5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book
Published on 29 April 2012 by Teach

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story
Overall I liked this book but found the Scottish phrases a little difficult to understand. Delivery was really quick which was great.
Published 9 months ago by shirley kilroe

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 29 April 2012
This review is from: Shoes Were For Sunday (Paperback)
I first bought this book in hardback many years ago and loved it. I lent it to someone and didn't get it back, so I bought it in paperback, read it again, and loved it again. I have now bought it for my Kindle and it was like meeting an old friend, I loved it all over again, and can now hardly wait until all of her other books have been made for the Kindle. She writes with fluency and her descriptions of the people in the Glasgow tenements is so like I remember them, that I felt as if I knew them. A great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing heartwarming book, 28 April 2012
This review is from: Shoes Were For Sunday (Kindle Edition)
This is an amazing heartwarming book about an every days familys life in post 1st world war Glasgow ! It really brings the tenement life alive and for me , the reader , it gave insight into a way of life I have never experienced ! Fantastic from cover to finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Shoes were for Sunday, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Shoes Were For Sunday (Kindle Edition)
For me this book brought many child memories, as I was brought up at the same time in Edinburgh, I remember going with mother to the steamy with our clothes, I remember twice a month going to the baths to have a bath with mother and my sister and the water being turn on outside by the bath lady, the cleanest go into the bath first,dirty last. So many wonderful moments this book brought back for me, it is one to read if it was part of your time, or if not something to read to find out what it was like then. I hope more of her books will come out on the kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shoes were for Sundays, 30 Sep 2012
This review is from: Shoes Were For Sunday (Kindle Edition)
A lovely read, couldn't put it down and very sorry when I got to the end. Can't add any more words to such a good book

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly fantastic read, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Shoes Were For Sunday (Kindle Edition)
From the first page until the very last I couldn't put it down. Funny and yet very sad . I would recommend this book .

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Shoes Were For Sunday (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. The Author went to great detail to describe how life was in 50`s Glasgow slums. A good read and I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys reading about the hardships of latter years and how communities stuck together and overcome the most deprived of times as this Author so brilliantly depicts.

5.0 out of 5 stars shoes were for sunday, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Shoes Were For Sunday (Kindle Edition)
Mollie Weir at her best. brought back so many memories. So funny, i cried with laughter. I would recomend this book to anyone wanting a glimps into the not so distant past.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shoes were for Sunday, 3 July 2012
M. Crawford (Isle of Arran, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shoes Were For Sunday (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book. it brought back some lovely memories of my childhood. I am not as old as Molly was but things didn't change so quickly in those days. Especially on a Scottish island where my grandparents lived.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shoes Were For Sunday, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: Shoes Were For Sunday (Kindle Edition)
Everyone today should read this book and see how wasteful most of us are today Molly was a wonderful lady and told us as it was from 1910 . Nothing was wasted Wonderful book ,which I read many years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a plea from the heart, 10 Oct 2012
This review is from: Shoes Were For Sunday (Kindle Edition)
Please please please tell me that you are going to bring the rest of Molly's books to Kindle - some of mine got damaged when a roof leaked in the storecupboard and I have never been able to replace them all so if you bring them out on Kindle, I will be your number one fan!!!

Shoes Were For Sunday