5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with purchase.
Published 18 months ago by Judge 7750

3.0 out of 5 stars not that good
this maybe a great light if you live in a country where the sun shines all the time. It faill to light up more times than it lights. so not much good for an entrance light, which it was bought for. Can not recommend this to anyone who lives in the UK
Published on 2 Jan. 2013 by David Oates

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with purchase., 12 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Frostfire 16 Bright LED Wireless Solar Powered Motion Sensor Light (Weatherproof, no batteries required) (Garden & Outdoors)
I purchased two of these excellent lights, having read many reviews and I'm delighted with them. I required a zero maintenance light to illuminate the side passage of my ageing parents-in-law's bungalow, following one of them having a fall recently and these fitted the bill being solar powered, aluminium and good looking. Both units worked straight from the box without the need for solar charging, although they arrived on a rare sunny day and I did eventually give them a couple of hours charging.
One comment I noted from other reviews was the poor solar charging. I wonder if this might be due to the buyer not removing the clear protective film that covers the solar panel. If left on this may have an effect on charging and it is easily missed. Also others have mentioned the lack of the 'key' mentioned in the instructions, when in fact its no more than a pin that is inserted into the tiny hole by the sensor (clearly marked 'on/off), to activate the unit initially and to deactivate it if you don't want it to work at all.
If you do these simple things, then the light performs perfectly and is far better than expected. The light spread is limited, but ideal for passages, gateways and areas where immediate light is needed. I think these lights are great value for money and highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINAL impressions...excellent. with caveat, 8 Oct. 2012
RAJ (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
As other reviewers have said, the unit is smaller than expected. Unlike other lights I looked at (online and at B&Q), it is very well constructed; has a premium feel to it with quality aluminium rather than the black plastic of all the others. It arrived at 3pm on a sunny day in October, so it only had 3 hours of low sun for its first charge. At dusk the low light came on and I was astonished how bright the LED's are when the PIR is triggered. It exactly provides what I was looking for - a solar powered automatic unit that lights up up a dark area next to my garage and bins. It has been up for 2 nights, and 3 gloomy days and the light seems to be bright and operational until dawn (I can't be sure unless I wake at at 5am just to check it!), but was working very well right through to midnight or so. At first I was not sure I wanted the 'low light' on permanently in the dark, but in fact, I think it is quite good, but does I assume drain the battery. It looks so good I am tempted to buy a second for the house front, where the modern style of the fitting exactly fits the house. Only time will tell if the unit is waterproof and charges enough over the dark winter months. I will try to post an update in a few months.

But first impressions are excellent - well made, stylish, premium feel, easy to fit and operate ("fit and forget"), and a remarkably bright light.

Update: Still working well, despite less and less sunlight for charging. I angled at 45 degrees as this works better for where I need the light to shine and how the PIR triggers; also has benefit, I suppose, of giving a better angle for charging, and encourages water to run off than collect on the top of the unit. It remains on its low light setting from dusk (about 7pm now) to dawn (about 6:30 am). Still impressed.

Update 2: Very gloomy November days....not enough sunlight to charge the unit so it has been non functioning for a few days. Will be interested to see if a sunny winter day will charge it. Worth keeping in mind this limitation.

Update 3: By January I can now see that the light is unlikely to charge properly in the winter months. I only get light (and then until say 8 pm) if it has been a very sunny day. Gloomy days in mid winter will not charge it. For most users this will be an effective light source for no more than 8 months of the year.

Final Update: The council installed a lamppost so I no longer needed the light where it was. I moved it to the front of house - where it gets sunlight (such as it is) even in the winter. Now it works all through the night even during dark November days. Impressive given how little daylight there is. Still angled at 45 degrees so that rain runs off. It does even better as a light for the front door area - on all the time after dark and brightens as soon as the PIR triggered (even when I just open the front door). Literally brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bright unit., 8 Jun. 2013
This little unit gives off a good amount of light when activated. The two levels of light - dim and bright (when activated via sensor) are great. I bought this as a test unit to see if I would invest in more units - so far I have no problems and will buy more units.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super light from a small unit, 5 Mar. 2013
lasts all night. great light for its the garden. great for places with no power and charges even in low light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than i'd Imagined., 15 Jan. 2014
I was pleasantly surprised by this light. When I first unwrapped the light from the packaging I thought it was going to be too small and not up to the job, but what a surprise. Its actually a very good piece of kit and very well made. The light it gives off is very bright and does what I needed it too do a treat. After the light is initially activated there is a period when its on full glow but after a while the light then dims and then eventually turns itself off. And of course its solar powered so no need for batteries or recharging etc. Great piece of kit and i'll be ordering another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frostfire 16 lights the way forward in the dark winter months ahead ! ! !, 31 Oct. 2014
pamela goodwin (Yeovil, Somerset) - See all my reviews
I was a little concerned that this light would not be big enough to light up the entrance to the shed and also whether it would have enough charge in it to use regularly in the winter months. I need not have worried though as this is exactly what I wanted, and have had the light for over 12 months and it does exactly what it is meant to ! ! Solar power has progressed a lot over the years and this light not only lights up the entrance to the shed but also lights up enough of the shed inside, to be able to light the way so i can get my bike in every night/evening. This has got to be one of the best value for money solar lights that you can buy on the market, at this price. It always charges up enough power to hi light the entrance to the shed, and even when the day hasn`t been at all sunny it will work for at least 4/5 hours in the dull winter evenings on standby mode. Great light that I would highly recommend to anyone who is wanting to buy an item that is worth it`s weight in gold in this price range ! ! !

3.0 out of 5 stars not that good, 2 Jan. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended out door light, 10 Dec. 2014
Bought this light due to the reviews I read from other customers and I was very happy with the product, has a built in battery with 50,000 hours of light as well as being solar powered, the detection range is very good and gives off plenty of light from the 16 led lights, as an out door light I thought it was a bit on the small side but was pleasently surprised by the light it gave off, 5 star rating for this product and would highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars So far exceeding expectations, 25 Nov. 2013
D. Emmerson (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
As this was relatively inexpensive I was not expecting this light to be as good as it has been so far. It was fixed it get maximum sun even during the winter months. So far it has operated successfully even on dull days although it stops working earlier. Even part sunny days seem to power up the unit. It gives a much better than expected pool of bright light and the movement activation is instant. As this is written it is close to the end of November and it is still operating well. Update 1 - Operated reasonably well through the winter only a few days when it did not light up at all but I was not expecting to too much without sunshine. Now it is late Spring it has really charged up again and now gives a fantastic light for many hours. Will seriously consider getting another one of these. Great purchase & saving £'s

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I was hoping, 9 Jan. 2013
C. Marney (UK) - See all my reviews
This light is mostly dark! Although I have it in good daylight it does not gain the power to work through the evening. Very disappointed.