5.0 out of 5 stars Canon PowerShot A4000 IS
This camera takes great photos and the zoom is pretty good, better than the 5X zoom of others. Well built and a decent brand in a choice of colours. Put up the brightness so you can see the screen in sunlight. I did this to my other camera and its made a difference. I would pick up a spare battery from ebay so you are not caught out. The colour reproduction is better than...
Published 20 months ago by James Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Rubbish
I bought this for someone as a birthday present. It was fine for about 2 months and then the pictures taken started to look very blurry, eventually just being like a 'white-out' with nothing visible. When it was working the photos were never as good as my own Panasonic compact digital camera. I have bought Canon before and they were fine but this just seems like a...
Published 16 months ago by Laura

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Canon PowerShot A4000 IS Digital Camera - Red (16.0 MP, 8x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD (Electronics)
This superb little camera does everything it says it will. It's handy size fits neatly into either a handbag or pocket and the picture quality is brilliant. Wouldnt wish for a better camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 4 Feb 2013
no SD card
no sheath
UK plug
8X 16mpx :D
came with a tap that does not affect operation
;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Little smart camera, 26 Jan 2013
Love it! Its nice and portable, takes great pictures and transferring them to your PC is quick and easy. I'd absolutely recommend it :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Very complicated, 22 Jan 2013
J. martinho - See all my reviews
update 25/09/2013

After almost one year of using this machine i still don't like it.

I have understood, almost, all of the setting but the time it takes to take the picture is just a killer for this camera.
Remember the first cameras on the mobile phones that took "years" to take the picture, this is like that and if you take it on a tour either don't bother to take any pictures or all of then will be "just a second to late".

I'm now searching for a new camera that will not only have good picture quality but also is fast, like my mobile phone.

first week use:

with this machine is very dificult to get a stable image.

I have tried almost all modes and none gives me a image without blur.

on the other side it make very good movies :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought As A Gift, 15 Jan 2013
This was bought at a reduced price from Amazon and I think it's very good value for money. Seems easy to use. The bigger screen is helpful for someone of more mature years I think. Came well packaged and within the suggested delivery time. Compact but not too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera, 13 Jan 2013
A lovely camera. Bought on black Friday deal so excellent value .
Daughter very pleased as it was a Christmas gift to her. Takes very clear photos . Prompt delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars great little camera, 7 Jan 2013
great little point and shoot camera. pictures look great and movie mode is good. Not HD but fine for the times we need would ever use it. Only grip is minor really, in that I also have a Canon powershot D10 and that seems easier to navigate around, kind of expecting it to be the same. Having said that would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon PowerShot A4000 IS Digital Camera - Red (16.0 MP, 8x Optical...Canon, 30 Dec 2012
it was for my husband he already had the canon A2200 but it got broke while on holiday and he loves canon so i got him a upgrade

3.0 out of 5 stars Bigger and heavier than expected, 18 Dec 2012
Martin Berry (Surrey, England.) - See all my reviews
This camera was ordered as a Christmas present for one of my daughters. On opening the delivered package to check that all was ok I was struck by how bulky and heavy this camera was compared with the camera it was meant to replace, an Ixus. Perhaps I should have anticipated this, given that the Ixus costs considerably more and is known for its compactness, but I must also say, on reviewing Amazon's own advertising of the product, that there is no information that I can see in the technical details or elsewhere about its size and weight, and the accompanying photos of the camera could mislead the viewer - as I think I was misled - into thinking it was smaller and less bulky than it actually is. That said, I would acknowledge that, out of the box, and comparisons with the Ixus laid to one side, it is a good looking camera, and it does have a very large LCD screen.

The camera has now been returned to Amazon for a refund. I cannot comment on the performance of the camera as I didn't operate it, but I have felt compelled regretfully to give it an average rating to reflect my disappointment with its relative bulk and weight.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, 29 Dec 2012
Probably more suitable colour for a girl. I sent mine back as I didn't think my son would like the colour. I ordered a blue one instead.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›