on 26 September 2013
As I did not need book on all Caribbean islands, just wanted Barbados, this fitted the description.
Only dislike is that map of island could be better. Otherwise very useful information as per all Lonely Planet books.
on 23 April 2013
Bought this before we went to the island to get an overview - we were only there for one week so wanted to make the most of our time there. Found it to be a good little guide for this purpose.
on 23 November 2012
Poor value - it's just a chapter lifted from another book as you can see from the cover. We bought the 1994 version of the Eastern Caribbean book when we first went to Barbados and the section was pretty good. This updated version seemed poor by comparison. I read through it before we left, it didn't mention most of the things and places I was trying to find out about and I wish I hadn't bought it.
on 8 March 2014
We were there for Christmas and New Year and have booked to go back in September.
It is a beautiful island and the Bajan people are so friendly and helpful.
We intend hiring a car on next visit so that we can visit the bones of the island.
Well worth a visit.
The hotel, Barbados Resort and Spa is a great place to stay and the food is 5 star.
on 18 December 2013
Poor value for the price - Appreciated its just a chapter of a larger book but expected more illustrations and more in depth info on the island and it's features and locations.
Not recommended unless becomes much v
cheaper - no more than 40p