on 30 April 2013
very easy to use and very reliable.
love the colour
love the zoom and the quality of pictures
Happy customer..
on 24 June 2013
I love its compact size, it's touch screen for checking back over photos. The touch screen is also handy for pressing record and stop on screen when videoing. I've had no problem transferring photos and video wirelessly to my ipad, just downloaded windows canon on the ipad and they talk to each other very successfully, no leads or plug-ins needed--great.
I'm just back from holiday with over 240 photos and video to transfer, not tried yet, although I transferred them effortlessly to my laptop from the memory stick to have a quick look.
I really like that just the battery has to be charged in a battery charger, because having 2 extra batteries with me on holiday meant that the camera was never out of my hand and the batteries were drained fully before recharging.
Because of the big screen and looking back over photos I wanted to delete and checking video, you do use up batteries quicker. But saying that, in a week of constant use only 2 batteries charged and the second still going strong.
I also love that I now have a video camera and photograph camera all in one.
I loved the zoom particularly for videoing parts of shows on the cruise ship. The picture quality, sound and colours are excellent quality. The wide screen picture is an added bonus.
My only negatives are 2 things.
1. The touch screen menu takes a bit of getting used to, especially when I turned on the continuous shot feature and found it difficult to turn it off. My husband suggested putting the top switch to automatic and it was back to normal..
2. My second negative is similar. Because of a delay of maybe 3 seconds after taking a photo, it isnt possible to take another and a moment can be missed before next picture is snapped.

On the whole, I'm delighted with my new camera, terrific value for money, small neat pocket size, always to hand, great picture/video quality, excellent zoom function, easy wireless transfer to ipad, good battery life, easy use. My first Canon product, up to now I've had Sony cameras.
on 15 January 2013
Bought this for my other half for xmas to capture all the precious moments with the grand children, absolutely the right purchase, she loves it !
simple easy to use point and shoot camera but with a lot of other great features.
would recommend to anybody else looking for a decent camera to capture and treasure those special memories.
on 9 May 2013
I've already got a canon 600D and wanted a small camera to carry around all the time. This is a great little camera, easy to use, good clear screen, and plenty of features. Would recommend .
on 19 June 2013
I am usually a very critical assessor. I read most of the reviews before purchasing this camera. I have owned a Nikon camera with wifi and although the photos were great, the wifi was pretty much useless. Therefore with the many frustrations about wifi connectivity highlighted below, I was nervous about purchasing this camera.

I nevertheless did. This is one hell of a great machine at the price. Photos are superb, and as a bonus - the wifi connectivity with laptop & smartphone has been a delight. The instructions are crystal clear and all works fabulously well.

Motto - read all reviews carefully, weigh the comments and sometimes that leap of faith will deliver :)
on 20 July 2013
It is a very smart camera - soft black and a pretty shape. It takes lovely snaps. However it seemed overwhelmed when the dynamic range was largish. Pictures I took in dappled shade had pale grey areas where there was too much light for it.

It is very small and easily goes in a shirt pocket and it weighs very little.

The menu system is rather complex and there were things I couldnt find at all, but I assumed that I would get used to it. I didnt get the wifi going, but again I felt sure that I eventually would.

But I couldnt see how I could put up with the poor dynamic range. Amazon kindly accepted a return.
on 15 July 2013
When taking pictures, I like this camera. The screen is easy to see, zoom is quiet and it takes the picture well. I'm pleased with every photo I've taken, ranging from close up to stickers to record the serial numbers, or zoomed in shots of aircraft at Duxford IWM hangar.

I do find that the screen has to be pressed quite hard - if you're used to modern smart phones and the light touch they need then this screen seems a bit unresponsive.

My low rating is because the wifi refuses to upload my photos to the computer (though USB cable works fine). I have spent hours following the instructions, enabling discovery, enabling media streaming, disabling firewalls, entering access codes etc but all to no avail. I have to say that I develop software (for over 30 years) and know how the various protocols work, so I'm not making dumb mistakes. The wifi isn't dead - it does see my access point (a modern Linksys device), accepts the access code and shows the names of computers on the network, but no further than that and no error codes (just a failed message). I tried connecting to a couple of computers, I tried WPS too. No luck.

I contacted Canon customer support who replied with install the latest software and to follow the same instruction page that I already used. I played along and screen grabbed everything and photo'd the camera. They've not responded since. So I'm returning it (to Canon because I've gone beyond Amazon's simpler 30 day no quibble return policy).
on 13 May 2013
Canon IXUS 240 HS Digital Camera with Wi-Fi: Pocket-sized compact camera with Wi-Fi and touchscreen controls

Pros: Large screen, Styling, Effects, Fast shutter response, Great in low light, Super compact, Slim metal body, Full 1080p HD movie recording, Good noise performance at higher ISO settings

Cons: Slow continuous shooting, Battery life, Fairly expensive for a compact camera

Rating: 4/5
on 2 August 2013
I bought this camera because I'd had a much earlier version (which had finally died after endless use) but this is less robust in some respects. The holder for the battery in the camera is flimsy and doesn't work well. I suspect it will break before too long which will render the camera useless. The battery charger had a loose plug and is difficult to get to work. One of those where it will only do what it's supposed to when partly pulled out of the socket. Some of the features are more gimmick than useful or practical. The super slow movie decreases the quality to such a degree the footage is barely viable, some of the other effects just seem silly or not to work well at all. On the other hand the hand held night scene is most effective, the basic video quality is good for such a small camera which isn't a video maker first, the photo quality is reasonable. For the price here it's not bad, but it's not worth what the full stated price is.
on 30 May 2013
1) The main appeal for me of this camera was its wifi ability. I watched the video on the canon website and relished the idea of being able to flick pictures from this camera to my phone/tablet/pc.... No! Would not connect to my wifi at all and I have had no other problems with my home wifi. So I am really disappointed with this aspect.

2) I also found the camera to be so small I was afraid I would drop it all the time, (and I am female with delicate hands)

3) On the same subject, I found the touch screen to be quite fiddly. You need patience and a delicate touch. It would be so easy to hit delete!!

4) I also found that after taking a photo there was a waiting time before you saw the picture and before you could take the next picture. I was using a good sd card too... one of the extreme sans discs (10)

5) Before I hit on the positives one more thing, when in the specs you see the lcd screen size... erm... no... not quite! I was really disappointed because I like to see my picture fill the screen and view it really clearly but your photo only takes up the middle portion of the screen with a column on the left and right for menu and displays.

The positives have to be that when I tried this camera I found lots of new functions on it that my old ixus doesn't do. So I have gone and bought a powershot sx260 hs. It's a bit more sturdy, got a great zoom on it and has all the functions of this ixus 240 hs. It's great for point and shoot and you can work it manually too.

So in conclusion, I am no camera expert but I do like good photos. Most of the time I point and shoot but occasionally I experiment. This is a great point and shoot camera and if you can get the wifi going I am sure it is good too.

I did not print any pictures so I cannot comment on that. I hope this as been helpful :-)