on 23 April 2012
My 12 year old 'hunger games fan' daughter bought this. I thought it was a bit expensive when we bought it but the price does vary siginficantly. My daughter loves it.

It is bigger than I thought so just to clarify it is 4.5cm from arrow tip to wing tip and 3.6cm diameter on the circle. It is a pin badge rather than a brooch fastening. It is gold in colour, with an aged look like it was picked up in the hob (or for the purer fan who read the books, belonged to your friend's aunt who had died in the arena 20 odd years ago). It looks just like Kaniss's once on a coat...

As long as the hunger games craze lasts I am sure it will 'be for ever in your favour'!!!

Update: It is forever increasing in favour... I'm just ordering another for my daughter's friend's birthday
on 25 April 2012
After reading all 3 books I became a HungerGames fanatic almost immediately, and after watching the films I knew this was a must have piece of merchandise. If anybody else is like that I highly recommend this product! On the picture it looks a cheap silver pin, but it isn't it is a nice gold colour, bigger than I thought it would be and looks like the actual mockingjay pin used in the film. I bought it as soon as possible and am very very very very pleased with the resulsts. Like I said before, I would highly recommend it to any HungerGames fanatic! I hope customers enjoy the mockingjay pin as much as I do, Katniss would be proud of you and may the odds be EVER, in your favour...
on 1 May 2012
I'm 15 years old and after reading the books and seeing the film 3 times, I fell in love with the hunger games and Katniss. I got my mother to get me this, and I haven't taken it off since I bought it! It is gold even though it looks silver in the picture and I would definatly buy this for any hunger games fanatic, just like me :) Of course this badge isn't educational but I love it so much I rated 5 stars for all of them :P
on 12 April 2012
I'm 13 and i got 2 of these one for me and one for my friend! they're much nicer than i expected and they look amazing! on the picture it looks silver and i got a bit worried but they are actually gold, but not a tacky gold, it's like shabby chic!
Looks like the real thing and i am so proud and happy to have this!
review image
on 21 June 2012
The other good reviews here suggest I got a duff one, but the arrow was bent and the quality of the finish was poor (I have another one that looks exactly like you would expect - this one was intended to be a gift). I suspect it may not have come from a genuine manufacturer. Why didn't I return it? Because I thought I could fix the arrow with a gentle wiggle and it snapped off. I won't buy another one!
on 5 May 2012
I am a big fan of The Hunger Games books and the film and this product is great!
It looks pretty much exactly the same as Katniss' in the movie so awesome if you want it for cosplaying or just as a fan.
I looked far and wide for a pin that was the correct size/shape and price and this met all requirements.
It feels very durable and as if it as no intention of breaking.
The colour looks silver in the picture, but it's actually a very nice worn gold colour, like in the film.
The detail is lovely and overall it looks great, not cheap or tacky. I was very happy to pay what I did for it.
on 9 June 2012
I bought 2 because i read they comments and they were good and i wanted them so badly.

I ordered two of them and there are some black stuff on both of them. Mostly at the back and a little bit at the surface but they still look good. One of them turns alot on my shirt when i pin it on, the other doensn't because there's another small needle at the back next to the big one to stop it from turning. I don't know why only one of them has the small needle.

Anyway one of them was very good. Good luck getting one that doesn't turn when you pin it on!
on 26 April 2012
I recieved this item in good time before the delivery date and it arrived in excellent condition. The pin is beautiful and is a dull gold rather than silver as it appears in the picture. It makes the pin look more authentic.
on 20 April 2012
i got this as a birthday present and i absolutely love it! i was going to buy it myself but i thought it was a bit expensive, so i was really happy when someone else bought it me! it is in perfect condition and is a great replica for the one in the film, the detail is exactly right! since i opened the packet the back of it has darkened in some places, seemingly for no reason? but it doesn't matter because the front is perfect! this is a really good buy!
on 17 May 2013
Cheap SILVER pin
This is not a replica of the prop...should be gold coloured
Only purchased it as it was Amazon supported seller.
Have been offered my money back but it should not be listed as a replica of the film prop.
Replaced it with another one off Amazon that is the right colour and better quality for similar price.