on 26 November 2013
Prym fray check is certainly more expensive per ml than other products but I am happy to pay this as it is well worth it. The product is quite liquid so if you are looking for something gloopier I'd look elsewhere but it dries invisible - I've used it on taffetas, cottons, chiffons and organzas. It has a tendancy to spread when you apply it but as it dries invisible this is not an issue. It works beautifully on upholstery trims too to stiffen the ends and prevent unravelling. If you are looking for something more glue-like this is not the product for you, but it DOES dry fairly crisply and I've never seen it affect the drape of fabric. I use it on everything and it makes grading seams so much cleaner! In addition to tidying up raw edges before and after seaming I use it to stop embroidery or trim from unravelling. Particularly where your cutting crosses embroidered patterns.
on 12 February 2013
Used it to seal wefts and it did the job.
would reccomend for anyone looking to use to stop fray.
on 12 July 2013
I use it to seal my weave and it works very very well. I would buy it again. Got it with the time limit
on 16 January 2014
Has stopped my fabric from fraying, which is so handy for when I'm working on it. You only need a thin strip right on the edge so the bottle lasts a while. The only thing would be it smells quite strong while its drying, but that does fade, and I tend to leave it overnight so it can dry properly.
on 16 January 2013
I used this to stop the fraying of an applique on a quilt. It worked beautifully and is just what I wanted.
on 14 March 2012
Very easy to apply and definitely works to prevent fraying. At first I couldn't figure out how to get the glue out of the bottle and ended up snipping the top of the spout and then piercing it with a pin - no idea whether there was supposed to be some other way in! But this glue is an essential in my sewing kit.
on 1 November 2013
Bought this product to seal the wefts on my brazilian hair extensions to reinforce the tracks and minimize shedding. It worked well. The application was very easy as it was easy to control the amount of liquid coming out of the tube so I was able to use directly on the hair without making a mess. It held its place even after washing the hair but did rub off a little on certain areas which is expected.

Liquid dries clear and without sheen so is hardly noticeable. It also dries very quickly. Within 5 seconds of applying the product is almost no longer visible.

Overall a very good product as it does the job - It's a cheap way to seal the wefts on hair extensions. (and also stops snags on your tights from pulling)
on 17 June 2015
Does what it's supposed to do! A favourite cotton top developed a small hole in one of its sleeves after it caught on a thorn. I thought I'd try this product to reduce the likelihood of the hole getting larger or the edges fraying. Acting on the advice of other reviewers, I waited a couple of minutes after applying the Fray Check (on the reverse of the material), then went over it with a cool iron until the darker spot had disappeared. The result - the edges of the little hole were sealed and there was only a very slight stiffening of the surrounding material. This will be a welcome addition to my sewing kit!
on 21 October 2014
Looks bigger in the picture than in real life but there was more than enough for 3 bundles of 14" Brazilian hair to seal the wefts with and still got loads left over but it does have a strong smell
on 12 August 2013
Great for edges of linen which can loose its shape when you over lock on machine, l use it for edges also on aida when l am cross stitching. Just be careful not to get it on your hands or furniture.