5.0 out of 5 stars Once again...perfection.
Well just finished reading The Sleepwalker in about 3 and a bit hours and first impressions? I WANT MORE(I guess i'll just have to wait for a couple more months until Dark Sun is published). I'm fourteen and this series is one of my all time favourites that is in league with Darren Shan's Saga (if you haven't already read it then its a great series).

I'll try...
Published on 5 Feb. 2008 by Alex Lee

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful
Absoloutley rubbish i cant believe i got to the end without dyeing of bordom!! It was sooo s***!! Oh my god!!!
Published on 22 Jan. 2013 by Nat Bancroft

5.0 out of 5 stars Once again...perfection., 5 Feb. 2008

I'll try not to reveal any hints to the plot but I can say that this is another fantastic Muchamore book; typically filled with some teenage romance and packed full with sustainable and suprisingly fresh action. If you're a teen (12-17) then you'll understand why these books are so captivating. The books are all written in an agerange that suits its audience's age and personally I think this is one of the best examples of where the author writes for an audience. He writes what we as a generation do (fight, love, sex, drink etc) and doesn't think twice about writing something (no matter how sexually odd it may seem, especially to a parent). Another example? The Alex Rider series but the Cherub series easily outdoes the Alex Rider series in quality, exicitement and each cherub book makes you wish that these guys exist and wishing for more!!!

The Sleepwalker is the 9th book in the series and it is not crucial that you must start from the beggining and work through each book separately but some background knowledge (mainly of relationships and status within Cherub) may be helpful so the first book may deem helpful if you wish to fully understand the latest book.

If you liked the other cherub books then this is a must read that is just waiting to be started and never put down until the last words are read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Muchamore On Cloud Nine!, 1 Feb. 2008
King Johno "Mark Johnson" (Stockport, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Robert Muchamore's first novel: The Recruit, was first published in 2004. 4 years later and over 1 million UK books have been sold, the books are published in over 17 countries and there are plans for a spin off series named Henderson's Boys.

But why has the CHERUB series been so successful?

Well firstly everything in them could be real. Nothing is made to be unrealistic like you might find in the Alex Rider series.

Secondly the books portray a modern teenagers lifestyle. Muchamore relates to what teenagers really get up to, and doesn't hold back.

Finally the characters are all friends, they may fight, kiss, chat or go out to town and Muchamore follows them through every step.

The Sleepwalker is the ninth book in the series and is one of the best.

An action packed, romantic spy adventure it will thrill every teenager across the country.

Buy this for your brother, sister, friend, son, daughter, niece, nephew, grandson, granddaughter anyone who you know who is under 18, over 10 will enjoy this amazing novel from a fantastic author.

5.0 out of 5 stars still loving the CHERUBs!, 14 Mar. 2008
Ann Primmer "paranormal bookworm" (the canal system, england) - See all my reviews
Another very will written, action packed book by Robert Muchamore, forget buying it for your children, siblings, whatever, I'm 30 and think the series is fantastic. Borrowed the first two books from my nephew when I was bored and had nothing to read, and have since bought the rest!
The only thing I would say is that the books say on the back 'Not suitable for younger readers' and I would agree with that, they do get a bit grisly in places.
Whatever your age, buy and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, 25 Mar. 2008
I have to admit that I wasn't a big book fan and I recently got a PS3 and in return I had to read an hour a day for my mum and dad.

I hadn't a clue what to read and my mum went in to a book shop and asked the supervisor 'what should I get?' and he recommended the Sleepwalker. I started reading this and I was amazed I have never read a better book (I haven't read many).

I have now got the first book in the Cherub series and I am really looking forward to reading this.

I would like to say thanks to my mum and dad and the author, Robert Muchamore for making a great book!

10/10 Joe 13

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough read for young people, but very satisfying, 1 Jan. 2014
H J Mac "Heath" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CHERUB: The Sleepwalker (CHERUB Series Book 9) (Kindle Edition)
I think all the Cherub books are tough and have a sort of odd mix of being raw and realistic whilst of course being total fantasy. This one deals with some horrific themes and very graphically. Both storylines contain domestic violence, and it's extremely vile and nasty. There's also child abuse, and a lot of real peril.

The opening scenes are very moving and the story ties up at the end, if you are scared of flying, be warned. I felt tearful reading them, but stuck with the book and I really like how the story played out.

I've always had some ambivalence about James and some of the other characters. I really dislike James's attitude toward women, the way he objectifies girls, and it did make me uncomfortable that there's a description of him admiring the boobs on a 13 year old girl, and the sort of thoughts he often expresses about the girls he meets. He doesn't seem to give women any credit as people, or give them agency in the way he regards them. When I read these books I find myself starting to worry for teenage girls I know and hope boys think more of them, which maybe is a the point, it's scary for young girls out there. However I've always liked the female characters, Lauren, his sister, is very resourceful and likeable. I just assume we don't have to like and admire all the characters, but it does bother me a bit to think of young lads reading and relating to it. I know I've read other reviews which have expressed the same concerns. There's also a rape joke early in this book, which really took me aback. I'm hoping that Robert Muchamore includes these things to show the characters up as being unacceptable, it's very hard to tell.

It's those factors that stop me giving five stars, but the four stars are there because it is thought provoking and it is a very gripping plot and does leave you wanting to read more about the characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another, Enticing CHERUB Book, With two Seperate, Thrilling Plots, 2 Jan. 2009
Well Muchamore has done it again by writing another great book. Although Muchamore always has two different Plots running at the same time in his books, I think that this is one of the most gripping books written. You keep reading on and you can't stop as you want to find out what is wrong, yet you still want the comical side of James working in a "naff Cafe" with his ex-girlfriend, Kerry. I will explain the plot, however, I will not give the ending away: James, the main character, is on the Cherub campus and he needs to do work experience. He hopes it's to do with motorbikes however, all the places have run out, and he gets sent to a "naff cafe"/diner. This is one of the comical factors of this book. Moreover, he is working there with his ex-girlfriend (they don't get on very well). Meanwhile, a frustrated boy rings a police hotline following a plane crash in the Atlantic Ocean and the frustration and nervousness in his voice suggests that something is wrong. The boys name is Fahim and throughout the book, I think you start feel sad for fahim as he is going through a VERY hard time... I will not go any further as it will spoil it for those of you who have not read the book.
The Main Characters: the main characters are probably James who is doing his work experience along with Kerry. Fahim, the boy who rung the hotline is also a main character as well as Lauren and a few others on the mission to help Fahim.
Overall, I think this book is great for children of ages from 12-16 years of age. Muchamore has written a superb book again and I hope he writes more like it. *NOTE* this book does have the "sh" word in it. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A little hint..., 20 April 2011
James is in trouble again on Cherub Campus. He's got to do work experience and he's hoping it's all to do with motorbikes. But it the opposite of what he wanted to and who he wanted to work with. He got a job at Chicken Deluxe, a fast food joint with Kerry a person he hated. Meanwhile a plane has crashed into the Atlantic leaving 345 people dead. A distressed boy rings the terrorist hotline. The fear in his voice must mean something but what? The boy's call is classed as a category grade 4 (Prank call). Mac's wife, daughter in law and grandchildren were among those who died in the plane crash. He's back at cherub going through the calls and comes across this one. Lauren and Jake have to work together on finding out if the boy's right. But there are two problems. Firstly the boy has a history of emotional problems and violence. Secondly, Jake and Lauren hate each other! However they approach the boy called Fahim and ask him if he thinks his dad is the person behind the crash and if they could set up a few listening bugs around his house after school when his dad is away. Unfortunately His dad Hassam Bin Hassam finds one and blames their cleaning lady for it and nearly kills him but Fahim tells him that it was him.
I enjoyed this book. However I do not think it's the best out of the series. I found the first one hundred and thirty pages a little bit boring but the rest was filled with action and thrill.
Read!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sleepwalker, 5 Aug. 2013
I first started the cherub books to make sure they were suitable for my son to read. I loved the first one so much I read the series. Excellent books for good 9+ readers although the later ones are more suited to young teens as,as the lead character James gets older, he gets into girls etc...

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Lauren!, 4 April 2008
Robert Muchamore's latest CHERUB thriller is as gripping and exciting as all his previous books. I stayed up till 2.00am to finish this one. I especially love the fact that James' 13-year-old sister Lauren is becoming an active, resourceful and brave agent. Yay. Girl power.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 12 May 2013
Robert Muchamore did it again and made me want to read the book in one sitting but sadly I had work so I finished it today ( bought the book yesterday) and I loved every bit I started reading CHERUB when I was 10 (just before I turned 11) and I am still 11 and as soon as I started reading I never wanted to stop and the ending threw me by surprise (chapter 37) Robert Muchamore did it do me again making me wanting to read the next book every single book is a real page turner highly recommended for 11+( just for this book other books may have to be older depends on how mature) anyway definitely 5 stars.