheap feel about them. They look quite bulky on the amazon page but they are not.
3) Metal blades that cut extremely well, noise and vibration is more than satisfactory.
2) Can be used with the charger or on battery. Has a charging light that works.
3) Box was NEW, unopened and everything came in "Hygiene" sealed bag.. nice to know you wont suffer someone else's return.
4) 10 attachment combs (1-8 and a nice surprise, a left a right tapered ear attachment... so handy)
5) The attachment combs are well molded, seem very strong and certainly don't flex under load. So many people complained that the attachment combs on other models where flimsy (cheap) and so they suffered uneven cuts.
6) Comes with a satisfactory amount of lubrication oil and a small brush to clean it all up. Works brilliantly. Oiling before use is an easy process and, unlike some other reviews suggest, the oil does not effect the ease of cleanup and certainly doesn't make your head smell like a car engine. (I wonder what oil they were using)
7) 5 year guarantee.
8) The distributor in Ireland (XSell) had them to me in just 2 working days. They "Suggested 2-5 working days, estimated it would arrive in 5 days, but got it to me in England in 2. No Issues with the order at all.

Bad Points (hey! I had to put something)
1) It would have been nice to get a comb and a pair of scissors, as some of their other kits do but to be honest, with all the attachment combs, I doubt I would ever use the scissors.
2) The fine taper leaver is not click graduated. To be honest, it has significant resistance for this to be unnecessary, and with the plethora of combs, I hardly use the taper adjustment anyway.
3) A nice storage bag , rather than the el-cheapo plastic one would have been nice... Still, it works and is good enough for the job and it is the clippers that matter. Of all the things that are likely to fail... it will be the bag.

Summary
In the end I looked at it this way. With the price of getting a hair cut and the hassle of having to go to the barbers, these clippers will pay for themselves in 6 months easy and if I purchased a cheaper set and they fail, I will have to go through the "buy another pair or warranty return" hassle and they will end up in landfill... just more unwanted rubbish. What can I say?... you get what you pay for!

6 month update

About time to write an update (and fix my poor grammar :-)).
I have used the clippers 4 times now (and all on 1 charge too).
No problems so far. Nothing broken, no failings, and no unexpected surprises
Still working great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 22 Feb 2012
M Bryant - See all my reviews
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Super Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
I bought these to replace some cheap clippers that literally fell apart in my hands and they are as different as night and day. They cut very smoothly with a neat finish so you only really have to go over the area once or twice. They seem very solidly built so hopefully will last a long time. The charge time is also much shorter than the lower price products which is an advantage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Super Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
As a hairdresser I have tried them all. I found these very quick to charge and hold the charge for some time. They are very clean cutting, not like my last pair which were cheaper but do not compare to these. I recommend these clippers for all salons, mobile stylists or any DIY hair cutter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cuts, 17 May 2012
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Super Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
This is a high quality clipper - good weight, smooth operation, solid guides.

Quality is reflected in the 5 year warranty it came with.

Did 3 hair cuts and I've been using it as a stubble trimmer 3-4 times/week for 8 weeks, all on one charge.

Never had any hair pull. Kids have said they much prefer it over the last one I had.

Overall a great machine and accessories. In order to be perfect, it would not require oiling and would be washable. The oil as you can imagine causes hair to stick to the machine and the bathroom! Taking a star off for this.

Something to note because it's not stated anywhere - the taper control lever has a smooth adjustment as opposed to clicking in steps. This might be an advantage for some users but, for me, when using it as a stubble trimmer, it's hard to get the same finish every time. No stars removed for this point because the item's not being sold as a stubble trimmer.

Bought this when it was 50% off RRP at another retailer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after 4 times of use, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Super Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
Very disappointed. The clippers broke after using just four times of light use; a small metal bar sheared from behind the top moving blade and fell out. I was never worked hard as I just trim my already short hair, and the blades were oiled. It is surprising as the item feels nice, heavy, and durable - maybe I just got unlucky, but I shall look for another manufacturer to replace it.

Genuine thanks to amazon.co.uk though - I requested for return & replacement but this could not be done economically, so they agreed a full refund with absolutely no quibbles. They responded to my initial request almost immediately - cannot fault them - thanks again Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haircut Made Easy, 20 Nov 2012
M. Campbell "Hiya guys, I'm a 37 y/o m... (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Super Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
I bought this more as a way of saving time than saving money on haircuts. The last few trips to the barbers has involved a 40/50 minute wait till the people in front had been attended to.

My hair grows quite quick so to keep it tidy I would really have to go every 2/3 weeks so I thought I'd give it a go myself.

The BaByliss is a weighty, good quality clipper and all the attachments are secure and give confidence. I'm a 2 or 3 on the back and sides and 6ish messy on the top. The attachments include a left and right taper for around the ear to the bottom of the neck which also works really well.

I can easily keep my hair at the desired length and always tidy myself although it is better still with someone else doing it for you. Queue my wife! With no experience of hair dressing at all she managed a really good haircut on her first go with a little guidance, after all I've been watching my own hair being cut for over 30 years.

I had a smaller budget clipper in the past but this broke up and was really poorly made but this product, for £20/£30 more is far superior and will last a long time, just remember to oil your blades regularly.

No more waiting, I'm saving money, good quality product and very easy to use. A no brainer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in class, no contest, 27 May 2012
The Guardian (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Super Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
These clippers are by far the best I've ever used, and so superior to the previous two products I have used as to make comparison almost futile.

* They charge easily and stay charged for 75 minutes' cordless running time, with a battery that doesn't actually pack up after a few weeks of use; you can also use them straight off the mains

* The clipper blades are finely machined, effective and very well designed; they don't tug at your hair but glide through smoothly and effortlessly to produce a perfect result every time

* There is a good range of 8x comb guides for different grades, right down to the ultra-short number 1

The instructions recommend oiling the blades, and a small tube of oil is supplied for the purpose. This is probably a good idea to guarantee continued high performance, but I forgot to use the oil the first three times the clippers were used and can report they worked fine all the same.

Really, if you've only had cheap and troublesome clippers before then you're going to be amazed at the difference with these. They're truly brilliant.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blades are very sharp and get very hot. No overcharge protection, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Super Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
I bought this based on the positive feedbacks and because of being powered by lithium ion battery. The blade is very sharp and a feeling of needles when you cut bold without using guides. Also, the blades VERY hot when using it for sometime. Also it doesn't seem to have over-charge protection, i.e. if you put the clipper on charge in between your hair-cuts, then it seems to get over-charged. Finally, and after only 5 months of use, yesterday when I wanted to have a hair cut before a customer visit, the clipper failed to work! Oops! it turns on for about 3 seconds then switches off! Luckily I have a spare one. Waiting for Babyliss customer services now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Super Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
Fabulous its such a smooth cut I've had others but should have saved time & money & bought the babaliss first.If anyone's looking to buy one this is it.

1.0 out of 5 stars What went wrong!!!, 6 Dec 2012
O. O. alarapon "London" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Super Hair Clipper (Personal Care)
I got my order on time. 2 weeks into using it, it fell apart. The adjustable handle snapped off. Found out that the screw broke off without touching it. It must be a defective part because it got very good reviews from other buyers.

BaByliss for Men Super Hair Clipper