on 13 August 2013
The Canon MX435 all in one is the best printer that I've purchased to date. Set up was easy except the Airplay function that requires a firmware upgrade to version 2 but is now fully operational. The device is connected to my network that comprises of an Apple Airport Extreme 80211 ac and first and second generation airport express devices. Please note that for the Airplay printing to work when connected to an Airport device it must be connected wirelessly and not with a cable. I have a range of devices, laptop, tablet, desktop and smartphone, that can all print wirelessly over Wi-Fi or via the Airplay icon. The only downside to the printer is the size, it is quite bulky compared to other brands. I only use genuine Canon ink cartridges that are reasonably priced on Amazon and last well.
on 9 March 2013
I'm getting great quality prints out of this and really like how you can dump lots of pages in the platen to scan them in all at once and you pop them back in once scanned to automatically scan the reverse for a full duplex document scanned to a PDF file. Perfect if you want save old magazines etc without spending hours at it. The software does feel like it takes over your PC a little but you can get rid of the bits you don't need and with so many useful options I've kept most of it on anyway. It takes no time at all to setup, just let it scan for your wireless network and key in your password. I never seem to be waiting long for prints and its quiet with a small footprint compared to some of those HP Beasts. Would definitely recommend.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 March 2013
This printer is perfect for my needs. I needed to be able to print the occasional document and photo and this fits the bill. It's really easy to set up, wireless feature set up easily, just needed the passcode for my broadband box, installed on computer and ready to go. Didn't even need to install anything on the iPad, it just found the printer. Photocopier a bonus, worked well when I needed to use it, not scanned to pc yet, but sure will be fine when I do. Delighted I bought from amazon warehouse as used, only issue was the box was bashed, but packaging had protected printer, all brand new and sealed in box. Would recommend
on 27 November 2014
Printer looks very good and prints well. The reason for my 3 star review is that I often have difficulties getting it to print from some programmes and it seems slow so I then end up with multiple printouts of the same document? Probably user error in some way but I've never experienced user errors with previous printers. Cartridges are pricey and it doesn't like non brand ones so won't read ink levels.
on 11 September 2014
Really good printer. Didn't buy from amazon as my dad bought it for me from somewhere else. Easy to use even for me! Really good quality printing. (I print a lot as I'm a student veterinary nurse). Ink is not that expensive and seems to last a long time. Would definitely buy another when needed. Previously had a Epson that I had replaced 4 times by PC world. YES 4 times! -Under its warranty.
on 1 August 2012
Very pleased with Photo quality, as good as the Epson 5 colour it replaces. Very easy to set up and use. Works well with my Canon camera. It does indicate that it is running out of colour ink long before it actualy does, I ignore this until the print quality drops.
on 27 May 2013
Wireless does not work with one of my laptops, and both do not print properly even though I have gone through everything in the troubleshooting guide. Wish I hadn't bought it
on 7 October 2014
Life got so much easier !!lol...Love using the printer...I'll do everything on my laptop & that's about it..you just have to turn on the machine & the rest is history!
on 20 March 2014
I have used hp and Samsung printers but it is much better .I am using this for last one year .The only draw back is the ink cartridge is costly
on 3 June 2012
purchased this for my new office and works very well so far , not sure about the ink consumption , but will know soon.