5.0 out of 5 stars Great things DO come in small packages...
For me, the purchase of the Canon PowerShot A2400 IS Digital Camera - Pink (16.0 MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD was a real should I/shouldn't I battle. I had always owned the same make of camera previously (not Canon) and wondered if I was doing the right thing changing to a different manufacture for the upgrade I wanted. I definitely made the right choice...
Published on 24 Nov. 2012 by Mrs Morley

2.0 out of 5 stars Some bad results
Bought this camera from Amazon during its' Black Friday event last year, to replace my water damaged Casio compact.

Having now used the camera for some time now I have to give it a thumbs down in comparison to my old Casio camera.

Just about every aspect of this camera ( apart from flash on or off), is auto.

So no pre sets for different...
Published 20 months ago by R. P. K ( Kent)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great things DO come in small packages..., 24 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Canon PowerShot A2400 IS Digital Camera - Pink (16.0 MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD (Electronics)
For me, the purchase of the Canon PowerShot A2400 IS Digital Camera - Pink (16.0 MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD was a real should I/shouldn't I battle. I had always owned the same make of camera previously (not Canon) and wondered if I was doing the right thing changing to a different manufacture for the upgrade I wanted. I definitely made the right choice!

The Canon A2400is is small, light and very easy to use. The quality of the photographs it takes is exceptional, and the video option is quick and simple to access and, as with the photographs, the quality is truly outstanding.

The large capacity SD cards that are available to purchase mean that a tremendous amount of pictures and film footage can be recorded with minimal chance or running out of space, although I personally have opted for keeping a couple of spare cards handy so I can separate events for my own personal ease.

The battery will last through a good day out and beyond with normal use, but again the battery itself is so small it is easy and hassle free to charge a spare and keep it handy.

Overall this camera is ideal if you want something simple to use, compact, lightweight and multifunctional, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a camera that offers great value for money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Some bad results, 30 Oct. 2013

Just about every aspect of this camera ( apart from flash on or off), is auto.

So no pre sets for different scenes.

I recently took a shot which I would normally choose a backlight setting for, and it produced a good background with a grossly underexposed foreground subject. Hopeless, as there was no way for me to adjust or select a suitable setting to produce a good shot.

I have also found, on several occasions, If you point and shoot too quickly, you end up with blurry / out of focus pics and even worse when videoing.

It seems that if the movie clip starts off out of focus, then it never corrects itself, resulting in a worthless outcome throughout.

I have now adapted my shootiong technique to discipline myself to press the buttons slowly and allow it time to settle / focus before starting a shoot a pic or a video clip. Even so I still end up with an occasional blur.

In summary an inflexible product, and If this is typical of Cannon cameras, then it will be my last.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 2 Nov. 2012
Great value for money! very easy to use & got alot of great family photos put of it. Easy to install onto the computer.
Would recommend this to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars great camera, great price, 4 Sept. 2013
I already have this camera and bought it for my granddaughter for her birthday. I bought it due the great photos it takes but also value for money. My granddaughter is 8 and thought of buying a child's camera but there was not much of a difference in price just in quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin! Good value, but terrible video mode! Not HD!, 1 July 2013
Managed to purchase a new one of these for £54 from a major high street retailer. Very impressed! Image quality is really good for a cheap point and shoot and the IS helps with sharpness. I bought the pink version - as thought it was the prettiest colour! Black is very boring - all serious cameras are Black! This is a really fun camera- perfect for events, nights out, festivals.

Beware that the video mode on the camera is pretty awful. HD my a*se. Very very noisy even in bright light conditions. Worse than my iphone camera.

Not sure whether it was necessary for the sensor to be 16MP either - as they take up so much storage space - when my old canon 12MP super zoom takes better quality images.

Still - a good fun attractive camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 7 Jan. 2013
Bought as a Christmas present for my 12 year old daughter. It is compact and easy to carry around. It has many different settings and effects and has kept her entertained. It has a good zoom for a small camera and takes a good photo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, 9 Jan. 2013
I am not a photographer nor can I be particularly bothered with the usual hassle surrounding taking photographs. I just want to "snap and go" and this camera allows me to do exactly that, giving me much better photographs than the amount of time I invested in taking them really deserved. What can I say? It's great and a really fetching shade of pink!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pocket camera, 2 Feb. 2013
I bought this a s a result of a recommendation and it fitted with a trip I was planning. I am not disappointed with the quality. It's taken lots and lots of photos... Been on several overseas trips. Taken videos as well as snaps ... It's a great buy for a snap happy person

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 24 Jan. 2013
Love the camera, very easy to use and takes brilliant photos so am very happy with purchase arrived well packed and in good time

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 2 Jan. 2014
Got this for my young daughter and it is a great little camera. Good pictures can be taken and its light and easy to store.