5.0 out of 5 stars Just doing it!, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Sailing Alone Around the World (annotated) (Kindle Edition)
I've read the book a few times throughout my life and now I own it. I am a sailor with my own yacht and it gives me inspiration reading how Joshua did this all that time ago. I've also read his other books which I love and will purchase in due course.
Dc

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 4 May 2013
Some of the words and phrases are rather strange, but then the book is over a hundred years old.This guy is an absolute navigating genius, read it in a couple of days, which is good for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars By thy long grey beard and glittering eye!, 1 April 2013
A. R. Kitchen - See all my reviews
Salty tales to be taken, at times, with a pinch of salt. Wonderfully evocative, amazing achievement and well written account - not sure I fully believe some of the anecdotes but, at a distance of 100 years perhaps, I should make allowances for an old sea dog! Love his sense of humour - his comments on the botanical expedition in New Zealand are priceless. Buy it, read it, enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Joshua Slocum, 27 Feb 2013
One of those books I will always pick up to read again and again. Thoroughly enjoyable from cover to cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true Classic, 3 Feb 2013
A great read for any keen sailor! But it will make you feel small in this age of tech !

Sailing Alone Around the World (annotated)
1.96