5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor, highly recommended
Let's keep this short and to the point:
1. No HDMI cable provided - just buy one for <2, if that's what you need; don't gripe when you don't find one in the box - it's clear from the description it only comes with a D-SUB or standard VGA cable (the blue-ended one.)
Published 16 months ago by Jon

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitors
I purchased 2 of these to setup my home-office.

They are great and perfect for work.

Unfortunately, they are not wall-mountable and as such need to be left on the desk.

Other than this word of caution they are more than fine for money and perfectly suited for desktop applicionations.
Published 17 months ago by Amazonian

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor, highly recommended, 29 Dec 2012
Let's keep this short and to the point:
2. It's a great screen, as you'd expect from Samsung - crisp image/text, vivid colours, and all adjustable to your specific needs. The specs say it all - read them carefully.
3. YES, the screen tilts on the stand (with some persuasion, I grant), it's firm and doesn't wobble (so long as you securely screw it together, or unless you punch the keyboard when typing) and actually looks rather neat - it's gloss too, by the way, to match the 'frame' of the screen.
4. Warranty is 2 years (correct at time of writing), more details on Samsung's website.
5. Ensure your graphics card is a good quality one, and the drivers are up to date, as this can make a huge difference to the screen's resolution. The monitor works in tandem with your computer's graphics card, if the card is sub-standard (or if you're using an 'on-board' chip and no card at all) then you could have a 3000 monitor and will be disappointed if the card doesn't support 1920 x 1080. (If all this is gibberish to you, go do some research and save yourself some time and disappointment.)
6. I typically expect a monitor like this to last me at least 5 years, so why fret about a few extra pounds? Buy a quality screen for your enjoyment over that time. If you write off any extra cost over the same period it's negligible and therefore total false economy!
7. Only real drawback is the external power supply unit, if this goes wrong (and it's the most likely component to do so) then it can be relatively costly to replace. (Some may also feel that the lack of an integrated cable tidy at the back of the stand also a drawback.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Monitor!!!, 29 Aug 2012
Got this monitor to use as a external monitor for my macbook pro, and its amazing! Delivery was super fast as it said! And the Monitor its self is great quality and stunning picture, great for gaming, pictures and for surfing the web because the text is so clear and no blur as you find on some other monitors, before i purchased some reviews said the stand which came with the monitor wobbled, i have not noticed this to me it feels well built and sturdy. Great Purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, Slick and Simple., 10 May 2012
Bought this while it was a deal of the week, for cheaper than it is now, having said that, I would still have paid full price!
The monitor is simple to set up, supplied with a VGA cable for monitors. Quite literally plug in and go!
I now have a dual monitor set up, and I love it!

A piece of advice though, it does not include any sort of HDMI cable! You will need to buy that separately!

4.0 out of 5 stars S24B300H DOES tilt!!, 29 Jun 2012
I just wanted to clarify that the S24B300H DOES tilt, however, a little bit of force is required. I also had a problem when trying to tilt in the beginning until I saw this video,[...] (stand on this model is the same).

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant with a Macbook Pro, 23 Aug 2012
This review is from: Samsung S22B300HS 21.5 inch Widescreen LED Monitor - Gloss Black (1920 x 1080 Full HD, 5ms, HDMI/VGA) (Accessory)
Got it for my macbook pro and it is amazing, works perfectly and looks beautiful. very fast shipment got it in 2 days with free super saver.

HOWEVER!
one bit of advice if you are going to use with a macbook pro, i got it with a cable that went straight from mini display to hdmi and this wouldnt allow me to run it in full HD only 720p which looked horrible and zoomed in (I'm a tech person, i tried several methods to get it to work). Now i have a mini display to hdmi converter (10 amazon) and a HDMI cable (3 amazon) and it works perfectly in beautiful 1080p. No idea why this problem exists but ive read of other people having this issue so just a heads up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor, 17 May 2012
I love this monitor. I was a bit worried when I bought it as there were no reviews at the time so I was buying blind so to speak. I already have a Samsung flat screen tv and love it so I took the plunge and bought this. I have to say it is an AWESOME screen. I couldn't be happier. The picture quality is sooooo clear. In fact when I have my laptop open in front of this screen the lap top screen looks really poor, and yet for years I was very happy with the laptop.

There is no HDMI cable it is true, but amazon do offer a free "AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable" with this monitor. If you look underneath the picture of the monitor at the top of the page next to "Special Offers and Product Promotions" it explains what to do. So I could use this with my graphics card which dosn't support HDMI but has a DVI slot.

Buy it, you won't be disappointed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Screen, 4 Sep 2012
Firstly, I'd like to state that I chose this monitor over the Acer monitor as I read that the Samsung screen has better colour quality (and it was 5 cheaper at the time).

This screen is amazing. I upgraded from a 19" non HD monitor and I can seriously see the difference. The colour is extremely sharp, crisp and crystal clear and the size and resolution is great too. I never knew how hazy my previous screen looked before the Samsung screen and I was stunned the first time I saw it. The monitor is also impressively thin, which is great. Looks great too. Overall... GREAT.

It's a must buy if you're looking for a HD monitor this size in this price range, easy choice.

P.S. I'm using a VGA cable but that has the exact same effect has a HD cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the avoidance of doubt ...., 25 Aug 2012
Mike 400 (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I received this monitor today and it is excellent. There are many positive comments about the quality of image and I dont intend to repeat them.

However:

I can confirm that the S22B300HS as sold by Amazon in Aug 2012 DOES tilt.

I mention this only because doubt about this did prevent me from ordering for some time.

Works straight out of the box (Windows 7).

Really cant see why anyone would not be delighted with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars SAMSUNG S24B300HL, 5 Sep 2012
I can't beleive I made do for so long with an inferior 19 inch screen. The Samsung is excellent. Clear, sharp definition, easy to set and use and excellent graphics. The width of screen takes some accommodation, but it is worth it for the overall quality. There is no distortion. I am able to read the text and type faces easily at a distance of about 0.5m, although I wear glasses for reading at 3.0 strength. As a senior, I very much appreciate the features this screen embodies and it is definitely senior friendly. Everything is very good and I have no hesitiation in highly recommending this model.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor, 12 May 2012
This monitor has a great bright display. Out of the box the brightness was at 100%, but that is the only thing I have adjusted at the moment.

The controls are on the bottom right hand edge and are touch sensitive, you have to sort of wrap your finger around to the back of the monitor which takes a bit of getting used to, but then again they won't be used often.

The monitor only has HDMI and D-Sub (VGA) input and only a VGA lead is included.

ARRAY(0xa548b9cc)