5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Powershot A2400IS
Published 24 months ago by Stewart

Picture quality doesn't look like 16MP rather than 14MP. The camera has problems focusing as the screen becomes all fuzzy and blurry.
Published 17 months ago by rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Powershot A2400IS, 21 July 2012
This review is from: Canon PowerShot A2400 IS Digital Camera - Silver (16.0 MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD (Electronics)
I already have a canon EOS and I was looking for a small pocket camera to replace an old Nikon camera. At the discounted price on Amazon of 79.99 for the Canon Powershot I did not think I could lose. I rather expected a cheap camera at that price. However I am amazed at the quality of pictures and features available comparable to much more expensive cameras. Amazing value, lightweight with a good LCD screen. Ideal for carrying in your pocket and on holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little camera, 9 July 2012
Mr. Patrick G. Wilson "wendles" (weston somerset) - See all my reviews
Bought this camera for a tour of Italy and was as please as punch with the performance. Even taking shots inside a dark church, without flash, the results excellent. The facial recognition was a boon when taking people shots.
Only small criticism was having to print instructions off the DVD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cannon A2400 IS Camera, 7 July 2012
The camera has been great so far. Very handy to have in your pocket to carry anywhere. Screen is not easy to see in bright sunlight. I like the disk with instructions as I am a 'point & hope for the best' photographer! Just a shame you are not told the camera kit does not include a memory card.Just as well I purchased a 'bigger one' at the same time as the camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars 50 off, go on then, 4 Jun 2012
(re review in response to the fair comment below)

I am not a camera buff so will come at this from 'laymans'angle, so can only compare it to similar style digital camera's. I found that in low light it does quite well at close range, it does look a bit hazy and powerful lights in the distance can blurr. I would recommend charging the battery every night or taking a second, depending on use although I'd be surprised if you'd need a second. There isn't a view finder, just the screen which isn't the biggest screen in fairness but we found it fine to use, it is a bright screen so was good in sunlight-occasionally we did have to shield the screen when the sun was pointing directly onto it but I'd have thought that would be the same with most cameras and the distance of camera to eyes makes it rare you'd end up having to shield it (ie sun infront of camera or behind head most times).

One thing I forgot to mention in the original review is the 'biggest' negative for me is that the buttons are inverted which can be hard to use although I got used to it...not sure the reasoning on way they intrude instead of 'stick out', seems a pretty daft design but one you can get used to.

Overall though it is a very nice camera that gives very clear pictures and that price really cant be sniffed at.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 2 Aug 2012
Fab camera for a fab price. Extremely light and easy to use. Very clear and colourful pictures. Great zoom...only reason I haven't given it a 5th star is because I can't comment on a lot of it's features as I only use it for the simple stuff!

1.0 out of 5 stars don't go off the reviews to make a purchase-RETURNED CAMERA AFTER FIRST TIME USING IT!!!!!, 27 Jan 2013
Besides that, the flash takes a lot of time to get ready to fire the first time so if the camera is off and you want to take a picture, be sure to turn on the camera some time before that, which in most cases isn't possible so you'll lose your shot. It can't save the files ilke it's supposed to so I lost priceless moments, to me it's just a toy camera and wouldn't recommend it to anyone as it doesn't deliver what its supposed it.
It was very disappointing experience as Canon is supposed to be the best brand in the digital world.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal pocket sized camera for me, 6 Nov 2012
This camera is an ideal size to take out for snapping my favourite shots. It has so many features it is a bargain at the price. Just one downside, it is a pity a memory card is an extra. I would not have minded paying a little more to have it included with the original. It is a bit like buying an iron without the plug!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, 1 Dec 2012
Martyn Brewer (Braunton, Devon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This camera is the best I've ever owned. Easy to use. Flexible, Sharp images. It is an invaluable adjunct to my blogging life. Well made and I especially like the fact that it has a rechargeable battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Compact, 21 Nov 2012
Mitchell (Boston Spa, Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Splendid compact digital camera at a real bargain price. Includes chargeable battery and comprehensive auto facility. Easily fits in a pocket so you can carry it with you always for that impromptu photo opportunity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Snapshot Deal, 12 Nov 2012
This is a great little camera. Does everything I need and replaces an ailing Canon Ixus 500 which cost twice as much and only had about half the mega pixels and optical zoom. Would have been nice to have had a carry case and memory card without having to search on line etc. but a really good buy, delivered very promptly and no problems.