5.0 out of 5 stars very happy with camera
very easy to use and very reliable.
love the colour
love the zoom and the quality of pictures
Happy customer..
Published 15 months ago by Maria Breen

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Camera but poor at high dynamic range
It is a very smart camera - soft black and a pretty shape. It takes lovely snaps. However it seemed overwhelmed when the dynamic range was largish. Pictures I took in dappled shade had pale grey areas where there was too much light for it.

It is very small and easily goes in a shirt pocket and it weighs very little.

The menu system is rather complex...
Published 12 months ago by fiddlur

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy with camera, 30 April 2013
very easy to use and very reliable.
love the colour
love the zoom and the quality of pictures
Happy customer..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera..beware about the one stars.., 19 Jun 2013
Kish Rathor "KR" (Harrow, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon IXUS 240 HS Digital Camera with Wi-Fi - Black (16.1 MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.2 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
I am usually a very critical assessor. I read most of the reviews before purchasing this camera. I have owned a Nikon camera with wifi and although the photos were great, the wifi was pretty much useless. Therefore with the many frustrations about wifi connectivity highlighted below, I was nervous about purchasing this camera.

I nevertheless did. This is one hell of a great machine at the price. Photos are superb, and as a bonus - the wifi connectivity with laptop & smartphone has been a delight. The instructions are crystal clear and all works fabulously well.

Motto - read all reviews carefully, weigh the comments and sometimes that leap of faith will deliver :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, 15 Jan 2013
Bought this for my other half for xmas to capture all the precious moments with the grand children, absolutely the right purchase, she loves it !
simple easy to use point and shoot camera but with a lot of other great features.
would recommend to anybody else looking for a decent camera to capture and treasure those special memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy so far, 24 Jun 2013
I love its compact size, it's touch screen for checking back over photos. The touch screen is also handy for pressing record and stop on screen when videoing. I've had no problem transferring photos and video wirelessly to my ipad, just downloaded windows canon on the ipad and they talk to each other very successfully, no leads or plug-ins needed--great.
I'm just back from holiday with over 240 photos and video to transfer, not tried yet, although I transferred them effortlessly to my laptop from the memory stick to have a quick look.
I really like that just the battery has to be charged in a battery charger, because having 2 extra batteries with me on holiday meant that the camera was never out of my hand and the batteries were drained fully before recharging.
Because of the big screen and looking back over photos I wanted to delete and checking video, you do use up batteries quicker. But saying that, in a week of constant use only 2 batteries charged and the second still going strong.
I also love that I now have a video camera and photograph camera all in one.
I loved the zoom particularly for videoing parts of shows on the cruise ship. The picture quality, sound and colours are excellent quality. The wide screen picture is an added bonus.
My only negatives are 2 things.
1. The touch screen menu takes a bit of getting used to, especially when I turned on the continuous shot feature and found it difficult to turn it off. My husband suggested putting the top switch to automatic and it was back to normal..
2. My second negative is similar. Because of a delay of maybe 3 seconds after taking a photo, it isnt possible to take another and a moment can be missed before next picture is snapped.

On the whole, I'm delighted with my new camera, terrific value for money, small neat pocket size, always to hand, great picture/video quality, excellent zoom function, easy wireless transfer to ipad, good battery life, easy use. My first Canon product, up to now I've had Sony cameras.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, 9 May 2013
I've already got a canon 600D and wanted a small camera to carry around all the time. This is a great little camera, easy to use, good clear screen, and plenty of features. Would recommend .

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Camera but poor at high dynamic range, 20 July 2013

It is very small and easily goes in a shirt pocket and it weighs very little.

The menu system is rather complex and there were things I couldnt find at all, but I assumed that I would get used to it. I didnt get the wifi going, but again I felt sure that I eventually would.

But I couldnt see how I could put up with the poor dynamic range. Amazon kindly accepted a return.

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon IXUS 240 HS Digital Camera with Wi-Fi:, 13 May 2013
Canon IXUS 240 HS Digital Camera with Wi-Fi: Pocket-sized compact camera with Wi-Fi and touchscreen controls

Pros: Large screen, Styling, Effects, Fast shutter response, Great in low light, Super compact, Slim metal body, Full 1080p HD movie recording, Good noise performance at higher ISO settings

Cons: Slow continuous shooting, Battery life, Fairly expensive for a compact camera

Rating: 4/5

4.0 out of 5 stars IXUS 240 HS, 15 July 2013
Have been using this camera for a fortnight now and am generally very pleased with it. The battery is slightly better than described- I've taken 300 photos and transferred them to my ipad over wi-fi this weekend and the battery still has some juice left (not much, though).
The pictures it takes are of excellent quality. My photographer friend was surprised some of them had been taken on a regular point and shoot. I especially like the macro photos it takes, very nice softening of the background.
The wi-fi option is great for quickly transferring photos to devices. I haven't used it with my PC but the connection to my ipad is very simple. You just download a free app from Canon, open it, connect your camera to your home wi-fi, give both devices a name and they talk to each other very effectively. You can only transfer up to 50 photos at a time, and you have to tick each one separately to select it for uploading but it is soooo much more convenient than the traditional take-your-card-out-of-the-camera-then-stick-it-in-your-PC method.
The only complaint I have is that the 5x optical zoom is too little. I have found myself several times really wishing I could get closer to my subject and the zoom just lets me down. It would be the perfect point-and-shoot camera if it had a more powerful zoom.
Overall, I recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone who wants a nice little camera to take photos of family and friends and general subjects with and be guaranteed of great results (almost) every time. However, if you think that you may want to regularly take photos of scenery involving zooming I would consider another camera with a bigger zoom.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 18 Jun 2013
great camera, makes fantastic pictures. highly recommended. just had a baby and it makes amazing baby shots, it s small so easy to take everywhere

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon IXUS 240 HS, 11 Jun 2013
Arrived promptly as per postage detailed in robust packaging. Mint condition. Worked perfectly. Takes good photos. Meets the described specification exactly. Pleased with result little camera lag in being able to text next photo even with hi-speed SDHC Card.