Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 1 January 2014
This is the first time I've read a book by Anna Smith but she is now up there with my favourite authors.
This book (entitled 'To tell the Truth') had me gripped from the first page and it just got better the more I read. I can honestly say that this is the best book I've read in a while and I read a lot of books. It was exciting, punchy, thrilling, fast-paced with great plots (quite a few that all tied in) and great characters and dialogue. I couldn't put it down! It seems to have been left open (from one strand of the story) and I hope there is a follow on with the same main characters. I'm checking that out after writing this!
If you love to read crime thrillers by the likes of Simon Kernick, Tess Gerritsen, Harlan Coben etc... You will love this book! This author now has me hooked.
on 12 March 2014
I have only read 'The Dead Wont Sleep' and I thought that was good. This one, which followed on, was even better!
The main character 'Rosie Gilmore' loves her job as a newspaper journalist. She gets more than involved in her stories and is always trying to get to the bottom of things. She enlists help from those, who are of like mind and wish to see justice done. This was a non stop thriller, which involved child abduction, which reminded me of the Macganns. It involved pedophiles, sinister gangs and underage sex slavery. In fact, when the story moved to little children, kept in cages, neglected and in darkness, waiting for ' heaven knows what?' It made one realise, what people will do for money, even to innocent children.
on 6 January 2014
I really enjoyed this book and could not put it down. You could say that I inhaled the story over one evening, a morning before work and lunch break. The action was more fast paced and the characters interesting. This was the first Anna Smith book I had read although I understand there are currently two others and I have begun reading in the wrong order. I am a fan of Mary Burton and Karen Rose and it was great reading about a central character from Glasgow with equally enjoyable plot lines. I shall definitely be downloading the author's other titles as well as looking forward to any new books as they are produced.
on 13 May 2015
This was a great read it got you from the start it is hard hitting and thought provoking you may be reading a book but it comes to mind that unfortunately things like this do go on in real life and we go about our lives without thinking about things like this as it is not comfortable but with great writers like this it just brings things to mind a brilliant book well written I have read this author before and will continue to do so a fab story I will look forward to the next book keep up the good work regards Mrs b
on 6 December 2013
I hadn't read anything from this author before but will definitely be downloading another asap !!!
Absolutely fantastically written, draws you in from the first page and takes you on a roller coaster ride of a story !!
Warning box of tissues needed for the end.....
Extremely thought provoking and unsettling.
I will not be giving any of this story away , you need to read it for yourself.
What I will say is move over Martina Cole there's a new kid on the block and she's better !!!!
on 24 March 2013
i chose this rating simply because the book was great!! i am always on the lookout for new books to read,and this took my fancy,because i knew quite a lot of the places she names in the book,and being from glasgow myself,i am ashamed to say,that i've not heard of anna smith before now,but i will buy every one of her books from now on,the book price in itself was great value too,and the delivery was prompt as promised,i will buy from them again!!!!
on 1 January 2014
Really really great read. Completely engrossing.Got attached to the characters in a powerful way. Would reccommend for anyone who gets a glimmer of understanding of the brotherhood that develops between people who put their lives at risk for and with others.A powerful story and in my limited experience of femal authors of this genre is even more eye opening and gripping.Amazed I have not read a book by Anna Smith before.Go to the top of the list.
on 30 December 2013
This was a good story, harrowing topic but wasn't quite expecting the gratuitous elements in the opening chapters and there was no mention in the description that this has such bad language - a warning would have been good and then I would have avoided it.
on 5 February 2014
The story is very well written, lots of different story line and emotional areas . Never confusing and always griping .
The need to move to the next chapter to see what's around the corner.
This book is not to graphic but give you a good idea of the scene .
Good read, kept me going on the short train journey to work and Sunday afternoons.
Think ill read another of Anna Smith's books
on 28 May 2014
Great read, real page turner - up there with Grisham et al. I never bother writing reviews but I highly recommend and have told all my friends.