5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent

Ok not my cup of tea
Published 25 days ago by C. Mwero

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 6 July 2014
C. Mwero "Radley fan" (Brecon S. Wales uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BLUE MURDER at Kudu: a very British murder mystery novel set in Africa (crime fiction books) (Kindle Edition)
Ok not my cup of tea

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 17 May 2014
declan "decalxy" (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
I thought this would be similar to tom Sharpe (indecent exposure ) however this was so badly written, unfunny and banal I couldn't finish it. This is probably the worst book it has been my misfortune to read let alone purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring!, 27 Feb 2014
If colonial Africa was this boring, the Brits would have left it sooner! I found it hard going and did not finish it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Nov 2013
A brilliant, madcap, hilarious tale of British colonialism in Africa. The plot is fairly complex and involves a huge range of characters from of various nationalities, although the nuttiest are probably the British. I didn't always manage to follow the crazy twists and turns (maybe I wasn't supposed to?) but that certainly didn't prevent me enjoying the story. I have now started reding the next in the series Love and Lunacy at Kudu: a very British romantic comedy novel set in Africa (humourous fiction books)and am enjoying it also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blue Murder at Kudu, 1 Jun 2013
I loved this book It had great humour and wit. Ihave no hesitation in recommending it to anyone with a interest or a love of all things african. If could not put it down
African Nights; Georgina's Story

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read but not fantastic, 10 May 2013
It was okay and I got through to the end but the story just wasn't my cup of tea. Too many side plots and no real conclusions.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read (but quick ending), 8 May 2013
Enjoyed the read and the build up of the wacky characters in the story. A quick ending and I wanted to know a bit more about what happened next. So went looking for the next in the series, none found or other books by the author but again none found to-date.

2.0 out of 5 stars Uninteresting, 1 May 2013
I could not get into this book - it did not grab my interest in the slightest so had to give up. Maybe I will give it another try at a later date

4.0 out of 5 stars Different!, 24 Jan 2013
Not at all what I expected but I really enjoyed it and would recommend it as a good read. The setting gives the extra interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read on holiday - Made me laugh out loud sometimes, 14 Dec 2012
I always liked reading Wilbur Smith's african adventures so I thought I would give this a try. Totally different but very good read.The way the author captures the British eccentricities of colonial rule is excellent. The characters or should I say caricatures are brilliantly fuuny and well observered. When I had finished I immeadiately downloaded Daniel Edmondson follow up.