on 29 March 2012
There is not a great deal of choice out there at the moment for iPad 3 cases. I wanted a case that did not hide the iPad and this case is great, clips in the corners that hold the iPad in very securley, real leather and it turns the iPad off when it's closed. I managed to get it for £17:49 from Currys after hours of searching on the Internet. Very impressed. Highly recommended!!!
on 28 June 2014
For the price this is very good value from a well known brand. The corner clips hold the ipad very securely and show no signs of letting go with use.

Word of advice though, if you have a screen protector fitted you will need to trim it down as these clips fit so snugly they will not go over the screen protector and will instead push it away as you fit them.
on 17 June 2014
I bought this based on the low price in combination with Belkin's reputation for decent middle of the road consumer electronics accessories.

Whilst, i have no doubt that this provides our 3 year old's iPad with sufficient protection from being dropped, it totally fails when it comes to the functionality of providing a useful stand with which to prop up the iPad.

There are no magnets in the cover to enable to support the top cover in the folded position, so it tends to slowly collapse upon itself in most cases.

The worst crime of this product is that when you have eventually achieved the near impossible task of using the cover to support the iPad; you quickly notice that it has a very shallow viewing angle. This means that when the kids place it on a desk or a coffee table to facetime/skype with friends or family, they are usually out of shot of the camera...

This is poorly designed product that will soon be finding a home with the seagulls at the landfill site.
on 22 May 2014
I bought this cover as previous experience with belkin for iphone was great.

Sadly this cover just isn't up to Belkin's previous standard.

The ipad fits super snug in the little corner grips. The outside appears thick enough for good protection but sadly that thick cover means the ipad never stays asleep.

I take my ipad everywhere with me and since buying this new cover the ipad is drained of power before I even get it out of my bag. Even with Autolock set to shortest time, one little movement in the bag and the front opens up just enough to awaken my ipad!

It comes with an elastic strap to keep it closed but the magnets usually used in an ipad cover are just not strong enough and the strap is not snug enough to do the job.

Yes you get what you pay for! But there are similar priced covers out there and they are far superior to this one.

Do not waste even £8 on this item.
on 18 December 2012
Mostly I use my iPad when I'm in bed or lounging about on the sofa so I don't need something that will protect the iPad from missile attacks but it's very nicely made and the materials used in its construction are of a high quality and it feels like it'll last. I particularly like the feel of the faux suede/microfibre lining.

The rubberised plastic corners grip the iPad snuggly and securely and the elastic strap keeps the cover in place nicely. However, the autowake magnets really don't work at all well (I didn't realise it had any initially) so forget that it's supposed to have this feature and just tap the top-right power button if you want to save power.

If autowake isn't important to you then I can highly recommend this case but if it is, look elsewhere.
on 27 February 2014
Excellent seller and excellent case, fits my ipad 2 perfectly and sends it to sleep as soon as I close it. Cost a fraction of all the other cases I was looking at, no point paying for a case from the apple store when this does the same job.
on 17 April 2012
Just read the first review, and while I think some of the negative points raised are valid (it would indeed be better if the cover magnets were stronger and kept it closed without using the elastic strap), I am very pleased with this case. What appealed to me when looking at the many designs/makes available, is the overal very high quality of manufacture, and equally important to me, was the lack of bulk that it adds to the overal size of the device. Some of the other cases doubled or more the thickness of the iPad, rather cancelling out the point of buying such a slim machine in my opinion? Overal then not cheap (but on a par with its competition) but well made and designed and holds/protects the new iPad well. I would certainly recommend.
I bought an iPad for my wife from an Apple Store. I bought an official flip cover with it, which as you probably know, is eye-wateringly expensive. It is also fairly rubbish at protecting the device, leaving the corners exposed as it does. My daughter's iPod recently suffered a smashed screen, so I'm rather unimpressed with the durability of Apple products. This Belkin cover provides the right level of protection and functionality, as well as style, for the iPad, and on top of all of that, is affordable enough that you can buy all the colour options and still be left with change for the price of one official, less protective cover.

At under a tenner, this is a great piece of kit.
on 4 September 2014
Quality leather case, looks good but does not always switch off the ipad automatically which is very frustrating when you come to use it and the battery has almost run down. Disappointed.
on 30 April 2014
Bought this to replace an Apple cover. The wrong one was sent first of all, but when I contacted the seller they replied immediately saying they would replace it. By the following day I had the right cover. Excellent customer service!
The cover itself is much cheaper than the Apple product which is a definite plus. It also has a back protector also which is also a plus. On the negative side the trifold doesn't fold as well as the Apple cover which is why I've only given it 3 stars. Would happily have given izilla 5 stars for their customer service.